Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it's just unhinged silliness with no basis in reality. If somehow in bizarro world there's a preorder for an upgraded Switch tonight at midnight, then there can be another thread.
Unhinged silliness with no basis in reality is legit one of the few ways some of us cope with this bleak existence. What's the harm in keeping the thread alive until the midnight deadline?

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, its not over yet.

giphy.gif

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't a new console preorder page always followed an announcement at some event, whether it was in person or online? It doesn't make sense for a preorder to go up without announcing it. You all need to check yourselves.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unhinged silliness with no basis in reality is legit one of the few ways some of us cope with this bleak existence. What's the harm in keeping the thread alive until the midnight deadline?

I mean I guess at this point you might as well. But my general counterpoint to "let people have fun" is that I'd attack it not from the RobotNoFunAllowed.jpg perspective, but more from the vantage point of arguing that the thread is an active nuisance. Mind you, I'm not saying the stakes are high regardless, and it's not my call to make. So people are having fun? Fine, whatever. But I'll note that if you are not part of the active thread clique it's honestly kind of annoying to see this getting bumped and wondering if there's been anything noteworthy that has occurred just to see that it's nothing but nonsense in-joking. It's ostensibly a news thread, but it's failing to serve that purpose.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I am enjoying seeing the Forgotten Worlds rolling demo / attract sequence in Capcom Arcade Stadium. It's on my recently bought Switch, docked on an old 1080p LED TV. This as I wait however many more days until the Super Nintendo Switch Pro is formerly announced.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good thing I'm a night owl every day. Just in case, my finger will be at the ready over my F5 key. 👀

What sites should I be on the lookout for?

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I guess at this point you might as well. But my general counterpoint to "let people have fun" is that I'd attack it not from the RobotNoFunAllowed.jpg perspective, but more from the vantage point of arguing that the thread is an active nuisance. Mind you, I'm not saying the stakes are high regardless, and it's not my call to make. So people are having fun? Fine, whatever. But I'll note that if you are not part of the active thread clique it's honestly kind of annoying to see this getting bumped and wondering if there's been anything noteworthy that has occurred just to see that it's nothing but nonsense in-joking. It's ostensibly a news thread, but it's failing to serve that purpose.
I appreciate the counterpoint, and I've definitely found plenty of threads I'm not interested in to be a nuisance over the years here and on GAF. Even knowing the "Ignore Thread" function exists, I'm usually too lazy to do it... but like you said, it's super low-stakes so I try to focus on how silly it is that I'm getting annoyed over something so banal.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Centro Pokémon is such a clickbaity account that I'm surprised anyone took them seriously. They always try to make the obvious look mysterious and then they get hyped for a screenshot of someone's uncle who works at Nintendo.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Mat has been trolling about the pro for a bit. this is probably an extension of that

Wow, how did he get involved with that? Lol.

Possible Switch Pro confirmations aside, I would imagine that Nintendo would want to do some announcements before E3 since their presentation is during the last day of the event.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

There was a thread years ago where people were sure a switch pro was coming because a newspaper article confirmed it because other consoles had done it in the past. That was the proof and that's all it took for everyone to lose their mind for like a year straight.

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
This was a fun ride. I look forward to doing it again with you guys tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and forever until the end of time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If E3 is focused on Switch software, let devs showcase that new power. "Captured on a Super Nintendo Switch"... 60fps goodness please
I'm just saying it makes more sense to have the reveal and open pre-orders closer to E3, not some random day of the week with no fanfare. Besides, these plans are usually fluid and change all the time. They probably want to at least try and avoid something akin to the PS5 pre-order debacle.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The point of the thread isn't waiting for meaningful news that never happens.

The point is that you have all been brought closer together. ❤

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
In the end, what really matters is the friends we made along the way while posting on this thread.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I'm just wondering why they would announce it now when they scheduled a Direct for June 15th?
When was the last time Nintendo announced hardware at E3? 2011

When was the last time Nintendo announced a revision at E3? 2005

It might not get announced in the next few days but I doubt E3 has anything to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.