• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
What a clown Mencia was and still is. This isn't even one of the interviews he recently did. He also appeared in clown shoes Jesse Lee Peterson's garbage of a talk show almost 2 years ago. I'm not gonna link it but man...he 100% did this to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think this might be the most majority consensus topic i've ever seen on Era lol

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Out of all the legitimate reasons to rip into him, I never got why "he uses a stage name" was the one that caught on.
I think it was rumoured he was never the cultural identity he claimed which made the "beaners" and "wetbacks " in his routine a bit no alot yikes.
But that was just what I heard don't have a source

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the fact that Joe can't precisely point to which joke it was discredit Joe.

Joe initiated the accusation of joke staling

okay...

which joke was it?

fuck Joe

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That radio show clip is a goddam murder lol.

the fact that Joe can't precisely point to which joke it was discredit Joe.

Joe initiated the accusation of joke staling

okay...

which joke was it?

fuck Joe

I understand why people might not like Joe but uh... What? It was never a singular "which" joke; it was a vast majority of his jokes that were lifted from various will known comedians.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
He recently appeared on an episode of RLM, sorry.

So you can only be a true progressive if you never ever in your life speak with anyone who is not also a true Progressive?

I guess Bernie Sanders is not a progressive at all since he once went on Fox News.

Purity tests like this are going to leave you without anyone with which you feel comfortable associating with and you should probably reevaluate what your standards are

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So you can only be a true progressive if you never ever in your life speak with anyone who is not also a true Progressive?

I guess Bernie Sanders is not a progressive at all since he once went on Fox News.

Purity tests like this are going to leave you without anyone with which you feel comfortable associating with and you should probably reevaluate what your standards are
If it means anything, my post was a satire of this purity-test thing. Patton's a great guy, but by the standards some have, would not pass a purity sniff test due to the recent RLM association.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Honestly thought this was longer than a decade ago, I remember hearing claims of him being a joke stealer as far back as I've known about the guy's existence

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
How in the world did Amy Schumer survive after all the accusations levied against her for the same thing?

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Patton
patton-oswalt-grief-holiday-loneliness-wife-death.jpg
Patton oswald is a treasure. He plays tvs son of tvs frank so well.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
If it means anything, my post was a satire of this purity-test thing. Patton's a great guy, but by the standards some have, would not pass a purity sniff test due to the recent RLM association.

Oh. My apologies lol, sometimes it can be hard to infer sarcasm on a board this size where you don't really know anyone well enough to tell when they're joking :)

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, it's George Lopez.
As a hispanic person, i found george lopez's stand up to be hilarious, it felt authentic. I always felt carlos mencia was straight up insulting.

Lopez felt like being hispanic meant you were in on the joke, mencia felt like being hispanic was the joke.

hated george lopez tv show tho. Projected a bad image of what being a hispanic-oriented tv show meant.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Still delusional I see. Also in one senrance he goes from "I would never attack another comedian" to talking about how these new guys who never done shit and aint shit. This is especially hilarious, considering his old MO was to go on stage ahead of starting comics and do their bit, just to fuck up their set.

This guys is still a piece of shit.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like he was implying Mencia stole the funny accent bit but changed the story in which the accent was used, and then was anasshole about it afterwards.
That's what joke thieves do. what they do is they take somebody's essence of a joke and change elements of it like Madlibs.

He was not just a joke thief, he would go in front of comedians and try to ruin their set by using their material. If it was just Joe Rogan saying it, that's one thing, but it's everyone.

Mencia's arrogant humble bragging is the most obnoxious shit I've ever heard. He does it in every interview. Does he think he's being slick? It made that Joey Diaz clip unbearable. Also, I guess I can add Joey to the list of comics that have physically attacked him, lol.