Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
3nw8wmgkrap51.jpg

Beastmen concept art

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of Resident Evil 7 was playing as Mia because *gasp* she is a character that actually HAS character to her.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished RE7 again recently and I quite like how they handled Ethan, with a subdued attitude vs action hero, melodrama that some of the other characters bring. Like both Chris and Ethan (not that we'll be seeing him) redesign as well from these images. Happy Chris seems to have grown a more interesting set of motivations this time as well.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that people try to justify Ethan by saying he's supposed to be an everyman.

You can make an everyman protagonist while giving them a personality as well, you know.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill is a thing people(despite what Konami wants).

Him not being an action hero isn't what people dislike.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My head canon is Chris was infected with the W-Virus(Wesker Virus) at the end of RE5 and is slowly becoming Wesker as time goes on. Personality change in RE6, having subconsciously using The Albert in RE7 and working for Neo-Umbrella, and now it taking full form in RE8.

Yep, nothing wrong with my crazy theory.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am not exactly sure why are you calling Ethan bland (design wise). What exactly is he supposed to wear?
Ethan is a normal guy, not super duper secret agent like Leon or boulder punching world saving hero like Chris.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Ethan Wesker does have a nice ring to it. We are playing the origin story of the next big RE villain.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Ethan survived a whole ass mansion of psychos. Gets into chainsaw fights, respect that man. He's supposed to be a normal dude who got caught up in it, but he also has some solid one liners throughout the game.

Lol he wasn't supposed to be an action badass; not every character in RE is gonna be punching boulders.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
It was just a quick overview and details of RE8, MHR, and Stories 2.

Each game and DMC5SE will have their presentation/talk thing tomorrow and Sunday. This is where you'll hear more info as well as gameplay demos.

Finished watching the video.

I think the storybook is a gameplay element similar to the video tapes from 7

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
They should have just made every RE game post 6 have nothing to do with each other and be their own separate intimate stories. Use the old cast in remakes and the Revelation series.