Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the photos that they're willing to release I wonder what photos they aren't willing to:(

That's horrible. Poor kids:(

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
At least give the kids a PSP or some shit. Not a fuckin' TV mounted way too high up on a damn pine board. This shit is all kinds of wrong. Do they really say they're gonna give 'em a bath and then kidnap them to these cages? What the fuck?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this story stays in the headlines as long as possible. Make it this administration's Abu Ghraib.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I like how some conservatives on social media are pointing out that kids were detained during the Obama admin when the uptick in traffic happened. As if people have to defend everything about their side like a sports fan. Triablism is not good.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I like how some conservatives on social media are pointing out that kids were detained during the Obama admin when the uptick in traffic happened. As if people have to defend everything about their side like a sports fan. Triablism is not good.
Happens here on ERA too all the time. Usually it's Obama drones. "but Obama" is a popular deflection from Trump atrocities. I mean never mind that, even if this exact same thing happened under Obama (it didn't), it wouldn't make anything any better or more right.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Trump wants his wall and he's using them as leverage. Like a psychopath.
Yeah when you have to hold children and DREAMers as hostages to get your demands met, you're the bad guy in the story. Not that we didn't know that about both Trump and Republicans. He also wants more border funding and harsher changes to immigration laws.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
So Trump is basically gonna hold these kids hostage, and when Dems don't wanna surrender and give him the wall, he's gonna blame Dems for not putting a stop to the situation he's creating?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So Trump is basically gonna hold these kids hostage, and when Dems don't wanna surrender and give him the wall, he's gonna blame Dems for not putting a stop to the situation he's creating?
Exactly and he did it for DACA too. It's like his go-to at this point. I guess because he wasn't raked over the coals for it the last time he thought he'd try it again, just this time with using kids.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right. And even if he doesn't get his wall, The Base loves kidnapping foreign children and destroying families. It's a win-win.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Forgive any historical insensitivity to my following query, but:

I wonder if, in future history books, this will be looked similarly upon as the internment camps the USA set up during WWII were.

This all just seems so much of a huge step backward in terms of cultural progress and inclusivity that the world has been moving towards. It still baffles me that this is even happening, let alone that the american public are even letting it happen. (Yes, I know it's up to the elected representatives to speak on behalf of said public, but hot damn how did it even get to this point?!).

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

UPDATE: After this fact-check was published, Merkley spokesman Ray Zaccaro took issue with our findings and conclusions, and we're publishing Zaccaro's full response. Our Pinocchio rating remains unchanged.

Everything about the reporting on this is infuriating.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Forgive any historical insensitivity to my following query, but:

I wonder if, in future history books, this will be looked similarly upon as the internment camps the USA set up during WWII were.

This all just seems so much of a huge step backward in terms of cultural progress and inclusivity that the world has been moving towards. It still baffles me that this is even happening, let alone that the american public are even letting it happen. (Yes, I know it's up to the elected representatives to speak on behalf of said public, but hot damn how did it even get to this point?!).
A Black man was president for 8 years, and because of racism, the people convinced themselves he was actually the worst president ever that turned America to shit, so they responded by electing White supremacy and idiocy.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history. We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.

NateSnacks

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I wish I had the money to physically protest outside this compound. Protesters from the 70s are rolling in their graves. America is dead.