mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That was... not good. Though it was a redo of the origin story so maybe it'll get it's legs in future episodes. But besides the IP itself, it just has nothing at all in common with the original

As far as the previous reboot, it got the same crappy scheduling and non existent guide data (for DVRs) that CN gave Young Justice, or anything that they don't own the full merchandise right to.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this was the pseudo OT or not but my kids discovered 30ish new episodes dumped on vudu leading up to a Thunds-giving episode. I thought the double ep vs Mumm-Ra was the finale (ep 26 or so?) and that'd be the last of the show.

Bumping to let fellow fans no in case they were as out of the loop as I was. Kinda wish Vudu had a notification for purchased seasons with weekly released content that might have a hiatus.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was the pseudo OT or not but my kids discovered 30ish new episodes dumped on vudu leading up to a Thunds-giving episode. I thought the double ep vs Mumm-Ra was the finale (ep 26 or so?) and that'd be the last of the show.

Bumping to let fellow fans no in case they were as out of the loop as I was. Kinda wish Vudu had a notification for purchased seasons with weekly released content that might have a hiatus.
According to reports, they only got a Christmas episode airing next week left, then the series is officially dead.

Oct 27, 2017
According to reports, they only got a Christmas episode airing next week left, then the series is officially dead.
Thanks.

The show is better when they have a unique adventure. But loses my attention when it tries to have modern world commentary (like Big Business Cheetara episodes for example). I wanted more adventure time, less teen titans go in that respect despite not minding some of the similarities otherwise.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Hmm... there's 22 new episodes on my Xfinity Stream app too ending with the Xmas episode.

I'm surprised this didn't get more love considering how successful Teen Titans GO has been for CN

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Only saw a couple of episodes of this amd wasn't a fan, even though i like Tean Titans Go. Think it was too similar to TTG and it just doesnt have much original going for it aside from the IP.

Bummer it is dead foe those that did like it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have watched every episode of this show and think it's absolutely great. The reaction prior to launch doomed it and it never recovered.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I watched about the first five episodes and for me the humour didn't land and the character designs were bad, so I gave up on it.

Only bright sports were the fluidity of the animation and when they used Bernard Hoffer's music (uncredited). Won't miss it.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the hate the show got on initial reveal was certainly overblown. And for the show itself it's not the worst thing ever but I'm also going to say it's not the best thing ever? It sorta just exists. It has some pretty nice action sequences but not like the best in the market, Mao Mao and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come to mind for shows with better animation. I don't think they give the characters a lot to do either. The villains actually have more going on with them than the heroes I gotta say. It's better than say, Power Puff Girls which completely dropped the ball on the remake. But there's also better shows out there to champion and watch instead over this one.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm surprised this didn't get more love considering how successful Teen Titans GO has been for CN

I think that was exactly the problem. TTG already has its fanbase. CN couldn't expect lightning to strike twice, especially when it's based on a property that kids of today would have much less familiarity with. It only brings back up the question of "who this show was for"?

And also unlike TTG, when you have that much of an apparent crisis in identity and viewership appeal...maybe you shouldn't poke fun at your detractors at the very first opportunity in the TTG crossover, even calling back the original Lion-o VA to get in on the "joke".

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is CN is in a weird spot now that HBO Max is a thing and CN doesn't know what to do.

Doesn't help the show's targeted fanbase never really caught on with it and the shows look turned off older audiences.

The ones who did see it were the only ones who watched it.

But CN in general is in a weird spot, WB gave up the Lego stuff, all the original shows are on Max now and TT Go seems to still have a hold on the channel.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
The problem is CN is in a weird spot now that HBO Max is a thing and CN doesn't know what to do.

Doesn't help the show's targeted fanbase never really caught on with it and the shows look turned off older audiences.

The ones who did see it were the only ones who watched it.

But CN in general is in a weird spot, WB gave up the Lego stuff, all the original shows are on Max now and TT Go seems to still have a hold on the channel.
Well...it's not like CN couldn't have foreseen this outcome. Load up your time slots with TTG and Gumball, along with more and more seeing the allure of streaming services offering more options, and you have a network that's just...there.