Oct 27, 2017
Df7XHoJVAAAkkM4.jpg

Df7XHoJUwAAQ1--.jpg

Df7XHnMVQAE9gYG.jpg

Df7XHoJUwAE1pmf.jpg

Df7XaxAVAAAr6he.jpg

via: https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1008479899806523393

The AP was among the media outlets allowed to tour the facility earlier today:
Inside an old warehouse in South Texas, hundreds of children wait away from their parents in a series of cages created by metal fencing. One cage had 20 children inside. Scattered about are bottles of water, bags of chips and large foil sheets intended to serve as blankets.

One teenager told an advocate who visited that she was helping care for a young child she didn't know because the child's aunt was somewhere else in the facility. She said she had to show others in her cell how to change the girl's diaper.
The U.S. Border Patrol on Sunday allowed reporters to briefly visit the facility where it holds families arrested at the southern U.S. border, responding to new criticism and protests over the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy and resulting separation of families.

More than 1,100 people were inside the large, dark facility that's divided into separate wings for unaccompanied children, adults on their own, and mothers and fathers with children. The cages in each wing open out into common areas to use portable restrooms. The overhead lighting in the warehouse stay on around the clock.

Reporters were not allowed by agents to interview any of the detainees or take photos.
Agents running the holding facility — generally known as "Ursula" for the name of the street it's on — said everyone detained is given adequate food, access to showers and laundered clothes, and medical care. People are supposed to move through the facility quickly. Under U.S. law, children are required to be turned over within three days to shelters funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
More here: https://www.apnews.com/9794de32d39d4c6f89fbefaea3780769

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's funny they had to blur out the guard's faces. I wish they didn't have to, I'm not sure how you can work there and not be an evil son of a bitch.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ! Actual prisoners are treated better than this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh my god those are the photos they chose to release, they weren't actually let inside to film...

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
If photos were not allowed and these were provided, I can only imagine how it might look when no one is there to report or anything...

Truly terrible and will be a black mark on the history of America... it hurts to see this happening

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine what mental state young kids are in. Disgraceful.

Is that the parents or young adults in the second picture?

Plum

May 31, 2018
People in the future are going to look at these pictures in history books and wonder how this was allowed to happen. Disgusting.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Whose bright idea was it to use tin foil for blankets

Those are emergency blankets like you might find in survival gear or roadside kits. They insulate the heat but they're easy to tear, super noisy, and very uncomfortable. You can go down the road to Dollar General and grab a shit load of actual blankets for just a couple bucks each, but no. Making sure they know that they're being punished is part of the policy.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What can we even do to stand against this, besides political action it seems like writing someone in congress or your rep whoever the fuck, is useless.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
This week has painted an extremely clear picture of what Trump and his administration really are, from trashing allies, praising dictators, illegally caging kids, attacking press and democratic institutions. The US has become everything it used to be against under this government.

It's stunning to see how bad the situation has become, especially when you compare what it was like 1.5 years ago.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man things must be so much worse than this if these are what they chose to release. Looks like an absolutely horrible situation, we have so much to answer for as a country.

ICE/CBP are an abomination for treating children like this

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I hope every Trump supporter is proud of themselves. This madness is on all of you.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I was just reading on poliERA how they have stopped accepting those that are seeking asylum and not providing food or water at the point where they are to go legally, so as a result people are being forced to cross or you know, die, and then they swoop in and take their kids. Literally a child abduction trap. Murica...

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any organizaation or marches being planned to do something about this in the nearby future? Seriously, I'm sick of this horrible shit being done.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all the talk of the Trump and their spoken racism. This act seals this administration as the most disgusting, evil, vile, inhumane in modern American history

Japanese internment camps had better conditions and those were an embarrassment and attrocious, this is a national, historical and cultural embarrassment

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This week has painted an extremely clear picture of what Trump and his administration really are, from trashing allies, praising dictators, illegally caging kids, attacking press and democratic institutions. The US has become everything it used to be against under this government.

It's stunning to see how bad the situation has become, especially when you compare what it was like 1.5 years ago.
What's more stunning is how many support it. This country is beyond redemption.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need Nuremberg trials for everyone involved in this.

Point blank. I don't care what they have to do to get these motherfuckers thrown behind bars.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when the Japanese got put into concentration camps and we said never again?

We fucking failed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any organizaation or marches being planned to do something about this in the nearby future? Seriously, I'm sick of this horrible shit being done.

You missed one going on just today.

I was just reading on poliERA how they have stopped accepting those that are seeking asylum and not providing food or water at the point where they are to go legally, so as a result people are being forced to cross or you know, die, and then they swoop in and take their kids. Literally a child abduction trap. Murica...