• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought a PSVR.... Any good deals on the PS Move controllers? No fucking way I'm paying 130$ for a new set... That's ridiculous...

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
So I just bought a PSVR.... Any good deals on the PS Move controllers? No fucking way I'm paying 130$ for a new set... That's ridiculous...

You can probably find two used PS3 ones online or at a pawn shop, they should work as far as I know. They do use mini-USB for charging vs micro USB however.

Oct 25, 2017

Try this

https://www.redflagdeals.com/

Be sure to check that website regularly cuz you would never know when good deals will be occur.

OR

Ebay is your alley since they're only selling low price for move controllers.

Found one is cost $22.99 for each move controllers and you will get over $96 and that things is refurbished.

Last edited:

Turbowolf

Nov 2, 2018
Sorry double post.

In other news, I cancelled my PSX Classic preorder today. The reviews for it have not been great. I just grabbed a PSTV and a 32GB Vita memory card for a coworker for 100$ so that will be my little retro emulator box. Plus I can use a DS3/4 with it too.

Cancelled mine as well. Probably should have done so when the games list was announced, but the poor reviews finally pushed me over the edge.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna requote myself to ask if anyone has any advice
Hey guys, I need some advice for a VERY specific delivery situation.

So I preordered 3 games from Walmart online; Fallout 76 in one order, Battlefield V and Smash Bros. in another order.

Fallout 76 got delivered perfectly fine by UPS. No problem there. Never opened the game, so I fully intended on returning it because of various reasons (too busy, game's not great apparently). At one point, I clicked on return options to see what my options are (I don't know if this flagged anything on their system).

So a while after; I'm waiting for Battlefield V to ship, and what do you know, the delivery person probably came during the hours I'm not at home. I didn't receive any notice slip (does UPS do this?) , and the Walmart website started to give me return options, so I'm thinking it thinks the game was already delivered. I email walmart customer support and asked something along the lines of "My game was supposed to arrive on the 20th, and the website seems like it thinks the game is already delivered, could I get some help on this?". Nothing aggressive or specific, just wanted to see if they were going to give some general advice first.

They come back to me with a reply saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, the system says it was delivered in person, etc... we're refunding you for FALLOUT 76".
I get a couple of follow up messages telling me "we'll send you a return mail label; we're waiting for the package, etc."

I send another email specifying "Hi I sent an email a while back... you guys seemed to have refunded the wrong game (Fallout 76) and put it in under "to be returned", which is no biggie since I'm planning to return it for unrelated reasons. The issue for the delivery service was about BATTLEFIELD V *insert original message here*"

Customer help follows the original chain with "We're sorry for the inconvenience, we... our emails show that it was delivered to the correct address... as per our records, we've already processed a refund for your order that was declared lost after delivery. The system automatically sends out return notices, ignore that as they don't apply to you."

So I'm sitting here with what is essentially a free copy of Fallout 76, and I'm hoping that Battlefield V, wherever it is at UPS, will eventually get sent back to Walmart and get refunded (too busy to play it). I feel dirty cause I essentially cheated their system unintentionally, but I'm DUMBFOUNDED as to how customer service came to those conclusions in the first place. I want to send another email telling them to undo the last refund and refund Battlefield V instead, but I'm worried that a) I won't be able to return Fallout 76 anymore because it's past 14 days since the delivery, and b) They'll cancel the batch order of Battlefield V AND Smash Bros. together.

I have no idea what to do

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna requote myself to ask if anyone has any advice
I'm not really sure what you're asking. It sounds like the situation is essentially resolved. You're not out of any money. Sounds like you did what you could do, and Wal-Mart screwed up on their end. This is a very common thing with them. Just take the win, keep an eye on your statements to make sure you get your refund and aren't charged anything you shouldn't be, and sleep easy. You did nothing wrong.

Beyond that, I don't know what you want us to do for you.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not really sure what you're asking. It sounds like the situation is essentially resolved. You're not out of any money. Sounds like you did what you could do, and Wal-Mart screwed up on their end. This is a very common thing with them. Just take the win, keep an eye on your statements to make sure you get your refund and aren't charged anything you shouldn't be, and sleep easy. You did nothing wrong.

Beyond that, I don't know what you want us to do for you.
That's fine. I just wanted know if it that type of mistake was common with Walmart and I'm not just lowkey participating in refund fraud or something.

