• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guy
Dudley
Makoto
Rose
Akira (Rival Schools)

RS needs some attention, and I think she'd be perfect.

Wouldn't you rather have Akira in a game that isn't basically dead in two years time?

Poison was a very late addition to SF4 and she still appeared in SF5, so it doesn't mean a character added here is excluded from 6.

Doesn't mean they're excluded, but it likely severely reduces their chances (esp. if they're less popular or from SF2) of being added in SF6 early on or at all.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Huh, interesting, but I just can't get back into the game this late in its lifespan, I'm over it. Haven't even bought CE yet. I would've wanted Rose, Deejay, Oro, Makoto and Sodom or Fei Long, but now I hope they're saved for 6.

Decapre, Yun/Yang, C Viper, Rolento, Dan or Sean would be my picks now.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I understand the sentiment but since this is a fighting game new characters usually means there will be a rebalancing of some sort. Your character might eat nerfs and from that point of view it would be worse

And if he wants to stay up and up with the changes he will HAVE to get it in order to not be left behind. Kinda like the fighters pass for smash where Chances are I'm only going to like one or two of the characters but I still end up having to buy the pass so I can practice fighting those other characters in the Lab.

I think it's justified to at least be annoyed at this. Especially if you waited till all that stuff was done to buy the game, only for Capcom to be like lol have super turbo 2 final 9 for like the third time in a row.
I've always been on the opinion that dlc characters should be usable in practice mode for everyone for that very reason but in the grand scheme of things it's a very small negative factor of having more paid/grind content. You can learn how to deal with them with the old tried and true arcade method of just playing.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will surely be the dream team 5 characters:

Fei Long/T-Hawk (SSFII Character - Unique)
Dudley/Sean (SFIII Character - Semi Shoto)
Abel/El Fuerte (SFIV Character - Rush Down Grappler)
C. Viper/Makoto (Over powered girl)
New Original character.

BTW, before anyone asks, I am not leaking shit or saying I have an uncle at Capcom or anything, this is just a prediction/educated guess.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter V is too good of a value now for me to be able to comprehend the complaints about that aspect.

That being said I would rather they move onto a new game anyway. The core systems in this game aren't going to be fixed by more updates.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ONE LAST CHANCE FOR MY BOI

latest

LETS GO

Deleted member 56457

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I've been playing a lot of CvS2 Netplay lately. It would be pretty cool to get a non traditional SF character like morrgan in the game

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's time.

tumblr_o7a0a1Q1PC1uhfq0qo1_250.gif

New Original character.

BTW, before anyone asks, I am not leaking shit or saying I have an uncle at Capcom or anything, this is just a prediction/educated guess.
Alternatively, five character from all five mainline installments, excluding SFV.

My picks:

SF1: Eagle
SF2: Fei-Long
SF3: Makoto
SF4: Decapre
Alpha: Rose

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Let us sacrifice Marlowe, Juni, Edi E, Twelve and Violent Ken on the altar of SFV.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

New Original character.

Rose has long been rumoured to be basically complete. I'd be surprised if she isn't one of the 5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Rose, Oro, Decapre, & 2 newcomers are who I expect. The first 3 have been rumored for a while, & there are typically 2 newcomers per season anyway. With that said, it being an odd number does complicate things.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This and the other thread should be merged and someone should make a thread to discuss your 5 wanted characters.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the "ultimate all the content forever" edition wasn't actually that. Fuck!

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't you rather have Akira in a game that isn't basically dead in two years time?

Of course, I'd love to see Akira be on the main roster for SF6 or another Capcom fighter--like a proper RS game for instance--but I don't know if that'll happen for awhile, if ever. This game has got long legs, so I can see it going for a little while longer than two years. Also, characters like Akira being in this game doesn't necessarily cut her out from future games. If anything,it'll help set up the precedent to bring in more characters from other games.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Pretty excited for this. I've been back on an USFIV binge lately (despite its appalling netcode) so I'd love to see Dan back.

Rose, Viper and Oro have been rumoured since AE so I wonder if they'll return? I expect with Abel and Decapre already having models in game they'd be I with a shot, or one of the other dolls.

I hope they polish the rough edges a little (character select clipping issues, bland menus, long loading times) and it would be nice to have unique intro and win pose animations but it's probably too late in its life to invest in superficial elements.

I agree that they should save interesting characters (Rufus, Necro, Makoto, Yoko Harmegeddon, King Cobra) for Street Fighter 6 though.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn I thought they were done with the game.

Still waiting for concept design Rufus being made into a real character. I'll take that for SF6 though.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
But I just bought the Champion Edition which was said to be the final season right?, So your telling me there is more and I have to buy more SFV? T_T

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Adon was my main in IV, so it's my main pick. But if I can choose another one... C. Viper please, I need to fail to try learning to play her properly once again.

Rival School's Akira would be dope too!

krg

Oct 27, 2017
But I just bought the final season, You telling me there is more and I have to buy more SFV? T_T
borderline scam the way they announced Championship Edition last time.
Also it was the same damn disc with digital codes...I'm not supporting this, just release SF 6 already.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about G. Probably no Q in this, then. Phew.

Of course, I'd love to see Akira be on the main roster for SF6 or another Capcom fighter--like a proper RS game for instance--but I don't know if that'll happen for awhile, if ever.

Itsuno's said he always intended RS as a trilogy, and he's said many times he wants to make a new one. I fully believe him on that. Even if it's his last game as director.

This game has got long legs, so I can see it going for a little while longer than two years.

They're calling this the final season. SF6 can't be much more than 2 years away at this point.

Also, characters like Akira being in this game doesn't necessarily cut her out from future games. If anything,it'll help set up the precedent to bring in more characters from other games.

While it doesn't remove a character's chances, it makes it way less likely they'll appear during its early life span or at all, unless they're a mainstay or very popular.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Lol I thought CE was supposed to be the ultimate "this is the entire game" but I guess they couldn't help themselves

That's what I thought when I bought it!

One of two things I guess. Either Capcon wants another $30...or SFVI is delayed one year because of the covids and this is a direct result of that.

There is no way in hell It is unlikely they did it because "the reception of the last season".

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm okay with this.

That's what I thought when I bought it!

One of two things I guess. Either Capcon wants another $30...or SFVI is delayed one year because of the covids and this is a direct result of that.

There is no way in hell It is unlikely they did it because "the reception of the last season".

Could also be that SF6 is unreal engine 5 and they'll need more time with the engine.