makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, so this game releases today and is getting fantastic reviews:

www.thesixthaxis.com

Cassette Beasts Review | TheSixthAxis

Awesome Mix, Vol. 1

Cassette Beasts is simply one of the best Pokémon-like games I've come across, and I'm looking forward to earning a 100% completion. With a massive end-game and modder support built in at release though, I feel like I'm going to get very sidetracked on the way there.

www.godisageek.com

Cassette Beasts review | GodisaGeek.com

Cassette Beasts is the best monster collecting game I've ever played, with sensational combat and a wonderful world to explore.
Cassette Beasts is the best monster collecting game I've ever played, with sensational combat and a wonderful world to explore.

ladiesgamers.com

Cassette Beasts Review - LadiesGamers

Cassette Beasts is an open-world, RPG monster collection game in a HD-2D art style. Adventure, battle, and transform to find your way home.
In short, Cassette Beasts is a fantastic game with plenty of charm, great gameplay, and a groovy soundtrack. I could highly recommend it to anyone who loves playing a great game. The narrative aspects should keep a playthrough for about 8 – 18 hours, but those who wish to collect all the monsters and complete all side quests could expect to be playing for up to around 50 hours. There is plenty to do in New Wirral, take the leap of discovery and become a Cassette Beast Ranger!
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Cassette Beasts review: dropping the mic on the Pokémon-like

Cassette Beasts is a modern monster catcher RPG that smartly evolves almost every Poké-like system you can imagine.

I don't think it will convert those who have never enjoyed a Pokémon game before, and I can also see its in-depth elemental system being a bit too much like a GSCE chemistry lesson to capture the attention of those Pikachu-loving ten-year-olds. But for those who have felt increasingly like the Pokésphere just doesn't cut it for them anymore, there's definitely a lot to like and admire here. Pokémon will always likely be the dominant force in the monster-catching genre, but Cassette Beasts is a smart, evolutionary offshoot from the Game Freak family tree that I hope has a long and happy life ahead of it.

RPGFan Review

Full Review:
www.rpgfan.com

Cassette Beasts Review | RPGFan

Cassette Beasts is charming, fun, and creative. It feels unique thanks to its aesthetic, design, and, most importantly, its heart.

Quickie review card:
FuqEOATXwBcvvKt

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had a good feeling about this one, can't wait for it to come to Game Pass for the consoles

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Game Pass needs to chill. Now I gotta deal with this, Coffee Talk, and Benedict Fox. All before TOTK drops too. 🥲

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Grabbing this TODAY. couple great indies the last few weeks. This looks so fun.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Will grab XSX Gamepass version for sure. Been itching for a monster collector, but haven't been feeling the latest pokemon games.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
The Xbox and Switch versions are out next month. May 25.

Great to finally get a release date for consoles.

So glad its reviewing well. Have had my eye on it since I first saw it years ago on Twitter. Can't wait to give it a try come May.

Fantastic couple of months for new releases, just generally and with Gamepass. Genuinely can't keep up with the releases and with purchases, my backlog just continues to grow with even more new releases on the horizon.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I feel like modding support means people are going to immediately try to add Pokémon to it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, this looks good! No time for it now, and not sure I will next month either with Tears of the Kingdom, but I'll get to it eventually!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hate so much about 3's battle system is that if your healers are dead you may as well just quit the fucking battle

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I hope My Familiar hits soon as well. Don't think it has a date yet but that looks great. Like I said before, some really fun indies coming this year!

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was getting a pokemon itch but the last game's state turned me off solidly. This looks fantastic and exactly what I look for, and it helps even more than it's 10% off right now. Bought!

Samuri

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, thanks for posting this! I'm one half of the core dev team - we've been very overwhelmed with the positive response! If anyone has any questions about the game, feel free to ask me!

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Don't really care for monster collectors but plan to look into this one down the line just because Lenna's Inception was an awesome game.

One thing I hate so much about 3's battle system is that if your healers are dead you may as well just quit the fucking battle
*Nods* I hear that, but the Xenoblade thread is that a way!

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I totally missed this game, but sounds really fun. SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY

Mar 19, 2021
90 on OC! Definitely gonna play this, maybe I can squeeze it in once I'm done with AW2 and Burning Shores before Zelda, sounds like an improved Pokémon which is essentially my dream.

Oh wow, thanks for posting this! I'm one half of the core dev team - we've been very overwhelmed with the positive response! If anyone has any questions about the game, feel free to ask me!

Congrats on the reception, must feel great!! :)

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Had a good feeling about this one, glad to hear it's living up to expectations

Now to find time to actually get to it. Maybe sometime next year at this rate

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, it's one gamepass? I'll try it there first I guess, hope I don't get too into it as this is perfect for Switch...