OP
OP
Unknownlight

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone have the time and patience to work out which 100 games Guinness is counting? I'd be curious to see the list.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Are there that many people(or any other person at all) that have been credited in 100 or more games out there?

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
There's over 100 Mario games and that's excluding all the old ones without voiceovers ? jfc. Cool to be acknowledged for it at least.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Well, he didn't start voicing Mario until just before the N64 era in an educational spinoff, so he missed a lot of the early stuff. He's probably voiced Mario in just about every game he's appeared in since, but 100 games is a lot even if you are Mr. Video Game himself.
He originally played Mario at trade shows for a few years before that.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I can't imagine if there's anything else comparable. Honestly surprised there isn't more than 100 at this point, I wonder if they count ports like NSMBU Deluxe and other spinoffs that probably just grab voice clips from a massive bank?

I imagine so, considering Ultimate continues reusing Brawl's Mario clips.

I had the same reaction, otherwise; I mean, just 100? He's such a ubiquitous, bigger-than-life character that it feels infinite.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many "lines" are that really?

Roger Clark, who voiced Arthur Morgan, has probably recorded more lines for RDR2 than Martinet in those 100 Mario games.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Well maybe get your eyes checked, cus if you bother to count it's way more than 100 games on that list.

Duh.

He's obviously not the voice in Mario 1 dude. He would only be in games around the time of Mario 64 and after, and even then Mario isn't in every single game/doesn't have a voice in them all.

Yeah, but it compensated by his role as Wario (i.e. Wario Ware series)

But this says specifically Mario.

----------

I guess I skimmed too fast cuz counting every game on that list after Mario 64 got me to about 150ish. But some of these games are NES Remix, Picross, Minecraft, etc soooooo obviously his voice isn't in all of these.

But I will assume they did their due diligence and counted the 100 times he actually voiced Mario.

Still weird that Smash Ultimate happened to be his 100th.

Last edited:

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I met Charles Martinet and he was a real asshole

just kidding. He was a delightful man. Well deserved!

Feb 10, 2018
Whenever I see this guy all I can think about is his conan interview.
I mean the fun that could be had with that voice in the bedroom, lol.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Julien Bardakoff voiced him in a few of the early N64 era games (Mario Kart 64 Japanese release, Mario Party 1 and 2, Mario Kart Super Circuit).

If he doesn't that's some straight-up bullshit. He's done lengthy dialogue as Mario before.
Dude acts as Mario & Luigi at Nintendo events all around the world.

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish he branched out more in his roles. When he does something different, he is amazing.

He fucking stole the show in Resonance of Fate and he was only in it for a few cutscenes

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Whenever I see this guy all I can think about is his conan interview.

QS0GNhDeSgg3MD7AuIhWemzrvR0=.gif

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I googled AniHawk's story:

it was e3 11 and i can't remember the exact circumstances... i think i was going in and he (Charles Martinet) was going out, and after he finished washing his hands he threw a paper towel in the trash and said something like 'wahoo!' like mario.

That's awesome
:v

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Dang, Charles Martinet has voiced a lot of Mario games, I'd be hard-pressed to name one hundred Mario games post-SNES. Congrats to him!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping to share the video Guinness made for his achievement.

Man is a bundle of joy and fun just like the character he voices.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
He originally played Mario at trade shows for a few years before that.

I was there! He was hilarious, and the tech was mind blowing at the time. I remember him singing "I ain't got nobody" (no body). Cracked my little kid self up. And it made seeing the head in MARIO 64 sorta nostalgic.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was there! He was hilarious, and the tech was mind blowing at the time. I remember him singing "I ain't got nobody" (no body). Cracked my little kid self up. And it made seeing the head in MARIO 64 sorta nostalgic.
So he was using his Mario Teaches Typing jokes even before that game's release. Interesting.