• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
the point of survival horror is to scare you, so arachnophobes are going to get the most bang for their buck!

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I fucking hate spiders.

We have an outdoor shed at our house that my daughter and I lovingly refer to as "the spider cave."

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Man, I fucking hate spiders.
Same here. I was really hoping they had replaced them with some other enemy type. Now I have to find someone to play through those parts as my phobia goes on overdrive with large spiders.

the point of survival horror is to scare you, so arachnophobes are going to get the most bang for their buck!
Phobia and being normally scared are two very different types of fears.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Welp
63ba00230e578a77bffcbbc5bb91e25c.gif

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom giving in, are they? Fine, enjoy not only having to look at them, but them likely being just as hard to kill as zombies and Lickers were in REmake 2 as well.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
The thought of spiders genuinely puts me off playing this game...

Hopefully it's just a small section but I'll be waiting for further info.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
"Things you might've forgotten about RE3"

"Let us start with arguably most iconic scene debuting one of the most famous horror game antagonists, that nobody who payed their game in their right mind will ever forget. "

Can we please make some laws against clickbait already? Like I kinda just want it to be regulated at this point, just so this plague is curtailed a little.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The spiders in RE2 back in the day really messed me up, I almost couldn't get past that part because they made my skin crawl.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy not only having to look at them, but likely being just as hard to kill as zombies and Lickers were in REmake 2 as well.

not being able to kill zombies by shooting them point blank in the face was my only real problem with REmake 2. I hope they fixed that for this next game. don't rob me the vintage satisfaction of blowing up zombie heads, instead throw more of them at me or something. bullet sponge zombies are more tedious and immersion-breaking than scary.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Great, after complaints about lack of spiders in RE2 they have no other choice. ;p

Oh wait, now everyone hates spiders? hahah

Dec 6, 2017
US
Now confirm that there will be actual music, please.

They best be offering Classic OT like in REmake 2 again, that game was completely robbed of its atmosphere without it.

not being able to kill zombies by shooting them point blank in the face was my only real problem with REmake 2. I hope they fixed that for this next game. don't rob me the vintage satisfaction of blowing up zombie heads, instead throw more of them at me or something. bullet sponge zombies are more tedious and immersion-breaking than scary.

I hope they simply balance it out by giving us more shotgun ammo and a larger amount of zombies to rip to pieces. The shotgun head blasts were the craziest shit ever in REmake 2

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that one area with the big spider has a ton of webs and spiders down an entire hall you go down.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Capcom, no buy.

Kidding, shaping up to be even better than RE2! Man I cannot wait.

Oct 25, 2017
The idea is to discourage you from outright killing them.
You aren't supposed to kill them. Shoot to stun and run past, kill only the ones in high traffic areas.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
not being able to kill zombies by shooting them point blank in the face was my only real problem with REmake 2. I hope they fixed that for this next game. don't rob me the vintage satisfaction of blowing up zombie heads, throw more of them at me or something. bullet sponge zombies are more tedious and immersion-breaking than scary.
Shooting them in the face with a magnum was still a guaranteed kill, but the shotgun was unreliable even fully upgraded to increase its range. As much as I loved REmake 2, I suspected that playing as Leon would be more of a pain with Claire's scenario being more enjoyable in a complete reversal over what the deal was with the original RE2, and I was right.

Damage on using the same weapons on the same enemies going down when you played well can go kick rocks, too (didn't care all that much about taking more damage myself, but doing less was just plain bullshit).
The idea is to discourage you from outright killing them.
You aren't supposed to kill them. Shoot to stun and run past, kill only the ones in high traffic areas.
Plenty of ammo to kill as many of them as you want. Though I agree with only shooting to stun and then running past in places like the first one in the gas station prologue, and of course not wasting a single shot on the way into the RPD and then back to the lobby in the 1st scenario, I got away with making avoiding them a secondary priority instead more often than not (the way I play makes it far more convenient to get rid of most of them and be selective about which ones I don't bother with killing).

Lickers, though... yeah, screw it, I make a point of just avoiding most of those things.

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Good job. Now give us a special mode with procedurally generated challenges.

•Randomly selected starting point(all locations of the game)
•Ammo placement, and weapons
•Enemy types, and their locations
•You can earn points to buy artwork, tracks, outfits, and weapons.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
oh yeah baby, spiders

next to rats, my favorite 'pest' enemies

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Good job. Now give us a special mode with procedurally generated challenges.

•Randomly selected starting point(all locations of the game)
•Ammo placement, and weapons
•Enemy types, and their locations
•You can earn points to buy artwork, tracks, outfits, and weapons.

*Spider spawns and immediately mauls you in the sidestreet within the first 5 seconds of the game*

Lol yeah I want this now

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No joke I remember playing Dark Souls 2 SOTF many years ago when I got to the part where you start encountering spiders and have to maneuver around webs. At the same moment I got a chill through my body and when I looked down at my leg, a spider was crawling on me. Talk about fucking coincidence hahaha

Can't wait to fuck up some spiders in this game.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
*Spider spawns and immediately mauls you in the sidestreet within the first 5 seconds of the game*

Lol yeah I want this now
😂 I still get nervous when I see the spiders in Zero/remake. Can't wait to see how crazy they look this time around. Would be pretty cool, if they can move around via vents. 😦

Status
Not open for further replies.