Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Always think that the protagonist of Beneath a Steel Sky had a Chaplin moustache:
beneath-vein-melter.png

beneath-danger.png

Instead it was just a sprite limitation:
beneath-many-ways-to-die.png

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I'm watching Easy Allies stream Trials of Mana and just realized what the dwarves are for the first time

Eu4igZw.png

I always thought that the skull helmet covered their whole head and they looked through the eye holes -- the skin-colored batch of pixels in the middle would be their lower jaw beneath the skull mask.

That skin cluster is their nose, and what I thought was their chest armor is actually their mustache and beard. It's really messing with me.

There are like 9 threads this could've gone into.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I thought when I was younger that he was black and the eyes were his beard, and the blue above his face a bandana.

There had to be a portrait in game that showed him as a ninja but I feel like I had that idea of him the whole playthrough
Oh my god, he's not a black guy?

Wow how did I not see that as a kid lol

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Always thought the Bullet Bill from Super Mario Bros. was smiling but it's actually its arm. I still can't unsee it tbh.

c9e981356fa8144.png

1200px-BulletBillMK8.png

i thought the arm was actually the other eye that was falling off.

when i got SMW originally, i didn't have the manual since it was a hand it down from my sister. all i had was the in-game sprites to look at.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Wow, I'm watching Easy Allies stream Trials of Mana and just realized what the dwarves are for the first time

Eu4igZw.png

I always thought that the skull helmet covered their whole head and they looked through the eye holes -- the skin-colored batch of pixels in the middle would be their lower jaw beneath the skull mask.

That skin cluster is their nose, and what I thought was their chest armor is actually their mustache and beard. It's really messing with me.

There are like 9 threads this could've gone into.
I thought the same up until I read this

They looked better before I knew how they really looked, thank for ruining them for me :(

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
People see Abobo (Double Dragon) having a mustache, whether thin or thick.
While I can see that, but I mainly see him with big frowning face because it seems better for him to not have a facial hair.

He+looks+like+abobo+from+double+dragon+_48bffa19ce1264b700d9da42fe8a5cfa.jpg

But isn't it?

It's definitely not a mustache.

double-dragon-mode-b2_orig.jpg

Here's two dumb ones that I bothered to MSpaint

The item "box" in Snowboard Kids had that thing on top
snowboardkids.png

It's supposed to be a mini version of the dog shopkeeper
tumblr-o1716t5-Z281tu022ro1-500.png

Best I could make out was some horrible goblin face. I had no idea what else it could be and I couldn't see it any other way
goblinface.png

Then in Mega Man 5 you have these missle enemies
Mm5missilesprite.png

That's supposed to be a pair of angry eyes in the center there
Mm5-mizzile.png

I never noticed those eyes and thought I was looking at some sort of dopey conehead robot that had amputated arms and detailed chest area for some reason.
rocketface.png

This is one of the best ones I've seen in awhile. Thank you!