TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I find it intresting that Asa doesn't really beleive that Denji had it rough when i was younger (thinking it was just a metaphor), she may not beleive it but i think Denji needs to tell his full story to Asa if they want to move foward.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say it again.. I know it is an unpopular thing to say but the pacing in part 2 is really not for me. Waiting a week or more for that chapter is just meh

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Asa and Denji really need to sit down and talk. She knows pretty much nothing about his past and what he went through. Denji pretty much sees being Chainsaw Man as an upgrade to being homeless and hungry (he's not wrong).
Well, then there's the situation with him not knowing about Yor.

I find it intresting that Asa doesn't really beleive that Denji had it rough when i was younger (thinking it was just a metaphor), she may not beleive it but i think Denji needs to tell his full story to Asa if they want to move foward.
I also don't think Asa has the capacity to understand metaphors.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to compare since I didn't read Part 1 weekly, but what I can say about Part 2 so far is that reading the chapters in chunks when a new volume comes out feels a lot better than reading a new chapter every one or two weeks. Reading each new chapter when it comes out is fun for reactions but the actual pacing of the story works much better when it's binged

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
disc-chainsaw-man-ch-165-links-v0-jc19h6dmve0d1.jpeg
Oh god, the Sloppy Blowjob Devil shit is about to be meme'd into reality.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I lost it at "Chainsaw Woman." Katana Man is a fucking riot.

It's pretty sad though that Denji's life was so shit that he isn't capable of understanding that having a normal life doesn't mean going back to eating toilet paper to survive.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'm honestly just kinda...bored with Part 2. It's a bit of a letdown to me personally. It feels like it's been aimlessly spinning it's wheels the last few chapters.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, this pacing is not it

I kinda wish Fujimoto would take more breaks and give us longer chapters

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Part 2 is better binged since each chapter feels like half a chapter, the anime will be a better experience when we get 3 to 4 chapters adapted per episode

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the slow pacing of Part 2 is meant to contrast the fast pacing of Part 1. It's a bold choice and I'm into it so far.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say it again.. I know it is an unpopular thing to say but the pacing in part 2 is really not for me. Waiting a week or more for that chapter is just meh
It's less of a pacing issue for me since i was reading it from the beginning, more that the manga honestly haven't been interesting for a long time, last time it was interesting was around the cook/Falling devil, since they shift focus to Denji and let Asa be missing for a while it was just whatever and kinda aimless, binge read wouldn't help when what i feel like entire arcs are meh, it's been that way for about a year now.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
my review of chainsaw man if we are giving our opinions. is everything till the falling devil is fun. Everything until Asa starts to save denji was not that fun.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
my review of chainsaw man if we are giving our opinions. is everything till the falling devil is fun. Everything until Asa starts to save denji was not that fun.
This is closer to where I'm at. Things are a little too intentionally anti-climatic and Asa's just left off screen for some of what seems like her most interesting developments.

I've been loving everything after Chainsaw Man's home was attacked (and all the animals survived).

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Character development is Denji being immediately suspicious of how much Fami knows.

Next chapter Asa is going to be hilarious (or terrible or both). She's going to jump in-between being disgusted by the brothel idea, thinking she's better than the sex workers and being indignant that Denji would want it when Asa's right there.

Meanwhile Fami:

View: https://youtu.be/xf-yB1i6KEo?si=A9AvUu3VK5HgG4HU

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Next chapter Asa is going to be hilarious (or terrible or both). She's going to jump in-between being disgusted by the brothel idea, thinking she's better than the sex workers and being indignant that Denji would want it when Asa's right there.

best part of this is that I can clearly imagine it in my head lol

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also enjoying Asa showing how she's fucked up due to bad influences in her life too
GNjF_uqXsAAH3Xh

GNjF_usXcAEHR-V

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Kinda my thoughts. I think off-screening some of Asa's biggest developments was a mistake and the arcs in between the two you mentioned felt somewhat aimless and too anti-climactic. I get Fujimoto might not be interested in drawing fights anymore but it felt like every chapter was setting something up just for it to be humorously brushed aside in the next chapter. I like anti-climax writing (Togashi used it a lot in HxH) but it was too much and one after the other.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Kobeni showing up would be kinda funny since from Katana Man's perspective, she's the devil hunter who showed up & solo'd him lol

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with part 2 is that everything up to "Save me, Chainsaw Man!" is the best shonen action manga I've ever read in my life. Everything after that is merely "good, sometimes great" in comparison. I'm still enjoying it, but the quality of the character development, plot, pacing, art, paneling, and everything else has gone down since then, while nearly every single chapter of early part 2 floored me.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Kinda my thoughts. I think off-screening some of Asa's biggest developments was a mistake and the arcs in between the two you mentioned felt somewhat aimless and too anti-climactic. I get Fujimoto might not be interested in drawing fights anymore but it felt like every chapter was setting something up just for it to be humorously brushed aside in the next chapter. I like anti-climax writing (Togashi used it a lot in HxH) but it was too much and one after the other.

I don't want to come off rude, but did you really not get anything climatic out of the whole burning house showdown? It's an insanely pivotal moment in Denji's story.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I've said it a few times before, but outside of Chainsaw Man (and Ruri Dragon recently). I don't read a lot of Manga as it's happening.
So I can see the frustration here (As there are some elements being ignored such as more clarification that could be happening on events we haven't seen).

With that said, it just feels like the nature of the beast with how the releases are set and how they can vary in length (With most being very short imo).
I think a lot of Part 2 is going to work a lot better once adapted. Though I do wonder if some aspects might be purposefully getting ignored to either be made into OVAs/Movie

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
With that said, it just feels like the nature of the beast with how the releases are set and how they can vary in length (With most being very short imo).
I think a lot of Part 2 is going to work a lot better once adapted. Though I do wonder if some aspects might be purposefully getting ignored to either be made into OVAs/Movie

This would be an odd mentality for Fujimoto to have

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I think serialized storytelling is hard and he just fucked up the pacing and took ages to wrap up the most recent arc with denji. While more things can happen to denji as a character he is kind of figured out. He was more fun in early part 2 where you got to see him from multiple outside perspectives. Almost every manga on a short schedule eventually fucks up its pacing as it goes on. as an artist I think he has too much repsect for his medium to withhold information for theoretical adaptations.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Zero problems with Part 2 so far. Consistently good quality while being nothing super outstanding. The art definitely fluctuates a lot, even if he takes breaks, seems he is just tired of putting in the work at 100% for most panels every time. Usually artists get better and better over time. His proportions etc. are looking more wonky than not majority of the time instead. But then you get super detailed and awesome spreads out of nowhere.

Then again, people hyped up Part 1 before I read it to high heaven and it didn't blow me away. It was really good, but even the emotional beats everyone kept praising didn't get me like for example Look Back did. There I ugly cried. Not even deaths of Power and Aki hit me as hard.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
What an absolute rollercoaster of a chapter, comedy to drama to comedy; chef's kiss.

Denji finally realizing that he has been thinking with his dick was both extremely cathartic and depressing.

Also, won't his dick just grow back, what's the point in cutting it off?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What an absolute rollercoaster of a chapter, comedy to drama to comedy; chef's kiss.

Denji finally realizing that he has been thinking with his dick was both extremely cathartic and depressing.

Also, won't his dick just grow back, what's the point in cutting it off?

Listen, Asa (and Yoru) cannot sanction Denji's buffonery