• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
After watching this latest video of the game (and others prior), I think that they've succeeded in crafting a video game in which every single NPC is the biggest douche-nozzle you've ever seen.

I get that people having sort of "future-punk" abrasive personalities kind of goes with the setting, but man... I don't know if I can stomach an entire city/world populated by these scuzzballs. They all move, sound, and act like Tommy Wiseau's impression of how a rebellious urbanite would act. There's something about the combination of mediocre motion capture with otherwise high-fidelity character models and environments that just amps it up further for me.

Everyone's all like, "Yeuh, dawg! I'ma fuck things up in here! I'm a bad bitch muthafucka, ya hurd?"

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
At the risk of being slapped for thread whining, I have to ask: how many 2077 threads are going to be posted today?

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019
I wasn't hyped for this game only interested, right now it looks like something I'll pass.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was nextgen only, they probably had to cut too many mechanics etc because of One and PS4

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how everyone is kneejerking to the misleading title when the thread is actually critical of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda with you. Sure it looks amazing, but I'm not convinced about the tone they are going for yet. Wannabe-GTA is too harsh, but earlier videos had a different vibe.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I see of this game, the more it is reminding me of a scifi GTA. That is not a good thing.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
man, the style and tone in this game is just really off-putting to me. when they show the cars and the city, they look amazing and make me want to get it day 1. but when they show the characters, npc dialogue etc, it really make me not want to play the game. I don't find these characters cool, and I already don't like the prospect of doing jobs for these npc, which I assume you'll do like in many open world game.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
There's at least half a dozen active Cyberpunk 2077 threads at the moment, please continue this discussion in one of them, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.