• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
Your love for Lady Dimitrescu is loud and clear. 👒
Here's a message from our RE Village art director, Tomonori Takano:

Hi everyone, I'm Tomonori Takano, Art Director on Resident Evil Village. I wanted to use this opportunity to publicly reflect on the outpour of positivity we've received from the fans on our latest announcement. As a representative of the development team, thank you to all the fans who continue to follow us.

Most recently, Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters have received a fair amount of attention, far more than we anticipated. It's great that they're able to take the spotlight as icons of Resident Evil Village. Lady Dimitrescu, especially, has received much fanfare both domestically and overseas, which has made all of us in the development team extremely happy. I hear her height is something of interest. If you include her hat and high heels, she's 2.9m (approximately 9'6") tall.

These bewitching, vampiric characters are relentless in their pursuit of Ethan, and I can't wait for you to meet them yourselves when you enter Castle Dimitrescu in May.

aJHdVgb.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
RE5?

I would be happy too but the extreme fetishizing of the character is seriously creepy and off putting.

A really big shame. The character design is really cool but the amount of sexist memes around her is making me sick of seeing her.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Of course they would be happy, so many people are now aware of their game

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
"Because of the brouhaha over Lady Dimitrescu's height, there are loads of rude drawings and whatnot being uploaded [online]. And since going around and collecting them is a pain, I'd like it if I could get them sent in a zip file every week." -Capcom

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
She will be in SF6, we need an Abigail in the next SF game..
Street Fighter doesn't really do guest characters like that. Anyone outside of the greater Street Fighter universe tends to just get costumes for other characters (in RE's case, Cammy, Kolin, & Urien got Jill, Ada, & Wesker costumes respectively). Lady Dimitrescu's best chance at getting in a fighting game is the next Versus game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter doesn't really do guest characters like that. Anyone outside of the greater Street Fighter universe tends to just get costumes for other characters (in RE's case, Cammy, Kolin, & Urien got Jill, Ada, & Wesker costumes respectively). Lady Dimitrescu's best chance at getting in a fighting game is the next Versus game.

Abigail dressed up as Lady Dimitrescu, I wanna see it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom released a press release to confirm her height for fetish purposes. Fucking lol