• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I put off Season 3 after hearing (nearly) universal disappointment with it and feeling overall icky about the Warren Ellis allegations.

Alucard being my favorite character, may I ask why his storyline was the worst part of Season 3?
(like, is it sexual-assault related or just weird/random/boring?)

I liked it, but some found it boring. And there's some sexy time that is divisive. Not sexual assault related though. At least, I didn't read it that way. Moreso emotional manipulation.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has she ever drawn something for animation? Yeah the characters aren't as ornate here but they move around a lot more than the cover art for SOTN. And the action scenes in this show always really impressed me visually.
Not that I know of. Seems clear that they started with her and pared down to make palatable for animation. Which makes sense, but I've always found the Powerhouse style to be bland and workman-like.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I liked season 3 more than the previous ones. I enjoyed season 1 a lot but if I had to compare I think it's the weakest one.
But then I'm the type of person that prefer dialogue heavy stories over action filled ones. 🤷‍♂️

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I put off Season 3 after hearing (nearly) universal disappointment with it and feeling overall icky about the Warren Ellis allegations.

Alucard being my favorite character, may I ask why his storyline was the worst part of Season 3?
(like, is it sexual-assault related or just weird/random/boring?)
His storyline moves very slow in a season that already moves slow. The storyline itself isn't bad, but compared to the others it also felt noticeablely detached from the rest, up until the ending where it matches thematically.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I loved S3, the show's gotten better each season for me.

The S3 Hector storyline awoken somethin in me I can't lie.......

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
His storyline moves very slow in a season that already moves slow. The storyline itself isn't bad, but compared to the others it also felt noticeablely detached from the rest, up until the ending where it matches thematically.
Understood, thanks for this.

I liked it, but some found it boring. And there's some sexy time that is divisive. Not sexual assault related though. At least, I didn't read it that way. Moreso emotional manipulation.
Ok thank you. Hopefully not coming from Alucard doing the manipulation.