• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Oof, did it seep into the power supply unit? Hopefully didn't result in multiple things getting friend and just the PSU itself.

Needs to take better care of his cat's intake, too, as that puke looks like it had too much food at once. Or maybe the cat's digestion is a bit off from the weather (all these dang heatwaves).

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Does your cat go outside? A lot of the time it's because they've been eating grass
My cat does go outside for a few minutes a day and chomps on grass. My previous cat threw up pretty frequently; this one must be weird.

The dog is 11 year old chocolate lab with diabetes, so he has a habit of drinking too much water and puking.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's the impression people are giving from thier comments about thier "stupid" pets overeating whatever food is placed in front of them only to barf it up on rugs, laundry, and heating vents.
A shared or common occurrence regarding pet ownership doesn't necessarily translate into a daily hassle, and it's illogical to suggest as such.

For example, my dog has gotten lost before. I imagine other people on this site can name a time a beloved pet ran away. That doesn't mean everyone's dog runs away every single day.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
A shared or common occurrence regarding pet ownership doesn't necessarily translate into a daily hassle, and it's illogical to suggest as such.

For example, my dog has gotten lost before. I imagine other people on this site can name a time a beloved pet ran away. That doesn't mean everyone's dog runs away every single day.
Doesn't have to be daily to be considered on the regular (let keep in mind you were the one to bring up the metric of every day).

One person who responded to me stated their cat barfs like 10 times a year, mostly in the summer, like that's a normal amount of times to have some thing in your house horking up its food and hair in random spots. This thread has made it clear that this happens more often than I even thought it did to begin with.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Hold up! These animals are vomiting in houses on the regular? I thought it was an occasional thing people put up with when it gets ill or something. People are just happily keeping these apparent poop, pee, and vomit machines in thier house?

You've never been around pets or animals in general?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Love all the cat haters on ERA. Who hurt you? I can't even begin to imagine hating cats OR dogs as much as some people around here seem to.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I've never owned a cat but if that is puke in the picture I've never seen cat puke like that. It can't be normal.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What kind of cat vomit is that? Most of what my cats vomit is pretty liquid and small compared to that shit in his picture. And thankfully, they're not dumb enough to do this anywhere else but the floor.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure some of his viewers will pay to fix it.

Reminds me a couple of years ago... this big Destiny streamer... he was playing Trials and his controller wasn't charging properly when hooked up... and at least 3 different people donated $50 or more so that he could buy a new controller.

Fools and their money.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
My dog threw up a full turd out of it's mouth arm my arm while playing Gears5 last week.
I can't think of any situation to tell someone this irl and this thread kinda fits

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks. Though you are aware that babies are human, and pets are not. Different rules, different expectations, different levels of what would be tolerated.
Of course, only joking as babies are much worse during infancy. I apologize if my post was offensive as that was not the intention.

Also I believe the desire to care for a pet is partially related to the paternal/maternal instinct, so maybe that's an answer to your question of why people aren't put off by it.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My 2 cats have puked on everything I own multiple times. They have fried electronics on many occasions. I've learned to keep things that I care about hidden from sight, or at least compartmentalized so it cannot be used as a perch or resting place. Even doing that, they once managed to short out my entertainment center, they knocked out my receiver, cable box, and projector in one fell swoop. With puke they killed a desktop computer, monitor, and another receiver.

25119.jpg

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have this paranoia about having electronics on the floor. Not because I have a cat, but this doesn't help

I have a little end table that I use specifically to get my PC off the floor. It's just high enough so that I can't spill drinks or food into the vents on my case.

Totally worth the $20 something I spent.