• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Chrissy Teigen reminded me of the thread where we posted all the famous people posting Switch stuff on their social media. I'll start with a few:

Chile Football National Team

wwzqptbfvmeywx8z2xx6.gif

Clint Dempsey

Screenshot_2017-07-17-17-45-151.png

Gareth Bale

Gareth-Bale-820x555.jpg

XXXTentacion

22277784_272088953299584_2948572439719706624_n.jpg

F.C. Barcelona

C_uHO_DXUAA3E8L.jpg

Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park)

ngtcakp.png

Randy Orton

QLj1DOn.png

The Weeknd

0DwyTEw.jpg

Nintendo must be spending a fortune paying for this marketing ;p

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Xxxtentacion is definitely the kind of young, phresh talent I'd imagine promoting the Nintendo Switch

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy Fallon. It's the only thing he has going for him now

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Mike Shinoda is the only one of these I've heard of besides the Weekend (who I've only heard of through others).

I'm not in touch with modern celebrities and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I guess this is cool. I'm not mad about it. So please don't get offended I felt compelled to share how I don't know who any of these people are.

Ps. And obviously I know of Jimmy Fallon.

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Nintendo must be spending a fortune paying for this marketing ;p

I know you're being sarcastic but as someone who works in marketing and PR I would actually really love to know how much of this is paid marketing and how much of it is genuine.

I mean, the Switch is the perfect system for young sportspeople and celebrities who spend a lot of time on the road, so as much as it all looks like paid social media endorsement, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that plenty of it is genuine unpaid endorsement too.

That being said, Nintendo did do plenty of "influencer" marketing in the Wii days, so they definitely know their way around endorsements.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only know Randy Orton because I'm a piece of shit wrestling fan.
Don't know anyone else on here.
But I'm in the US so we don't think of soccer players as celebrities.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Switch seems great if you travel a lot like professional athletes, musicians, etc.

I'm sure Nintendo's promo dollars is probably going to some of these celebs as well, but it's a lot more authentic than lugging a GameCube around and or posing with any home console really, it's just very weird to be doing that.

AlanCummingGamecube.jpg

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kuzzzz, larry nance has tweeted about the switch and playing mario kart too. the lakers are in on the switch for sure

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ray Fisher, the guy that played Cyborg in JL, said he's a huge fan of Super Mario Odyssey.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It makes so much sense for athletes on the road, not surprised at all that so many big teams have them.

hergipotter

Oct 28, 2017
Mats Hummels (german football player, World Champion 2014) and Lena Meyer-Landrut (german singer, won Eurovision Song Contest some years ago)

AnimalFather

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
how come whenever im on an airplane the flight attendant tells me to shut off all electronics cause it interferes with the instrument panels in the cockpit. cant even use an mp3 player.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I like about the switch is that it sells itself: its great portability and excellent games make for an ideal device for people that are often on the move: like celebrities. Of course they can play it at home as well. but you see them playing it in public, which will never happen with a pc or a tv only console :P

Im sure I have seen a pic of her with one

Chrissy Teigen
l2x0q9nz8d101.jpg

she is the tiniest person ever

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Can't find the pic as it was on Instagram and I cba trying to link it now but I saw one of Davide Zappacosta of Chelsea on the plane waiting to fly to an away game in the Champions League and he was playing FIFA on Switch. It's just a superb device for anyone who travels and even remotely likes playing games.

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
It's the perfect system for people who travel a lot, such as performers and athletes, so it makes sense it would be popular amongst them.