IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://x.com/Wario64/status/1752149573936767406?s=20

"Relive the magic of Celeste Mountain alongside Madeline in this small, heartfelt 3D platformer. Created in a week(ish) by the Celeste team to celebrate the game's sixth anniversary"

GFDip-xacAAUOMh

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
It plays great on the Steam Deck so far. Sipping power and steady at 60 fps. Controls and everything just worked.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I feel like it would be very weird of me to play this without playing the main Celeste game.

... but... it looks cool.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
A cute little half hour adventure. You don't get credits but a timer pops up once you're "done". What a charming little game!

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
That was really, really fun. Got 24 strawberries over 58 deaths, dunno how many strawberries there were total.

Really appreciated the dialogue in this. Forgot how much I liked this cast. Let out an "aww" when I learned Madeline has a gf now. And reading into the subtext I think her return to the mountain here is preceding surgery! yeah trans rights!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Anyone know how to hit the ? Square near the beginning? Stuck at 26 strawberries.

edit: got it. Now at 28

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Man, some of you guys are really good at this haha. I feel like I've hit a wall at 20 strawberries. There are some areas I legit don't fully understand how to interact with and I'm not sure what to do with the purple tile near the beginning of the game. :/

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Love that this exists and I'm gonna dive into it soon, but also isn't Earthblade out this year? Kinda crazy they're making a totally different kind of game on the side

Dec 5, 2017
Got 24 strawberries and the credits. Not sure how many there are, definitely didn't get it all because the ??? square near the beginning was never cracked.

What an amazing little experience. Ridiculous how a game can be this tight and have this much charm. Games are built with thousands of people for years that don't feel this good to play. Its Kiwi 64 x 100 and I thought Kiwi 64 was excellent

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm looking forward to trying this. I absolutely loved Celeste. One of my all-time favorite platformers, despite the difficulty getting too hard for me in the extra B-sides levels :-)

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
How did you get itch to work on your steam deck? It never opens for me

I installed the linux version via the itch.io linux client on my desktop, and then added it to Steam to play in game mode.

edit: Oh, you asked about itch and not the game. I think I installed it via discovery a long time ago. It said it had been a year since my last login when I opened it.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Got all 30 strawberries! Celeste's gameplay weirdly transitions really well to 3D.

AvianAviator

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 23, 2021
I installed the linux version via the itch.io linux client on my desktop, and then added it to Steam to play in game mode.

edit: Oh, you asked about itch and not the game. I think I installed it via discovery a long time ago. It said it had been a year since my last login when I opened it.
Discovery always gave me issues with itch but I guess I'll try it again!

amlabella

Oct 27, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Just played a little bit on my Steam Deck and this is so cool. I love seeing the Super Mario Sunshine-esque levels where it's just a self-contained area focused on the platforming. Super cool of them to make this and the Celeste 2 PICO-8 game for the third anniversary a few years back.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have 24 berries, and have two tapes I'm not going to bother with any longer. I think I'm just done.

The one tape is just absurdly difficult given what's asked of the somewhat poor wall grabbing mechanics and the constant change of directions you have to do. The other tape I discovered afterward and it's probably easier but uses the same mechanic and I'm just burnt on it.

That said, this was a nice little distraction.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The one tape is just absurdly difficult given what's asked of the somewhat poor wall grabbing mechanics and the constant change of directions you have to do. The other tape I discovered afterward and it's probably easier but uses the same mechanic and I'm just burnt on it.
So I woke up and felt like I had to be missing something mechanically. And I was. I pulled up a video and found out you can hold onto walls and climb around.

what

This means all the wild and crazy wall jumps I've been pulling off were me making this game 10000x more difficult than it needed to be. El oh el.

I am an idiot. Sigh. I'm gonna go back in later today.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Got all of the strawberries in a little over an hour. Fun but I found the camera and controls a bit frustrating. Understandable considering it's a free game that was made in a week. Really needs some kind of soft stop or required double tap to climb around walls because I kept running into spikes. Disappointed that you couldn't actually get Badeline to join you and unlock permanent double dash.