BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
It's interesting that Resident Evil's combined sales dwarf everything, but the newest MH titles are the highest selling Capcom titles to date.
I guess none of the MH games pre-Generations Ultimate sold over 1MM? Or maybe they just don't report 3DS data?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
DMC5 still doing awesome is so great.

Also lol @ them having to split RE5 and RE6 up by platform to reduce their perceived numbers. They couldn't handle the gangbusters sales of Action RE and had to nerf them.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
It's interesting that Resident Evil's combined sales dwarf everything, but the newest MH titles are the highest selling Capcom titles to date.
I guess none of the MH games pre-Generations Ultimate sold over 1MM? Or maybe they just don't report 3DS data?
The games in the OP are only the ones that sold at least 100k copies during that quarter. If you click on the link in the OP you'll see the sales numbers for older MH games.

Freedom 3 sold 4.9 million, MH4U sold 4.2 million, etc

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
RE sales with all versions combined:

View: https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1757303822949699804?t=jYaKf61Z4PEMRf9_BEr4kg&s=19

knowing RE:2's (and quite possibly 7's) pacing, they're going to outsell Resident Evil 5 eventually.

RE:4 and Village have the potential to do it as well, but i believe it's a bit early to tell.

I didn't know Code Veronica had sold "only" 2.5m copies. Judging from this list we might see the dreadful RE:0 remade before CV.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
400k for AA 1-3, so that means TGAA sold 600k in the same period? Curious to see what the Apollo Justice numbers will be. Fantastic resurgence for the franchise.
Nah, if that were the case TGAAC would have been placed in the Platinum Titles area as a million seller. The overall Game Series Sales doesn't update on hundreds of thousands anymore, once a series reaches ten million in sales, it doesn't update until it sells another million, and we hit ten million last year. It seems like the original trilogy has just sold a ton over this period, probably resulting from interest in the AJ Trilogy.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018

Also lol @ them having to split RE5 and RE6 up by platform to reduce their perceived numbers. They couldn't handle the gangbusters sales of Action RE and had to nerf them.
I think you're joking but just in case you aren't, it's done that way because all SKUs are separated for clarity.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I love Capcom, they deserve the success they are having.
Hopes are high for Dragons Dogma 2, too.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like RE:3 isn't going to outsell Village. What a damn shame.

People who think Capcom won't remake RE5 just need to see these sales. The game still is the best selling RE for almost 15 years.

I bet it's already at over 15 million with the Switch sales that haven't been added in yet.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
RE sales with all versions combined:

View: https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1757303822949699804?t=jYaKf61Z4PEMRf9_BEr4kg&s=19

knowing RE:2's (and quite possibly 7's) pacing, they're going to outsell Resident Evil 5 eventually.

RE:4 and Village have the potential to do it as well, but i believe it's a bit early to tell.

Well yeah, eventually that is mostly likely true. But we're referencing right now since based on several posts it's clear people aren't actually aware of the actual numbers

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing what the bad part here is. 3 felt rushed, 8 felt more like a well done sequel AND is playable in VR. The better, fully featured game came out on top... in my opinion at least.
And dont worry, if this is one of those "FPS Vs TPS" things, then 2 and 4 will still far outsell Village so Im sure Capcom's considering making 9 TPS/action based anyway ;)

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Up until RE7 Capcom separately all of their releases by SKUs. That's why you have three different RE5 listings and like a dozen SF2 ones or whatever. With RE7 they stopped doing this and the sales of all SKUs are combined into one. But for whatever bizarre reason they didn't go back and combine that with their older titles. It's weird

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing what the bad part here is. 3 felt rushed, 8 felt more like a well done sequel AND is playable in VR. The better, fully featured game came out on top... in my opinion at least.
And dont worry, if this is one of those "FPS Vs TPS" things, then 2 and 4 will still far outsell Village so Im sure Capcom's considering making 9 TPS/action based anyway ;)
I just hate Village and 7 so I want as many RE titles surpassing them lol.

Plus I enjoyed RE:3 far more than both.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

9 is almost certainly going to be TP. It may have a toogle option for FP and TP, but the last update to Village seemed to make it pretty clear they have moved on from FP only

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Yep, Ace Attorney is fucking here to stay. Wish GAA Chronicles sold as good as the 1-3 trilogy, but we'll still take it.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

If it maintains that 500k a quarter pace for the next 2, the game should be at 4 million units for its first 12 months.

Yep. Ed + Akuma + next season characters and content will likely get it 4 million by year's end.

Sf6 sales quite low though no?

Nah.

For instance, it took SFV 3 years just to reach 3 million. 6 did it in just 7 months. It has good legs.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
9 is almost certainly going to be TP. It may have a toogle option for FP and TP, but the last update to Village seemed to make it pretty clear they have moved on from FP only

For sure. Save FP mode just for giving me a VR mode down the line lol. Im not really bothered which view they go with though, I love pretty much all of Capcom's RE output lately (the exceptions being the weird MP stuff they put out last gen)

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see other companies being this transparent with their sales data. Can you imagine if Sega, Square and Konami did it?

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Keep in mind those are only DC and PS2. GameCube, PS3 and 360/Xbox BC numbers aren't publicised anywhere.
That's a good point. I know I did my part, I've bought the game for 3 different platforms. :P

That's good if you ask me. RE:3 is the worst remake and it could have been SO much better, it definitely felt rushed.

RE Village is not without its flaws, but it's a better game IMO.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Something a lot of people miss with Capcoms PS1/2 Era games is that they separated all versions by SKUs. Even the "Platinum hits" version.
Thats why you see a lot of old games just having 1m sales despite seeming like a massive hit.

I didn't know Code Veronica had sold "only" 2.5m copies. Judging from this list we might see the dreadful RE:0 remade before CV.

A lot of Capcoms older games were split by SKUs to show more "Million" sellers.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom looking at those DMC5 numbers be like
rookie-numbers.gif

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go ace attorney! Give me a new game, new cast, etc, and I hope AJ trilogy is doing well.

Do they need me to buy more versions on different consoles??? I will! I already own all games at least twice (4 copies of 1-3 each, 2 copies of 4-6 each, 2 copies of GAA, 2 copies of AAI1… the only game I don't own is AAI2, and only 1 copy of PLvsPW since it only exists on 3DS lol), so I'LL DO IT.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
So.... Capcom has to greenlight a new Devil May Cry, MVC, & Battle Network if these sales are anything to go by. LOL......

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okami nearly at 2.5m now, I remember all those Guinness World Record Books saying it was the lowest selling Game of the Year title, well who's laughing now?!

Chippewa Barr