• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vala

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that in its consolidated business results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, net sales were 95,308 million yen (up 16.8 % from the previous fiscal year), operating income was 34,596 million yen (up 51.6 % from the previous fiscal year), ordinary income was 34,845 million yen (up 51.8 % from the previous fiscal year), and net income attributable to owners of the parent was 24,923 million yen (up 56.3 % from the previous fiscal year).

During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, Capcom's core Digital Contents business drove results with continued success in promoting digital sales in addition to major new releases such as Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil 3, as well as sales growth for catalog titles such as Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Further, following its mainline business strategy of promoting digital sales, Capcom saw growth in overseas revenue due to realizing both expansion of its regional markets and longer product lives for its titles. Altogether, the above factors resulted in the eighth consecutive year of operating income growth, and the fourth consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels in company history.

Moving forward, for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, Capcom anticipates net sales of 100,000 million yen and operating income of 42,000 million yen, which would result in nine consecutive years of operating income growth and five consecutive years of record high profit at all levels.
Digital Contents

1. a. In this business segment, new series title Monster Hunter Rise (for Nintendo Switch) delivered strong sales of over 4 million units shipped worldwide following its release in March 2021 while Resident Evil 3 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC) also saw favorable growth, reaching 3.9 million units shipped. Meanwhile, high-margin catalog titles demonstrated their long product lives and drove up profits, including the continued growth of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC), which was released in the previous fiscal year, and Resident Evil 2 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC), released prior to the previous fiscal year. Further, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S) also performed well on next-generation platforms.
  2. b. In Mobile Contents, in addition to the launch of Rockman X Dive (for Android, iOS) in Japan, licensing revenue from the alliance title Street Fighter: Duel (for Android, iOS) in China contributed to profits.
  3. c. The resulting net sales were 75,300 million yen (up 25.6% from the previous fiscal year) and operating income was 37,002 million yen (up 53.1% from the previous fiscal year).

www.capcom.co.jp

Profits Hit Record-High for Fourth Consecutive Year Driven by Digital Contents Business in Consolidated Results for the Year Ended March 2021– Eight consecutive years of OP growth; operating income up 51.6%, net income up 56.3% – | Press Release | CA

Capcom Co., Ltd. today announced that in its consolidated business results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, net sales were 95,308 million yen (up 16.8 % from the previous fiscal year), operating income was 34,596 million yen (up 51.6 % from the previous fiscal year), ordinary income was...

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Whew...Dragons Dogma 2, RE4 and Street Fighter 6 all coming in hot and fast to boost it even higher.

RE8 deserves to sell more than 7.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I just hope that one day these profits get transformed into more Mega Man games. I know rumors say they are coming, but I'm dying for more.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
capgods

i have a feeling RE8 is gonna be huge for them, it's a showstopper

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CAPGODS, I'm proud to be living down the street from your headquarters in sunny Osaka, Japan.

just gotta keep improving my Japanese and maybe I'll work for them someday.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Having such great franchises and working with some great teams this is great.

The Monster Hunter Team that was working on World/Iceborn was really cool. I do hope that the Rise team will follow suit with this.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Great to hear. Capcom has been one of my all time favorites since I was a kid. There was a time it looked like they were on the ropes but they just had banger after banger.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The official statement from Capcom was 2022. As far as I remember, the 2023 thing was from Sony's trailer earlier this year which proved to be off and inaccurate with some games (Kena was dated for March, for example). Pragmata strangely wasn't even part of the Capcom leaks.
Although who are we kidding, Pragmata is never coming out. It is the new Deep Down.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Capcom's one of my personal top 5 publishers/devs, so it's great to see them do so well.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yea RE Engine being more than a worthy successor to MTFrame. Phew

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely deserved success, Capcom continue to output superb games and remakes. Can't wait for Dragons Dogma sequel, its still being made right?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Glad to see RE3 almost up to 4 million copies. It has undeservedly gotten too much flack, imo.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Now rerelease Ghost Trick so the world can see it's the best game Capcom has ever published

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Not long ago Capcom was in almost Konami state. Now they are king. Nice.

Konami gaming division (so excluding pachinko, sport resorts, etc..) was for FY2020 153 billion yens in revenues and 43 billions in profit, and for the first 3 quarters of 2021, they have 144b in revenues and 53b in profits Konami is still stronger than Capcom on gaming, even without caring about the occident and AAA space

Oct 27, 2017
Well done Capcom.

They recovery makes me really happy. I grew up playing their games a lot and it was sad to see what happened to them in the PS3 generation. That they recovered and are doing some really amazing games is really satisfying.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Konami gaming division (so excluding pachinko, sport resorts, etc..) was for FY2020 153 billion yens in revenues and 43 billions in profit, and for the first 3 quarters of 2021, they have 144b in revenues and 53b in profits Konami is still stronger than Capcom on gaming, even without caring about the occident and AAA space
Without Pachinko? Where's this coming from?

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

May 13 is their release of their consolidated financial results for FY to ~3/2021 so I'd rather wait for updated numbers

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020

I didn't mean economically, I meant regarding its games quality and quantity output.of course gambling is always going to be more profitable than videogame development.