Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Yeah this looks fantastic i played the demo for a bit a while back and everything felt great, nice it's even releasing on gamepass now.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in awe that all of this was made by just one person (except music). Dude is a god of game development

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot about this game, looks good. If I like it enough I'll double dip on the CE

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
The CE is limited to 500 copies. I wonder if all of the preorders will be allocated before the digital release on Dec 8th.

Hmm, it is limited but this store page says 700? It's 700 for each version yea? And there's a few different tiers, I don't think I'll get the super expensive one but I'm a sucker for hardcover artbooks

https://firstpressgames.com/collections/chained-echoes/

It's a 3 day window but it's there unless they sell out. I might risk it

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, I'll play it someday. Not a fan of some of the UI choices and popups, and the sprite animation looks a bit weird and reminds me more of modern indie animation.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
VERY interested in this game. If it hits the mark, this couls be one of my favorite indies and favorite RPGs of the year.

alexdotgames

Dec 5, 2021
This looks like a game that has its origins somewhere in the old German RPG Maker scene.

And I don't mean this as an insult.

Oh man, that brings me back. And I certainly think it's true, the solo Dev is a German after all.

Kinda bummed that all the Unterwegs in DĂĽsterburgs and Vampires Dawn's are get left out of the best RPGMaker games lists, though.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
This looks like a game that has its origins somewhere in the old German RPG Maker scene.

And I don't mean this as an insult.
True, it reminded me a bit of CrossCode, which was done by some of the most well-known members of the german RPG Maker scene. Given that it was a constant influencing of each other I'm not surprised that there are some elements that at least feel similar.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game is also on GOG:

www.gog.com

Chained Echoes

Chained Echoes is a story-driven JRPG where a group of heroes travel around the vast co

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Seemed kinda generic from the trailers but watching a longplay of the demo hooked me. December is looking hype between this, Wavetale, and Sports Story

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The mech gameplay is what drives my interest in this. Other than that, it doesn't particularly stand out from a distance.

Hopefully its a sizable part of the game and not just a small side venture of it.

GreenKing1979

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
I'm intrigued by this game, but not enough to buy it on release.

At the least I want to read some reviews, and maybe wait for a sale.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see this, I mistake the red haired guy for Adol until I do a double take.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mech gameplay is what drives my interest in this. Other than that, it doesn't particularly stand out from a distance.

Hopefully its a sizable part of the game and not just a small side venture of it.

The quality and level of polish is what makes it stand out IMO. The graphics are nice and the battle system (fully turn-based like FFX) is fast and snappy.

And it was all made by just one guy!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that the press statement calls it the developer's Magnum Opus when it's apparently their first game lol that's a lot of confidence

I wasn't paying attention to it aside from thinking it looks very pretty, but I'll watch reviews to see what I think.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
Is this coming outside of NA? Its not on au xbox or psn stores

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is this coming outside of NA? Its not on au xbox or psn stores
I think it releases tomorrow.
Doe anybody know if you can flee from battles? It doesn't have random encounters but you are still forced to take some fights and it looks like some battles take a really long time.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
I think it releases tomorrow.
Doe anybody know if you can flee from battles? It doesn't have random encounters but you are still forced to take some fights and it looks like some battles take a really long time.

I mean its not even up for preorder or anything.

no random encounters? So there's no way to grind levels? Ugh

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see fantasy mech suits that look like giant knights, I buy.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
Oh cool, interesting take on progression. If its coming out here i am interested

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Noisy pixel hasn't steered me wrong yet when it comes to JRPG so I'll take their review to heart.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Is this by the same team that are making one of my most anticipated game in this genre,Sea Of Stars ?...looks a bit like it.

If impressions are good I will be getting this tomorrow,back log be damned. ;) oh Gamepass nice.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Is this by the same team that are making one of my most anticipated game in this genre,Sea Of Stars ?...looks a bit like it.

If impressions are good I will be getting this tomorrow,back log be damned. ;) oh Gamepass nice.
No. This is made by one person, Matthias Linda. It's his first game as far as I know.

Last edited:

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The demo was fun a couple years ago. I'll likely pick it up, pricing will determine Steam or PS4.

This looks incredibly good. I wonder if they will do a physical release in the USA.
A physical release has been confirmed but it won't be until next summer:

www.rpgfan.com

Chained Echoes Releasing December 8th, Plus Physical Editions Announced | RPGFan

Deck13 Interactive, alongside developer Matthias Linda, has announced that Chained Echoes will hit Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, and PC via Steam on

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Really good reviews. Can't wait to play.

Between this, my current GOTY Crystal Project, and hopefully Sports Story, Indies have been killing it this year.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Omg I hope this releases late tonight in the US. I read the Noisy Pixel review and that just made the wait even harder!!!

Sabin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another retro RPG instant classic from Germany after cross code and apparently 30-40h long.

Also totally forgot how good the Switch LE from the kickstarter looked like.

709e4bbd9f4d8b1fc5b7a3cc60e8f834_original.png

Absolute banger design.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Very positive impressions from all reviews so far ... and to think I had a break in my free time coming up with Persona 5 Royal wrapping up for me.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone planning to make a review thread and/or OT for this? It seems like it could really use the visibility.