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
I updated my card on my Smash Ultimate order on Walmart and now the game is showing full price and I already have a charge on my card for it. Did the CSR mess up and I have to call them back, or will I somehow actually be charged the $50 + tax rather than what it is showing?

Edit:

Called back and they adjusted it back to $50. Funny since all the CSRs told me they had no way to adjust a price when my Let's Go was cancelled and I asked for them to make a new order at the discounted price.

Last edited:

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has anyone here tried to return a PS VR at Best Buy?

I might try to return mine...getting headaches whenever I play..

Fairxchange

Oct 30, 2017
The only deal I got for BF was the Bose QC II's on sale for $50 off. Should be coming today according to Amazon. I'm not expecting to be blown away in terms of audio quality but I hope it's good nonetheless!

Rumble

Oct 25, 2017
Hamilton, Ontario
IIRC you get a code emailed to you if you order online. I think you have to go to a physical store to buy a physical PSN/eShop GC.

Does this answer your question?

Yeah it does thanks. I was only asking because I used to buy psn gift cards at the grocery store with PC point rewards but they eventually put a stop to it. I guess this isn't really the same situation though.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The only deal I got for BF was the Bose QC II's on sale for $50 off. Should be coming today according to Amazon. I'm not expecting to be blown away in terms of audio quality but I hope it's good nonetheless!
They're very good headphones. I don't know your threshold for being blown away, but I'd be surprised if you had much of an issue with them

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
There any deals for PS+? Or is costcos price the best one atm.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How does EBGames handle online preorders? If I were to preorder a game, would I have to pay for express shipping to get the game on release day?

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
OMG this is hilarious to me. WalMart Canada responds to Geoff Keighley! I don't think they get it. LOL

Edit: sorry, in case anyone doesn't know, WM Canada spoiled several new games right before E3.

Maestrodamus

Banned
Aug 29, 2018
Anyone know where to purchase new Dualshock 3s that are legit and not Chinese fakes? Amazon is no good (all fakes). Local stores only seem to have used ones that aren't in the good shape. Ebay is very hit or miss and the "hit" ones cost way above the MSRP.

I'd also like to get some Dualshock 2's if you know a place. (new).

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thanks....I'll try to find some used ones cause that's still way too expensive...

I bet there was a sweet spot between the release of the Move on the PS3 and the announcement of PSVR where the controllers were super cheap everywhere.
They had clearance packs with the PS3 camera + a couple of Move controllers and a game for $20. lol

Oct 25, 2017
They had clearance packs with the PS3 camera + a couple of Move controllers and a game for $20. lol

I remember I once bought it and rarely use it for playing AR of fairy tale books or something. Then I untouched it for decade until when I bought a PSVR so I thought I'd finally use it....and then it became unresponsive and broken. :|

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone know where to purchase new Dualshock 3s that are legit and not Chinese fakes? Amazon is no good (all fakes). Local stores only seem to have used ones that aren't in the good shape. Ebay is very hit or miss and the "hit" ones cost way above the MSRP.

I'd also like to get some Dualshock 2's if you know a place. (new).

If you want new, you're going to have to pay eBay prices way over the MSRP. They're long out of print, and every store that had them has clearanced them years ago. You're best off buying something used, and replacing the thumbsticks with Chinese replacements. The Chinese PS3 thumbsticks available in an assortment of colors tend to be better quality (some of the black ones are passable, but some black ones are crap). PS2 replacement sticks seem to have dried up at some point. Which is annoying, I could use some myself.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just wanted to say fuck the Visions in Port Coquitlam. The weasels tried to pretend they were giving me $100 off the listed price of the TV when it was the listed price.

Embarrassed they offered me another $100 off if I got their warranty. Told me warranty will be refunded if I don't use it. Also said they do 0% financing over 12 months with a $41 fee. I was going to buy with cash but decided to put that money instead in a staff rate term deposit. So why not!

$41 feel + $98 fee on the finance companies end. Warranty refund is an in store only rebate... that can only be used on items worth double the value of the warranty (which was 299). I even asked the salesperson 3 times that it's a full refund. Also if you don't apply for it within 90 days of your anniversary date you lose it. Oh and you can't apply for it within 30 days...? Basically so Black Friday people can't use it for Boxing Day 2 years later?

