Status
Not open for further replies.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I am going mad if this results in more than just E3 presentation at MS conference and a marketing deal with MS like bundles, master chief skin, xbonex enhanced etc. I am thinking of a similar situation like the timed exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am going mad if this results in more than just E3 presentation at MS conference and a marketing deal with MS like bundles, master chief skin, xbonex enhanced etc. I am thinking of a similar situation like the timed exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I'd be surprised if the Capcom of today was (still) stupid enough to do something like this.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if the Capcom of today was (still) stupid enough to do something like this.

Or MS is trying to get REmake2 as day one game pass title. If REmake 2 is released simultaneously on PS4 and Xbox One then it will probably sell the least on Xbox One if the plattform doesn't offer any significant advantages. So maybe MS tries to push their game pass subscriptions with day one releases of third party games.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Im a big RE fan but for some reason i have zero hype for REmake 2, it could be very cool i guess but im hoping its something else

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Or MS is trying to get REmake2 as day one game pass title. If REmake 2 is released simultaneously on PS4 and Xbox One then it will probably sell the least on Xbox One if the plattform doesn't offer any significant advantages. So maybe MS tries to push their game pass subscriptions with day one releases of third party games.

I could see this, didn't Resident Evil 7 support Play Anywhere ? Capcom seem willing enough to support these Xbox initiatives.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm feeling some marketing exclusives coming up next FY...

Microsoft: RER2
Sony: DMCV
Nintendo: MHP5

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom's visit to Microsoft most likely had a lot more to do with Dead Rising 5 and it being Microsoft's timed exclusive game for the end of 2018. Like Tomb Raider and a few other franchises, Resident Evil will always be seen as a PlayStation franchise plain and simple. Don't see Capcom being stupid enough to put REmake2 on Xbox One first. Dead Rising is seen as more of an Xbox franchise than Resident Evil so I'll go with Dead Rising 5.

Still expecting REmake2 to be shown finally at E3 2018 during Sony's press conference. Not expecting the game until 2019, maybe even 2020 though.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Re6 is a great game once you learn the ins and outs of the combat system. The game never properly teaches you the combat system though so it's understandable that most people dislike it. It's my favorite out of the action RE games.

That being said, I hop RE2make is nothing like it or any other action RE.

Eh, I think RE6 is a great combat system once you learn it. I still don't think the Campaign is very good, especially since it keeps taking you away from the meat of the combat to like ride motorcyles and helicopters and slide down mountains and stuff.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's visit to Microsoft most likely had a lot more to do with Dead Rising 5 and it being Microsoft's timed exclusive game for the end of 2018. Like Tomb Raider and a few other franchises, Resident Evil will always be seen as a PlayStation franchise plain and simple. Don't see Capcom being stupid enough to put REmake2 on Xbox One first. Dead Rising is seen as more of an Xbox franchise than Resident Evil so I'll go with Dead Rising 5.

Still expecting REmake2 to be shown finally at E3 2018 during Sony's press conference. Not expecting the game until 2019, maybe even 2020 though.

It's Capcom's R&D1 that visited Microsoft and not Capcom Vancouver (responsible for Dead Rising) though. Also, Resident Evil 6 was showcased at MS E3 conference and not Sony's. It's unlikely that REmake 2 will be exclusive to any platform (you never know though) but a marketing deal is very likely.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Here's the thing with Dead Rising 5. That just started development and is quite a ways off. Aside from that DR4 vastly undersold even as a timed exclusive and didn't have much positive reception. Would MS really be interested in getting DR5 as a timed title again? It's more likely DR5 being like DR2 where it has a simultaneous release on all systems (hell, the DR2 Director is apparently on board for that game).

After all of that the person visiting MS atm is the producer for Resident Evil. Division 1 and this person have absolutely no say in Dead Rising at all. So saying they're talking about Dead Rising is like me saying the Mon Hun Producer is there talking about Resident Evil. It doesn't add up.

Lastly, people forget that RE has been at MS before. MS had marketing rights for RE5 and RE6 on their stage back in the day. So it's not a stretch that they might be the ones to show off RE2 despite the history it might have with the PS brand. All things considered, RE2 even after it released got ported relatively quick to a variety of platforms.

Obviously not saying I'm right. But there's enough to not outright dismiss what this visit might be for.

With all of that said. The chance of a timed exclusive deal for any RE game is slim to none these days. The most exclusivity would be modes (VR for RE7 PS4, play anywhere for RE7 Xbox).

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While MS had marketing for RE6 and I think RE5, both still sold better on PS3. Capcom Vancouver is the studio that had their new IP cancelled in favor of DR5 which I was disappointed with but not surprised. Wasn't DR5 said to be 50% done and that they now went back to finishing it up? I'm still expecting DR5 to be a Xbox One timed exclusive when it does release. MS could end up with the marketing for REmake2 but the game will still sell better on PS4. Microsoft always goes after the games that simply make the less sense, at least from my perspective. We'll see though. Would like to think that it's a new IP or a return to an older IP that's been dormant for a while.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looks like maybe the trip was just for this interview.

Doesn't cancel out RE2make at Xbox's E3 Show. But does mean they definitely were there for the X patch. So it remains to be seen if there was more to the trip than just that.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There better be an explosion of information all-things Capcom at E3.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...it's basically E3 and TGS, at this point.

REmake2 is one thing, but I've been interested in whatever the hell Kobayashi has been teasing, since whatever RE thing he is working on something that hasn't been announced, yet.
Time out, wait... what? Where has Kobayashi been teasing something. 1st I'm hearing of this. Also what do you mean what he's working on is unannounced? I thought he was working on either DMCV or REmake2.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Time out, wait... what? Where has Kobayashi been teasing something. 1st I'm hearing of this. Also what do you mean what he's working on is unannounced? I thought he was working on either DMCV or REmake2.

