• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MHR has shown that you don't need pretty graphics to sell, so I can see MH6 potentially hitting all platforms (Switch, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX/S & PC). No more thinly veiled console warring through "sale comparison".

(Yes, we see you luvs)

gmX0hoQ.gif
i don't. the game is designed differently because it is intended to be played portably. they shouldn't gimp world 2 by designing it for a portable and they shouldn't gimp rise 2 by designing it for a home console. these philosophies are fundamentally different. rise won

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
You expected a niche game on its first iteration on the lowest selling console with a "free" version on gamepass to outsell the other platforms? With expectations this warped you surely must work for capcom
Well technically it was the second. :P

But no, I don't expect MH Xbox to sell 8m. At the same time only doing less than 2m is a pretty far fall from the others. I mean even on 3DS in western markets they were selling that much.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Well technically it was the second. :P

But no, I don't expect MH Xbox to sell 8m. At the same time only doing less than 2m is a pretty far fall from the others. I mean even on 3DS in western markets they were selling that much.

MHW is on gamepass for Xbox. Its not an 1/1 comparison with other platforms. Whatever Capcom got from their GP deal plus the 1M+ sales probably made them happy enough. Ace Attorney was a bomb (sadly) but MHW wasnt. And what do you mean with "even the 3DS"? Its not like its a failed console and MH main public was on portables before MHW was a thing

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think any Street Fighter support will really come down to whether or not Sony wants to be involved.
The main reason Sony got involved last time was because Ono blew most of SFV's budget on a failed prototype. While SFVI did seem to have development troubles (hence Ono's departure), Dusk's account seemed to indicate that the game's doing better now.