• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Re6 is a great game once you learn the ins and outs of the combat system. The game never properly teaches you the combat system though so it's understandable that most people dislike it. It's my favorite out of the action RE games.

That being said, I hop RE2make is nothing like it or any other action RE.

I agree. Wasnt RE2 on mobile for a long time?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
You know, after how much I enjoyed RE7 I would honestly be open to REmake 2 being first-person too :D

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Why can't developers just visit studios because they're cool

Not everything alludes to a game announcement you cabbages

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Yeah at this point I'm not like "oh cool haha there's that silly dummy finger!" I'm like "how about you show the game, it's been years".

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Both take place in the same city and in a compatible timeframe. Three character and three playthroughts. Wouldn't be new in the RE franchise.

Anyway, at the very least I expect a Jill/Nemesis cameo.

Resident Evil's 2 character scenario works because they go through the same areas with a couple unique character areas example the area behind the helicopter in Claire's scenario.

The areas of Raccoon City in 2 are not the same areas you go through in 3. There's a lot more Raccoon City in 3 as well as the factory, Hospital, Lab, Clocktower and combat grounds at the end.

They'd be creating a whole other game literally. There's no crossover beyond the police station.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil's 2 character scenario works because they go through the same areas with a couple unique character areas example the area behind the helicopter in Claire's scenario.

The areas of Raccoon City in 2 are not the same areas you go through in 3. There's a lot more Raccoon City in 3 as well as the factory, Hospital, Lab, Clocktower and combat grounds at the end.

They'd be creating a whole other game literally. There's no crossover beyond the police station.
So you are saying they will remake 3 next.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So you are saying they will remake 3 next.

If this sells well (and it will unless they really botch it). More than likely it'll go RE8 then RE3make.
It'll depend on if they wanna give us spin-offs or just focus on Remakes and Mainline for the time being.
However I want to say that the RE2make team is primarily the RE7 team. So it's probably being treated like
a tentpole title.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was contemplating making a thread. But instead I'll just bump this thread. As always this is only my hunch and is nothing more than a theory.

Currently Capcom is in Washington visiting the Xbox team(s). As you can see above.
Now there's two more pieces that make this interesting. Firstly the RE series producer is the one visiting

Secondly, MS is apparently doing E3 prep

There's only one RE title we know of that should be releasing in the next year. Which is RE2make. So it's possible that the reveal or demo of the game could be related to the Xbox stage this year.

However, could also be related to the new Inside Xbox show. The same Dev1 Twitter seemed to tease an RE7 related interview soon. So this could be related to finally getting the Xbox One X patch on PC.

Interesting stuff to think about regardless.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he would go to another country just because of a resolution update.

Last edited:

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
This has been so drawn out. I'm excited but no longer holding my breath, I'll just get excited again when they show the damn thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm as thirsty as anyone for REmake 2, but this whole thread is basically 29 pages of apophenia, so I'm going to say this is nothing and everything is nothing and never will be anything until I have the game installed on whatever platform it releases on.

Status
Not open for further replies.