This goes back to a prior appearance at last year's Basara Club Fan Meeting 2017 Spring (a fan event/festival for, you guessed it, Sengoku Basara!). Read about it and one English-speaking person's experiences at said event here.

But long story short, ol "KobaP" just said that he was currently working on something for Biohazard, and that was the main reason he didn't have anything more to offer on the Basara front, at that event. He didn't go into any further than that, when it came to Biohazard/RE. Since by that point in time, it was already May 28 2017, and Vendetta had just been released into theaters in Japan, he likely wasn't talking about that (even though he was a producer for that flick).

Being a Producer, he's probably got his hands in several pots at once at Capcom, and it's highly likely that both the next DMC and Sengoku Basara games are included in that number. But considering that the last producer's name attached to REmake2 was Yoshiaki "H" Hirabayashi, I always assumed that meant that Kobayashi was talking about another RE game altogether. Perhaps another smaller, Revelations-type title.

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea that a real RE2 remake was coming at all. What do we know about it? Will it be like Resi 4 in terms of gameplay and how the camera is placed?

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
What are the chances RE8 will go back to 3rd person? RE7 was OK but i'm really not a fan of 1st person games and now that the VR experiment has been done i'd like to see the series return to it's former gameplay style.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances RE8 will go back to 3rd person? RE7 was OK but i'm really not a fan of 1st person games and now that the VR experiment has been done i'd like to see the series return to it's former gameplay style.
I hope so. Not a fan of First Person Horror myself. I'd be curious to see a 3rd Person version of RE7 actually.

Oct 27, 2017

I'd really love to see Resident Evil go back to 3rd person also. I thought the gameplay suffered tremendously in 7 because of the shift to 1st person. Evil Within has now replaced Resident Evil as my favorite survival horror series, and I'd love to see nothing more than Resident Evil go back to 3rd person.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I'd really love to see Resident Evil go back to 3rd person also. I thought the gameplay suffered tremendously in 7 because of the shift to 1st person. Evil Within has now replaced Resident Evil as my favorite survival horror series, and I'd love to see nothing more than Resident Evil go back to 3rd person.

I hope so. Not a fan of First Person Horror myself. I'd be curious to see a 3rd Person version of RE7 actually.

I think 7 would've worked just as well as a stand alone game/series, there was nothing in it that made it "Resident Evil" aside for some visual and audible design choices. It's like if Nintendo made a new 3rd person action adventure game starring chucky the squirrel and called it Zelda, like what does any of this have to do with an already established franchise where all previous games in the series have continued the underlying story/universe? Very strange but I'm guessing they just used the RE name to create hype/sales.

Gameplay wise yea TEW is the RE replacement atm.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I had no idea that a real RE2 remake was coming at all. What do we know about it? Will it be like Resi 4 in terms of gameplay and how the camera is placed?

Resident-Evil-2-remake-1.jpg

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
RE7 is a proper RE game.

Close to zero.

Also which former gameplay style? The former or the former former?

If you want 3rd person, RE2make and "Revelations 3" or whatever they will call it are for you.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Latest New Year's interview with many developers in Famitsu. 4Gamer does it too but they didn't interviewed Koba-P last year.

He teased a title that he will announce for the world and a title he has in planning. These titles will decide his career.

After Yukimura-Den Koba-P can't afford to kink around with B games again.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
RE7 is a proper RE game.

Close to zero.

Also which former gameplay style? The former or the former former?

If you want 3rd person, RE2make and "Revelations 3" or whatever they will call it are for you.

I know it's a proper Resident Evil game but what in the game makes it Resident Evil? There was no real story or connection to the characters from the previous games (not that I can remember anyways) so I just see it as riding the coat tails of a popular franchise.

Regarding gameplay I would say the tank style controls of the old games are pretty much out....they were made in an era of digital only controls so there was not much depth in the movements making RE4, 5 & 6 style the way forward.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a proper Resident Evil game but what in the game makes it Resident Evil? There was no real story or connection to the characters from the previous games (not that I can remember anyways) so I just see it as riding the coat tails of a popular franchise.

Regarding gameplay I would say the tank style controls of the old games are pretty much out....they were made in an era of digital only controls so there was not much depth in the movements making RE4, 5 & 6 style the way forward.
There's every possibility the "main series" will go back to 3rd person, action-oriented games. There's been no such thing as a "proper RE game" ever since RE4 was a hit (followed by the mega hits that were 5 and 6).

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

The story is mostly stand-alone but it pulls inspiration from the older titles more than anything else and also doesn't feel like a cheap imitation of those old design tropes

SuperSplit

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I know it's a proper Resident Evil game but what in the game makes it Resident Evil? There was no real story or connection to the characters from the previous games.

You trip over a rock at the end and Chris shows up to help, beating the rock to nothing but dust with bloodied fists...it's after the credits...

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Surprisingly enough, George Dandy (Chris's face model) posted this two days ago at his Instagram Stories account:

BQ8c9iU.jpg

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like Tomb Raider and a few other franchises, Resident Evil will always be seen as a PlayStation franchise plain and simple.
That's really not how it works. A better way of wording it is that "Playstation fans will always see X franchise as a Playstation franchise." A large reason why Sony fans see Tomb Raider as a Playstation franchise is because Sony paid for a rather long period of timed console exclusivity back in the 90s. (But this didn't stop the PC audience getting way better versions with more content.) I mean, the more bizarre example would be Final Fantasy, which passionate fans felt "belonged on Playstation" because... reasons. It's all rather eye rolling stuff, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.