• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
mode%2B7.gif

I can hear this gif

Jan 10, 2018
FFIX because it has a unique fairy tale like setting that felt very refreshing. It also has the best art style and soundtrack. It only lacks in terms of its battle system but everything else is peak FF.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
FFXIV. ARR is a little rough (would have dropped if it weren't for the ShB praise keeping me going) but after finishing EW a few weeks ago it is easily top 4 of all time, and without a doubt my favorite FF

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of IX, FFT and VI answers in this thread are very disappointing to me.

I consider those three to be the best, I also like the original VII quite a bit. If you forced me to choose one of them only, I'd pick IX.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
FF IX still. FF XIV is really good, but I need more time before I can rank it between older games.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
9--no hesitation.

That may change if I ever get through 14, but I have to see what all the hubbub is about Endwalker.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Did you really have to smash every FF title together OP ?

finger-pushing-enter-black-button-picture-id545581076

Final Fantasy VI & VII

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
XIV, hands down. I have much more nostalgia for earlier titles but XIV has risen so far above the rest of the series it's incredible.

This. Tactics is probably a close 2nd. Nostalgia for FF7 but the remake dampens that. Outside of XIV you can dump the last 20 years of Final Fantasy into the void and nothing of value is lost.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
FFXIV in it's totality is probably one of my top five games of all time. I don't even care about FF outside of it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
With all spin offs it's Tactics not even a hard question. I think it's harder if you limit me to just mainline as I flip between V and IX as my favorite.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
That's an easy 7 for me

The right amount of awe and whimsy you never forget your first

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have some nostalgia for III on the ds, but XIV is easily one of my favorite games of all time so that wins for me.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As long as all of the expansions are included, Final Fantasy XIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.