Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo 3DS
Release Date: July 13, 2018
Genre: Puzzle Platformer
Multiplayer: Yes (on Nintendo Switch)
Pro Controller Compatible: Yes
amiibo: Yes
Demo: Yes
eShop Download Size: 1.4GB (Nintendo Switch) / 3422 Blocks (Nintendo 3DS)
Official Site: North America | Japan | Europe

About.png

Captain Toad, the leader of the famous Toad Brigade, and Toadette take turns playing rescuer and rescue as they venture forth through pitfall-laden courses in pursuit of the Power Star. Wingo and a legion of pesky foes stand in their way.

Turn it, twist it, lift it, shift it
You can find treasure in the unlikeliest places! There are 70+ courses in the game, and each has its own special features. Manipulate the tiny stages using the Joy-Con™ controllers to explore every nook and cranny in the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

A surprise around every turn
Each world is a maze full of tricks and traps to solve on the way to treasure—especially the coveted Power Star at the end of every stage. Keep reaching for the stars to move the adventure from challenge to challenge!

Whack, waddle, pluck
Captain Toad can't jump, but you can use the Joy-Con controllers to help him pluck (and chuck) turnips, run from enemies, and explore each world from different angles.

Media.png

Reception.png

Metacritic: 82
Review Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-reviews-switch-3ds.54671/

BonusFeatures.png

• New levels based off Super Mario Odyssey!
  • amiibo functionality:
    • Super Mario Odyssey series: unlocks the new levels immediately (can be unlocked through regular gameplay as well.
    • Toad: invincibility
    • Any other amiibo: extra life
  • Multiplayer for Nintendo Switch: Player 1 controls Captain Toad or Toadette, while Player 2 points their Joy-Con controller to stop enemies, move objects, and help throw turnips.
  • Stereoscopic 3D for Nintendo 3DS
FAQ.png

[Coming Soon]

Join the NintendoEra Discord here:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I keep reading Captain Toad as Captain Choad and Chaplain Chad. Which would be pretty good Nintendo games, you hear me, Nintendo?

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This game was a hidden gem on the Wii U. It's awesome that so many new players will get to experience this fun, charming, and challenging little game!

I played this to 100% on the Wii U, so I won't be getting it at launch on Switch, but I'll definitely be grabbing it somewhere down the line (a good eShop sale price).

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This game was a hidden gem on the Wii U. It's awesome that so many new players will get to experience this fun, charming, and challenging little game!

I played this to 100% on the Wii U, so I won't be getting it at launch on Switch, but I'll definitely be grabbing it somewhere down the line (a good eShop sale price).

How many hours did you put in?
And how much more new content does the switch version have?

I really liked the demo.

I own a switch, I'm trying to find out if the extra 20 bucks is worth it.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this on Wii U and never even played it.

Time to buy the Switch version and hopefully run through it. If it's 15 hours I'll be more than happy.

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Cool OT! Game has its flaws, but it's fun and enjoyable! Well priced, too.

I really liked the demo.

Switch version includes 4 new stages based on Mario Odyssey, but those 4 stages replace 4 of the bonus stages from the Wii U version, so the amount of content is pretty much the same.

Co-op play is also included on Switch, which is nice. I've heard there is a new camera option, too, which should make things a little more comfortable.

The Wii U version's amiibo content, which added hide-and-seek missions into each level, is also included without requiring amiibo.

So all-in-all...there's not much different/new here! Solid title whether you play it on Wii U or on Switch, though.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This beautiful OT is brought to you by Muzy, who forgot to credit himself.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Always been intrigued by its concept, gfx look stunning, my only worry is that the puzzles will be too easy.

Are there some really good head scratchers ?

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
preorderd and preloaded from the eshop cant wait till friday between this and octopath traveler gonna be a super fun next couple of weeks

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, no Capitan Todd reference? Im sad now.

But for real, beautiful OP for a amazing game

Oct 25, 2017

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA

I really liked the demo.

I honestly don't remember how long I put into it... Maybe 8-10 hours? There might be other posters who have a more fresh memory of the game.

As far as I understand, the new content on Switch are Mario Odyssey levels that replace the Mario 3D World ones. Again, I defer to others for clarification on the quantity.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't remember how long I put into it... Maybe 8-10 hours? There might be other posters who have a more fresh memory of the game.

As far as I understand, the new content on Switch are Mario Odyssey levels that replace the Mario 3D World ones. Again, I defer to others for clarification on the quantity.

Why replace instead of just adding the world's?

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Can't justify a second purchase of this but I would definitely recommend the game to puzzle fans. Some of the levels can be quite challenging on the back end of the game, but overall it is a fairly chilled out and cute little game that I'm sure kids and adults can both enjoy.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I keep asking this but can't seem to find an answer - can I turn off the gyro camera? I found it incredibly frustrating in the demo and it turned me off the game.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
What's the deal with Toadette in this game? There's no co-op mode where you both get a character right?

Jayveer

Oct 25, 2017
I was always interested in this game since it was released for Wii U as I really like puzzle games. I'm actually really excited to finally get to play it.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted, I have the Wii U version but never finished it....the smarter decision would be to just play through that copy. But....

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I 100%d the WiiU version. That means there is no point in me getting this right? RIGHT!?!?!

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Wow I completely forgot this game was coming out. And the same day as octopath traveler... damn.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I see its unlocked.... now back to Octopath.... after work ><