• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Tensions are running high between guards and inmates at a D.C. jail housing many of the defendants in Jan. 6 cases, with at least one of those prisoners alleging that he was brutally beaten by correctional officers.
In an unusual direct plea to the judge, Sandlin said another Capitol riot defendant, Ryan Samsel, "was severely beaten by correctional officers, [is now] blind in one eye, has a skull fracture and detached retina."

Sandlin also described racial tension between minority guards and the largely white defendants, some of whom have been publicly accused of membership in or association with white supremacist groups.

Sandlin said guards tackled "to the ground" one high-profile prisoner, Richard Barnett, 60, who was photographed with his boot up on a desk in Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. Sandlin said one of the guards declared, "I hate all white people and your honky religion."
One veteran D.C. defense attorney said many Capitol rioters were new to the District's jail system and might believe they're being specifically targeted when they're simply unfamiliar with being in jail at all — particularly in the harsh conditions of 23-hour-a-day isolation.
www.politico.com

Capitol riot defendant alleges beating by jail guards

A man accused in the Jan. 6 unrest was left partially blind and moved to another facility, lawyers say.

A man accused of assaulting a police officer at the Capitol on Jan. 6 alleges that two guards at the D.C. jail beat him last month, breaking his nose, dislocating his jaw and leaving him suffering seizures.

An attorney for Ryan Samsel, 38, detailed the allegations in an interview Tuesday, saying he has been told the incident is under investigation by the jail and federal authorities.
According to Metcalf, the incident, as related to him by his client, began the afternoon of March 20 when Samsel complained that the guards had taken hours to get him toilet paper. An argument ensued. That evening, according to Metcalf, Samsel was moved to another cell. Around midnight, the lawyer said, two guards came to that cell, restrained Samsel's arms behind his back with zip-tie handcuffs and "beat him to a bloody pulp."
Samsel has been in detention since his arrest in late March. The Bucks County, Pa., resident is accused of using a barricade to push an officer outside the Capitol to the ground, knocking her unconscious.

According to prosecutors, Samsel then helped the officer back up and said, "We don't have to hurt you. Why are you standing in our way?" She later collapsed while arresting another rioter and went to an emergency room, where she was told she suffered a concussion.

Later, according to court records, Samsel attempted to take a riot shield from an officer.
Other inmates have complained through attorneys about conditions in the D.C. Central Detention Facility, but no others have alleged assaults by the guards.

......Are they using this as the new excuse to not be in jail?

Last edited:

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
In my experience, the people working in Corrections are arch conservative. Like, diehard conservatives.

They aren't beating you for your political beliefs, my dude. They're beating you because they do that to prisoners who make their job difficult. You'd probably know that if prison reform wasn't a "liberal" concept that you decry constantly.

Oct 25, 2017
Sandlin said one of the guards declared, "I hate all white people and your honky religion."

R7TX3JO5IVEOZDKTNHIVKOD524.jpg

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
"I hate all white people and your honky religion."

No one said that shit.

But maybe they are getting their asses kicked by prison guards; that's not too much of a stretch given the connection to law enforcement. But that's a case for moving them to a different facility, not to let them out.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Definitely some "Blacks Rules" energy coming from that Honky Religion comment. Ive never known any person of color to speak like that, but thats how white people think PoC speak.

You know in her mind Christianity is a "white" religion, like somehow most black people in America aren't protestant and most Hispanic people in America aren't Catholic.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Listen, if they didn't want to be thrown in prison and beaten, they shouldn't have been Treasonist Nazi's. It's that simple. This really is their own fault.

They spent all that time "Owning the libs" they didn't realize rise that if they just didn't fight our agenda in police and prison reform they wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sandlin later added that the guard mentioned something about "being glad to cancel all Christian culture", "Jesus is lame", and "This is for Hillary Rodham Clinton" right before another knee to the gut.

May 21, 2018
Were they expecting some of the usual white privilege? You're in jail folks. Specifically, non-wealthy jail. Get used to it.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Give me that honky religion
It's good enough for me

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Smashing your own face in to own the libs.

Getting assaulted by prison guards is perfectly plausible, but of course even when it happens to them, conservatives just refuse to believe it's institutional violence. Oh no, it must be because the evil atheist/muslim/jew triumvirate gave those guards orders to target them!

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Sandlin later added that the guard mentioned something about "being glad to cancel all Christian culture", "Jesus is lame", and "This is for Hillary Rodham Clinton" right before another knee to the gut.

Don't forget when he said, "No one can stop us from breeding whites out of existence and destroying western society", as violent assailant are wont to do.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Lol they write black dialogue as authentically as Ben Shapiro's novels.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After all was said and done, the guard whispered into my ear "Hail Antifa". It was then I knew that liberty had been cancelled.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"I hate all white people and your honky religion."

No one said that shit.

But maybe they are getting their asses kicked by prison guards; that's not too much of a stretch given the connection to law enforcement. But that's a case for moving them to a different facility, not to let them out.
Like me getting beaten by the police why they shout "I hate the Pan-African diaspora !!

Grug

Oct 26, 2017

The guard was later heard talking on the phone arranging payment from a Mr Soros before concluding the call with "Heil Barack HUSSEIN Obama".

Mar 7, 2020
USA
It's like he never talked to or interact with a black person before, and can only imagine their speech with racist caricatures.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"This is for refusing to acknowledge the inevitability of the Marxist dialectic, you bourgeois gadfly!" The guard's truncheon crunched down on my leg with a sickening thud.

My RIGHT leg.