• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
More info from Dusk
  • Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
    Oct 25, 2017
    This stuff isn't really new honestly, I've kind of have been talking about it for almost a year now. Though one thing I realized within the last year... This is going to take a bit of explaining, but there was a point in time I thought Village and Revelations 3 were the same, but that wasn't the case. Some may recall when Village was near announcing, I said it was to star three characters, and I had heard Chris, Ethan, Rebecca, but Rebecca was getting the boot for another new female character in Village.

So where my confusion came from is originally I had heard about Revelations 3 in 2017, heard it was being developed with Switch in mind, and it'd be starring Rebecca. I did not hear about the game again until 2018, I first heard the game was going to release in 2021/2022 for everything & be a cross-gen title, and later someone told me details about "Revelations 3", which was it had Chris and Ethan from RE7 as well as a third character, it would take place in some snowy European mountains, and was "very RE4 like".

So in retrospective, this was Village. I also found out closer to Village's announcement that Village was a side game that went back to being RE8 like, a year ago or so? Anyways, at the time with the pieces I heard, I though Rev 3 & Village were the same thing, and I did think that for a time.

However, I had another person who swore up & down to me that Village was NEVER Revelations 3 and I was wrong in reporting that. And within the last few months especially, I now know that is true and I realized due to one person telling me about Village as Rev 3, I had a lot of wires crossed between the two. Sometimes that happens, Village was not always RE8, there was another game that was RE8 in 2018 especially, but Village was an undecided side game just called Village, Rev 3 was something else entirely.

More confusingly both of them starred three characters, were in dev around the same time, were both aiming for a release close to each other. I actually do get how some who told me might've had some wired crossed at the time. There's certain other things I said about Village that were actually for Rev 3 some months ago, but I won't say any more than that.

The only other thing I'm going to throw out there so it's clear later I'm not bullshitting is Rebecca is no longer white, she always had faces based off of Japanese models, but for Outrage she'll be Asian rather than white.

Anyways, I'm not going to talk anymore about it. Now is Village time, I am excited for Outrage, but Village deserves the attention for the moment. Right now the public doesn't know very much about Outrage, and I think it's better that way.