Needles to say I gave the manager shit and got the warranty refunded and reimbursed. I work in a bank and deal with LoC, Mortgages and Helocs. Felt disgusted after

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Just wanted to say fuck the Visions in Port Coquitlam. The weasels tried to pretend they were giving me $100 off the listed price of the TV when it was the listed price.

Embarrassed they offered me another $100 off if I got their warranty. Told me warranty will be refunded if I don't use it. Also said they do 0% financing over 12 months with a $41 fee. I was going to buy with cash but decided to put that money instead in a staff rate term deposit. So why not!

$41 feel + $98 fee on the finance companies end. Warranty refund is an in store only rebate... that can only be used on items worth double the value of the warranty (which was 299).

Needles to say I gave the manager shit and got the warranty refunded and reimbursed. I work in a bank and deal with LoC, Mortgages and Helocs. Felt disgusted after

I'll take note to never go there, then. Need to get a new TV soon too.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Cancelled mine as well. Probably should have done so when the games list was announced, but the poor reviews finally pushed me over the edge.

Same. Hearing that even NTSC games had issues with framerate (according to Eurogamer) was what made me finally pull the trigger on canceling. Oh well.

I cancelled mine a couple of weeks ago and it sounds like I made the right decision. I was always on the fence anyways.

Team cancellation right here too. Store said a few people had cancelled already but nothing in big numbers. Wanted to play MGS again but it's missing way too many memorable games.

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Anybody dealt with Nintendo lately for repairs? I picked up a Switch for my girlfriend over the weekend at Shoppers (20x points, woo) and today we notice this light border around the edge of the screen. Goes away if the Switch is turned off but comes back when left in sleep mode.
Shoppers won't accept it for an exchange or refund and told me to go to Nintendo. They're closed for the night, so that's where I'm at right now.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anybody dealt with Nintendo lately for repairs? I picked up a Switch for my girlfriend over the weekend at Shoppers (20x points, woo) and today we notice this light border around the edge of the screen. Goes away if the Switch is turned off but comes back when left in sleep mode.
Shoppers won't accept it for an exchange or refund and told me to go to Nintendo. They're closed for the night, so that's where I'm at right now.

I sent mine in for repair due to overheating and battery issues. They do the standard walkthrough trouble shooting to find the problem. They thought it was the standard charging cable, so they sent me a new one fairly quickly (3-4 days). Then when that didn't work, called them immediately to send it in. It was quick and they were pretty good with updates on the diagnostics and repair. I lost my 40 hour BOTW save, they did let me know beforehand. All in all, I was comfortable with how they handled everything. I hope my experience wasn't the exception and Nintendo is actually garbage with this stuff. Get the online subscription if you already have any saves you want to hold onto.

Last edited:

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017

The experiences seem to vary. I fortunately had a good experience a few months ago. I called Nintedo's support line for assistance first and they had me send in my niece's Pokeball 2DS XL to their Vancouver location for repair. They'll send you a confirmation number through email and you can check the status of the repair/shipment on their website. You'll have to double-check with them on how they'll proceed with your issue though. In my case, they said if they couldn't repair the 2DSXL they'd send a refurbished regular edition (aqua/black or white/orange). Fortunately they fixed the knob on my niece's 2DSXL and I got that one back about a week and a half later. They might end up sending you a refurb though.

I wish you the best of luck!

Edit: ^ Right, I forgot they tried getting me to troubleshoot it first.
If it doesn't work, then they'll get you to send it in. They typically instruct you to remove things from the device before sending it in.

ThatsMacky

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a question for anyone that has ordered a package from Walmart and had it shipped to the store. How long after Canada Ppst (or whoever) delivers the item to the store do you get the "Ready for Pickup" e-mail? The item was delivered 48 hours ago, but have yet to receive an e-mail saying I can pick it up.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DtJI-0EU0AAX2Lo.jpg:large

t1543507200z1.png

Here's a question for anyone that has ordered a package from Walmart and had it shipped to the store. How long after Canada Ppst (or whoever) delivers the item to the store do you get the "Ready for Pickup" e-mail? The item was delivered 48 hours ago, but have yet to receive an e-mail saying I can pick it up.
All those systems are hit and miss with the volume of backlog

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
OMG this is hilarious to me. WalMart Canada responds to Geoff Keighley! I don't think they get it. LOL

Edit: sorry, in case anyone doesn't know, WM Canada spoiled several new games right before E3.

Seems like walmart in the other replies below is humoring the other responses lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.