Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
deadisland.com

Celebrating a Year of Dead Island 2: A Message from Dambuster Studios

It’s just over one year since launch of Dead Island 2 and all of us at Dambuster Studios are humbled and thrilled by the outstanding response of our passionate slayers!

It's just over one year since launch of Dead Island 2 and all of us at Dambuster Studios are humbled and thrilled by the outstanding response of our passionate slayers!

It's been a truly memorable year for the Dead Island franchise.

We have had well over 7 million players enter Hell-A and a brain melting 24 BILLION zombies slayed! These are simply mind boggling numbers! We were also truly honoured to be nominated for Best Action Game at the Game Awards last year, and more recently for Best British Game at the esteemed BAFTA's.

2024 has already got off to a flying start with the release of our second story expansion SoLA, and in bringing Dead Island 2 to Steam. Your passionate feedback means a huge amount to us, and we are dedicated to providing ongoing support for Dead Island 2 across all platforms.

To all our slayers – we read and value all your comments and wishes for the future! In the following months we'll share some exciting and long awaited new game updates, so stay tuned for more Dead Island 2 content to come!

All the best, and thank you for slaying!

I am happy to see them having so much success, Dead Island 2 was one of my favorite games of last year.

I am shocked though it's getting more updates- I assumed after DLC2 it would be over, though it does remind me that I do need to play the DLCs.

I do hope Dead Island 3 is in development though from them!

Also on an aside, I know the "Players" thing might not seem much these days due to recent events, but we do know that Dead Island 2 also had great sales- so it's safe!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. I admit to being very cynical in the years prior to release if the game would be any good, or if it would release at all. Happy to be proven wrong, the game is fantastic

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Great to hear that the game was successful.

Also dear devs, add photomode please. I want to closer look those perfect details.

Last edited:

Limelight Boy

Sep 15, 2019
United Kingdom
I can honestly say that I wasn't even looking forward to this game after the multiple delays but after playing the campaign in full and buying both DLC's this is easily a contender for my GOTY - so much fun

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Great to hear, I absolutely loved the game and still need to get those DLCs.

Nice redemption story for both the game and Dambuster.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
One of these days I'd like to try one of these games.

Dead Island 2 or Dying Light 2?

Assume no familiarity of the originals of either (tho I did play like 10 hours of DL1 on switch)

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
One of my favorite games from last year. My wife and I had lots of fun playing co-op together. The DLC's were both good, although performance seemed a bit rough on the SOLA DLC.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was going to buy it on Steam, but epic online services is mandatory... so that's a nope.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Assume no familiarity of the originals of either (tho I did play like 10 hours of DL1 on switch)

Dead Island 2 imho.

Thing is that, Dead Island 2 is an overall "simpler" game but it's also a game that knows what it wants to be.

It's a Mostly Light Hearted game all about killing Zombies with some looter elements. It doesn't try to be anything more or less than that.

Ant_17

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Greece

I like both but DI2 has way better combat while DL2 has fun parkour.
But i lean towards DI2 cause its also not taking itself seriously.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I was going to buy it on Steam, but epic online services is mandatory... so that's a nope.

it is mandatory for cross play between EGS and Steam users, I was also having the login issue so I deleted EGO entirely on my pc and was able to jump straight in a play without any issue. A lot of steam games also use EGO backend for MP like Remnent 2, don't think it cause any chaos that I can remember of.

You can jump straight into Dead Island 2 without playing the original, you might not know some of the reference to the first game but the game doesn't take itself too seriously, its a funny light hearted zombie sandbox game with great combat. DL2 on the other hand, at least a launch it kind of not fun to play, boring missions etc, but might be much better now since they revamp the gore system and add guns which I was told to be even better than DI2, but you have to complete a very long mission to get to the guns.

I hope they add a new game plus seriously, a lot of the weapons and ability were introducted very late into the game, as cool as they are you don't even get to use them much.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
it is mandatory for cross play between EGS and Steam users, I was also having the login issue so I deleted EGO entirely on my pc and was able to jump straight in a play without any issue. A lot of steam games also use EGO backend for MP like Remnent 2, don't think it cause any chaos that I can remember of.

You can jump straight into Dead Island 2 without playing the original, you might not know some of the reference to the first game but the game doesn't take itself too seriously, its a funny light hearted zombie sandbox game with great combat. DL2 on the other hand, at least a launch it kind of not fun to play, boring missions etc, but might be much better now since they revamp the gore system and add guns which I was told to be even better than DI2, but you have to complete a very long mission to get to the guns.

I hope they add a new game plus seriously, a lot of the weapons and ability were introducted very late into the game, as cool as they are you don't even get to use them much.

Have you tried playing it offline?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Have you tried playing it offline?
when I was struggling to login, I actually disable my internet and I was able to get into the game and play entirely offline dispite the game having Denuvo if that means anything to you. You can always try it on steam and get refunded if you are having issue I guess, I played through the game solo since nobody I know owns it and it was a blast tbh, one of the most fun I had last year

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
when I was struggling to login, I actually disable my internet and I was able to get into the game and play entirely offline dispite the game having Denuvo if that means anything to you. You can always try it on steam and get refunded if you are having issue I guess, I played through the game solo since nobody I know owns it and it was a blast tbh, one of the most fun I had last year

That does actually, thank you.