"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe its just me, but the current english VA Chris Guerrero just sounds like he needs a few dozen lozenges...he doesn't really sound intimidating enough. Richard Epcar's version in SFV was okay but him voicing Raiden for so long, its hard NOT to hear him in that way, and the previous VA that voiced most of his games from Marvel vs Capcom 3 to SFIV Dave Mallow, sounds similar to the current VA. Keith Burgess' Akuma in the Alpha movies actually sounds like he's demonic without the need of vocal filters, while also having some of Akuma's best spoken dialogue..."Where I walk, I walk alone. Where I fight, I fight alone..."

Here's a clip from SF Alpha the movie where Keith Burgess' Akuma speaks

View: https://youtu.be/jklxt4BbN_U?si=-mTebCXX8ukboE8A&t=13
"The TRUE warrior, enters the arena...with ALL his power, at the ready....."

Here's more from..ahem....Street Fighter Generations (wack movie but just using the voice as a reference here, nothing more)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUwKBukv8U
At 1:30 when Goutetsu gets ready for the killing blow and Akuma screams "I will NOT DIE!!" while taking his Satsui no Hado fighting stance followed by an animalistic cry of rage actually gave me slight goosebumps when I first seen it. **Side note for those who haven't seen it, the beginning and the end fight is literally the only best parts of the movie, otherwise don't bother. Word of warning**

What do you guys think?

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Burgess wasn't really a voice actor, he was a producer for anime publisher Manga Entertainment. He generally just acted in the titles he produced.

Techno