• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/9697:JP

Capcom and its investors seem to be very happy with how MHW turned out, and who wouldn't be after it became the best selling MH with its first shipment.

Capcom making a comeback after a wobbly start to this generation. SFV seems to have been salvaged, RE7 had excellent reception, MH is bigger than ever and can be monetised a lot more effectively, DMC5 looking to be a standout from its series according to the rumours and I have a feeling RE2 R will be a lot bigger than RE R.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Monster Hunter is a fantastic game that deserves the success. Capcom made a gamble and now it's paying off for them.

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Well deserved Capcom. Good to see capcom back. Now gimme that DMC5 for my PS4.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That console focus. Love it.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So tempted to double dip on this game....sooooo tempted. Question before I do. Does the game hold a solid 30FPS in the final version on a normal PS4?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
I am so glad that capcom is on a patch of recovery after a shitty few years. Hopefully they keep this up and continue to release great games, fix older ones (such as mvc infinite) and not be tempted to recent shoddy business models. Well done and well deserved capcom!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
MHW, DMC5 and Mega Man 11. Capcom will have a good year (though DMC5 is next year right?)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. With DMC V, REmake 2 and a potentially good Mega Man XI its def. a good time for Capcom.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
After all the missteps it seems like they are finally coming back?

Hope they can improve on mobile front too.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
It's well deserved. They effing nailed it with this game. Before Monster Hunter was something that could be fun in you sunk in time, and ignored the rough edges. This one is both accessible, while still impressive and deep.

Except for the UI maybe, but that's water under the bridge.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom deserve some success like this finally after releasing some amazing games lately and getting back on track.

Good for them.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely enjoy the hell out of MHW. Time flies when playing and I just keep saying "one more mission", then that turns into doing 15+ "one more missions".

Also this.

it definitely hits that 1 more turn itch once back in town. I hope that continues once I've seen all the monsters.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news it's doing so well, it's one of my childhood favorites (the mh franchise) so it doing so well warms my heart.

Game plays like a dream btw it's everything i wanted from MH.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
one of the most criticized and questioned decisions of Capcom turns out to be their biggest success Story in this Gen.

im happy for them ! As a Japanese gamingfan this Generation had so many great and positve surprises !

Vankash

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I definitely enjoy the hell out of MHW. Time flies when playing and I just keep saying "one more mission", then that turns into doing 15+ "one more missions".

I wasted the whole saturday hunting Anjanath only to craft the complete set.
Those Fangs nearly have let me relieved the pain of a Rathian Plate x)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Who would've thought launching a good and popular video game would increase investor confidence in your revenues. Gj Capcom.

StriderHiryu

Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time in a long time that Capcom has appeared competent. Three good games in a row now, all with live service components and a strong future ahead of them.

It would be excellent to see them regain past glories as during the 90's and early 2000's there were few developers that were as good at creating new IP's and genres as Capcom. Street Fighter, Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney could be considered genres or sub-genres that they created by themselves.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I wasted the whole saturday hunting Anjanath only to craft the complete set.
Those Fangs nearly have let me relieved the pain of a Rathian Plate x)

I feel the sentiment. My Saturday was all MHW as well. The upgrade trees so far is appealing. I was farming for certain full armor sets and crafted like 8 different bows lol.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
After years of bad business decision, Capcom's back!
Monster Hunter is a monster IP indeed.