• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Catherine-FB-Tease_01-07-19.jpg

Hopefully(?) a Western release date, It might match up with the end of the Steam announcement? Who knows

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/catherine-full-body-special-announcement-set-for-january-10

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a japanese stream. It won't talk about the western release date or the Steam port done by SEGA Europe.

It's probably post-launch content.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You should post the quote that goes along with it

Urgent Notice: On January 11 (Friday) at 12:00 (noon), we will make an announcement we have been saving regarding Catherine: Full Body on this account (@stud_zero). Please look forward to it.

The fact that they say it's an announcement for FB that they've been saving until now really doesn't make it sound like a port. It really wouldn't make sense for them to sit on a port this long.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You think the Japanese PR staff are teasing an announcement of the western release date in Japanese for Japanese fans in Japan? Interesting conclusion.
Yep, this is def the for western release date.

Joking aside, I do wonder what this could be for. The Japanese version comes out next month, so I doubt they'd have any major announcements left for this title. Hmmm... could this be about the possibility of having a "Classic Catherine" mode in the game for people to experience the vanilla story? I would love that tbh.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Might be an OVA. Doubt it'll be a series, but would absolutely be up for that sort of thing from Catherine. It probably wouldn't be Studio 4°C behind it though, since I imagine they're relatively pricey.

Jan 2, 2018
I seriously hope they are putting the Full Body remake on Steam as well. I won't be bummed if it's only the Classic version,but Full Body is defenitley preferable.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a Japanese Atlus stream. I don't expect a Steam announcement.

Wouldn't surprise me if the western branch or SEGA Europe decided to do something around the same time though.

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
You guys are way too hopeful. This will probably turn out to be an escape room or some shit

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Its footage of a room of atlus devs laughing at how PS4 will get the censored version while PC and Switch dont. Thats how theyll surprise us with a switch version.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I'm guessing the Steam announcement will be the "Full Body" version. They say to look a bit deeper in response to the tweet that the "Catherine Classic" version was likely coming to PC... All the sheep in all the pics they've posted haven't been sheared.. meaning they are full bodied.

That's my take anyway... groundbreaking I know! lmao

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Be prepared for disappointment, people

Would love a Vita port announcement for the West

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
I expect it's being re-titled Catherine: Half Body in order to comply with PlayStation's new content policies.

Nov 9, 2017
Totally fine with any pedo catering stuff being censored. Hopefully this game is untouched though since the characters are all clearly adults.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Otherwise not sure what they'd take out given it's already on PS360.
Because Sony's stance on sexual content (especially in games with anime-like artstyles) changed sometime last year and they have forced changes or even prevented games from releasing. Catherine is mainstream enough (both in content and appeal) to probably avoid censorship but it is a non-zero possibility.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
A bunch of games have been censored on PS4 recently due to Sony content policies.

When asked if Catherine would be effected, Atlus said they wouldn't be adding mysterious white beams of light like other games. You can read what you want from that.

It's been a while so I might be mistaken but I don't remember there being any outright nudity or sexual scenes in the game. It's risque and provocative, sure, but nothing like the games that have recently been "beamed". I think, I haven't played any of them.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
if it comes out for Switch..... I may double dip (probably not). If it's just PS4... definitely won't double dip.

I never got very far into it... basically just as the main story was starting. Based on your impressions, was it a great play through?

Status
Not open for further replies.