Oct 25, 2017
Since so many people are mentioning XV, and I admit this is 5000% into fanfic territory, buuut...

Noctis and Prompto totally have a thing and need to let go of it because Noct is getting married for political reasons. This is fact.

But to be honest, this is like the one example of a situation where it's better for everyone to be just friends in canon. It's so rare to get a game about male camaraderie, about men who deeply care for each other with no stupid rivalries or whatever. It felt really fresh.

But Noctis and Prompto totally had a thing.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since so many people are mentioning XV, and I admit this is 5000% into fanfic territory, buuut...

Noctis and Prompto totally have a thing and need to let go of it because Noct is getting married for political reasons. This is fact.

But to be honest, this is like the one example of a situation where it's better for everyone to be just friends in canon. It's so rare to get a game about male camaraderie, about men who deeply care for each other with no stupid rivalries or whatever. It felt really fresh.

But Noctis and Prompto totally had a thing.
Friendship is like cool and all, but its not oppressed so i can deal with it not stealing gay representation away.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I think another addition to the Chris debate is that they've sorta gone out of their way to cut out any confirmation on things despite making dialog for it. Such as the cut voice lines in RE5.

He's literally the only RE character with this conversation around them lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Friendship is like cool and all, but its not oppressed so i can deal with it not stealing gay representation away.
Well, it's obviously nowhere near gay representation, but just the fact that a LOT of people react to their friendship with disgust and even homophobic slurs show that it's still important that men get portrayed as emotionally vulnerable and caring even without romantic interest.

But yeah, it's nothing compared to the endless gaybaiting Capcom does with Chris.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I think another addition to the Chris debate is that they've sorta gone out of their way to cut out any confirmation on things despite making dialog for it. Such as the cut voice lines in RE5.

I think at this point, Capcom decided to just not confirm anything because they know they'll get backlash eitherway. Chris is stuck as an asexual brick for the rest of his life now.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The true FFXV pair is Cor and Gladiolus.

This is an official image from the FF twitter account.

Z8MUHnC.jpg

Pray tell, what's the difference between Jill having sexy costumes and Chris having sexy costumes.
That Jill's costumes are meant to appeal to straight men, while Chris's costumes are meant to appeal to gay men. No other male RE character is sexualized the way Chris is, with intense homoerotic imagery. Every single female character is sexualized because gaming is primarily created by and for straight men.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I think the "everyone knows" segment of the thread title is throwing people for a loop. Guess some subtext seems more obvious to others but costumes or fake letters seems like a stretch.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And this conversation has been going fir over a decade and is loud. They've had every chance since 5 to deny it in any way and theyve done literally nothing to dissuade anyone.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's wild that Fire Emblem Heroes gave us Valentines editions of Ike and Soren, but none of their lines even reference each other.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the "everyone knows" segment of the thread title is throwing people for a loop. Guess some subtext seems more obvious to others but costumes or fake letters seems like a stretch.
I mean, straight isnt a default. Hes never showed any romantic emotions toward any women and the one character hes ever shown to be emotionally vulnerable for is Piers in 6.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignis put everything on the line for his man King and some people are saying Promptis is the better ship? Tragic indeed.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
That Jill's costumes are meant to appeal to straight men, while Chris's costumes are meant to appeal to gay men. No other male RE character is sexualized the way Chris is, with intense homoerotic imagery. Every single female character is sexualized because gaming is primarily created by and for straight men.
Yes and, again, it's called fanservice. The costumes are completely removed from their personalities, unless you think Chris and Jill moonlight on a pirate ship when they are not killing BOWs.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I think that's ... not in the spirit of "everyone knows" of the thread title given the pushback. You can have subtext but I don't think Chris's is as universal as you think.
Many people would disagree with that IMO. Queer people are much more in tune with subtext since we've been forced to live with it due to homophobia and cowardice.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's ... not in the spirit of "everyone knows" of the thread title given the pushback. You can have subtext but I don't think Chris's is as universal as you think.
Chris is literally an icon in the gayming community. To gays its widespread, and thats the people it matters most for.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, straight isnt a default. Hes never showed any romantic emotions toward any women and the one character hes ever shown to be emotionally vulnerable for is Piers in 6.
I mean....
E7383813C029FBF3928013F12EE583E767483F70

Capcom not making Jill and Chris have a romantic relationship was always a really nice touch. Compared to say Leon, who has romantic tension with like, every adult woman he comes into contact with.

Bengraven