BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
donny%27s_theme_cover.png

Tokyo Ghoul is one of the worst television shows ever made but...at the time, I had hope Himeno might have survived given her supernatural defeat...

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the visuals were a bit wonky (especially in regards to how Kitana Man looks and moves) but they absolutely nailed the atompshere and story importance of this part from the manga. Shit is about be cranked up to 11 from here on out.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
When this series first started in Jump, I recall seeing people going "oh god, it's the Fire Punch guy? Everyone better brace themselves, because this is even half as crazy as FP, hooo boy...."

This is what they were talking about. Fujimoto in his element
I read FP when I was in the arc after this one of CSM....
I'm still not over whatever the hell happened in that manga.
It's....a lot.

every time I felt like maybe it was going to end up alright....
Clearly wasn't reading THAT type of manga.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the visuals were a bit wonky (especially in regards to how Kitana Man looks and moves) but they absolutely nailed the atompshere and story importance of this part from the manga. Shit is about be cranked up to 11 from here on out.

Fox devil was hella weird looking especially when compared to how it was showed in the teaser from a year ago.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I haven't been this speechless from an episode since AoT ep 21.

That was one of the greatest episodes of TV ever made.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best episode of anything i've seen this year.

Unreal quality and execution.

It's a shame its only a single cour for now because the pace gets absolutely unreal from now on.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Funny story.

So we're at the finale of the episode. A few minutes earlier, the gardener showed up and was getting ready to do work. On screen everything goes silent, Aki turns around, and I hear the sound of a chainsaw being started outside. Three more pulls of the cord while the episode ends, and the moment the ED starts, the chainsaw revs to life.

Today is a good day.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well……fuck.

Looks like we're in for a wild ride. This episode got an audible reaction out of me multiple times.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Wow, I'd go so far to say that they did it better than the manga. Incredible adaptation. The scene pacing and music really drew out the best parts of this chapter. Even though I'd already seen it, I still cried.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Being honest, when i read this scene on the manga, i kept checking tp see if i hadnt loaded up the wrong chapter

Yep, this is the one that really dragged me into the story. I can remember where I was reading the manga chapter and being super thankful that I got into the series after the first part had ended so I could binge the rest.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll start reading the manga. All the hype around this series was well-deserved.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was really good. I hadn't expected that at all. I was really unsure about this show, despite there being elements I liked, but I think this episode made me a believer.