• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else ever seen this phenomenon? I've never once even considered putting butter on a hot Pop-Tart. She said it was life changing. I'm not gonna do it. Have you seen this in the wild? Do you do it yourself? Who told you how to do it and why?

I think it's absolutely weird, but she said it wasn't.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
It is excellent. Especially on non-frosted ones. They tend to be too dry (not enough jam inside) so butter adds moisture.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Never, also I tried a pop tart as an adult and it was no where as good as my childhood memories lead me to believe.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, why not. Live life.
I sometimes put a thin spread of peanut butter on unfrosted strawberry pop tarts.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this a thing on Family Guy? Wonder if that inspired people to try that

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Makes sense if it wasn't frosted.

My grandfather used to put butter on everything. He would spread butter on top of the fudge frosting on my dad's chocolate cake.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you're already eating pop-tarts, it's not like you're in a place to deny yourself the butter too.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Sounds weird.

It's a heavily processed pastry thing with a smooth, hard surface. The application of any butter is just going to slide and drip all over the place.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
yeah its good depending on what kind. just a lil bit. i wouldn't do it to a fruity flavored one

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
444.jpg

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A little butter on an unfrosted brown sugar pop tart IS amazing.

I mean if you are already eating a pop tart and a little butter throws up a flag then I got doubts about you.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If unfrosted, that actually sounds good. Same reason butter/jelly on toast together is good.

OP
OP
Brass Body Dave
Oct 25, 2017
FYI she was buttering a frosted strawberry pop-tart. So it was weird. I can see the brown sugar one working. That's a good mix.

not strawbs though.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
My mother did it that way, so that's how I ate them as a child. She was from West Virginia, and lived in Indiana at the time, if that helps locate the phenomenon. And it certainly predated Family Guy. I'm more an English muffin eater than a Pop tart eater, now that I have the freedom to choose my breakfast.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I would dunk them in milk as a kid, buttering seems not so wild ignoring the health stuff.