• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
www.youtube.com

Charli XCX - Von dutch (Official Video)

Charli XCX - Von dutchStream: Von dutch: https://charlixcx.lnk.to/VondutchIDPre-order BRAT: https://charlixcx.lnk.to/StoreIDPre-save BRAT: https://charlixcx....

Charli-XCX-Brat.jpg

pitchfork.com

Charli XCX Announces New Album Brat

The British pop singer drops her Crash follow-up in the summer

Charli XCX is coming back. The British pop singer has announced the title of her next album, also sharing its track total and runtime. The 15-song new album, Brat, clocks in at 41 minutes and 23 seconds, and it drops in the summer.

On X, Charli XCX recently called Brat "a club record." She also wrote, "i was born to make dance music.. i came from the clubs.. xcx6 is the album i've always wanted to make."

(Yes, that is the album cover. Low resolution included.)

Digging the first single. It's definitely a return to the a more electric/hyperpop sound after the Janet-influenced Crash.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
New single is fun and we will see how the album is but so far nothing will top True Romance for me. Although Pop 2 had a ton of jams too.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be great of course. That said I don't think she's at all headed in a hyper pop direction. That part of her basically died when she broke up with Huck. This feels like it's nostalgia tapping into 2010s electropop

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'll be the dissenter here, Von Dutch sucks.

Production is boring. Lyrics are completely vapid and repetitive but without any real fun or bite like her best party tracks. I Got It swung for the same kind of vibe ages ago and is so much better that it's almost unbelievable they're coming from the same artist. On top of it all, there's that nasty business with Rina that's kind of made Charli's persona look less "crass party girl" and more "genuinely unpleasant."

It's all just a really bad start to this era for me and I'm one of the bigger Charli fans around. This is legitimately the first song featuring her that I've ever disliked, In The City included.

I really hope there's better stuff on the way (clips from her live performance of the song about Sophie sounded fantastic to me) but yeah, Von Dutch is a total misfire for me.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to this now. On the headphones, it's only alright. It's mildly catchy, not bad.

But if I get out of my analytical brain for a sec, on a soundsystem this thing'll do some fucking damage

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be the dissenter here, Von Dutch sucks.

Production is boring. Lyrics are completely vapid and repetitive but without any real fun or bite like her best party tracks. I Got It swung for the same kind of vibe ages ago and is so much better that it's almost unbelievable they're coming from the same artist. On top of it all, there's that nasty business with Rina that's kind of made Charli's persona look less "crass party girl" and more "genuinely unpleasant."

It's all just a really bad start to this era for me and I'm one of the bigger Charli fans around. This is legitimately the first song featuring her that I've ever disliked, In The City included.

I really hope there's better stuff on the way (clips from her live performance of the song about Sophie sounded fantastic to me) but yeah, Von Dutch is a total misfire for me.

What happened with Rina?

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
yeesh. this one kinda sucks. it's trying to give number 1 angel without the production quality.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What happened with Rina?
Charli had unfollowed Rina everywhere a few months ago. Once fans noticed, she tweeted this:

View: https://twitter.com/buzzingpop/status/1696654498993766800?s=46&t=aoXrcU5xGcUeyCi4e4eDmw

As for why she unfollowed her…
Rina has openly bashed The 1975 frontman for the insensitive remarks and has not minced words. "This song goes out to a white man who watches Ghetto Gaggers and mocks Asian people on a podcast," Rina said during a performance in Glastonbury. "He also owns my masters. I've had enough!"

Charli's fiancé, George Daniel, is a member of The 1975.
Once all this went viral, Charli tweeted this:

View: https://twitter.com/charli_xcx/status/1696946312846127514?s=46&t=aoXrcU5xGcUeyCi4e4eDmw
Following this, Rina was silent on social media for a while. In the interim, Charli's mentioned the conflict in a recent interview talking about her upcoming album, saying:
Charli says unfollowing Rina "was over a personal disagreement between friends" and that "it wasn't even a falling out, we're good". She's quick to say Rina never asked her to take sides. But she acknowledges "the masters conversation annoyed me and I told [Rina]".

It's common for record labels to own artists' masters, which hold the copyright to original recordings of their music. But the subject has become the source of emotionally charged discussion among fanbases, perhaps because of Taylor Swift's highly publicised dispute over the ownership of her first six albums.

When Charli signed a five-album deal with Atlantic aged 16, she owned about 15 per cent of her masters and the label owned the rest. "I've been in a position for a long period where I didn't own a lot of the music that I made, so it's hard for me to see that word [masters] being weaponised when it's not the case," she says of an ownership setup that is, by and large, standard industry practice.

With Crash she fulfilled her Atlantic deal after nearly 15 years and re-signed with the label. She talked to Interscope but realised more of her masters would be kept if she stayed with Atlantic. She's emphatic that the decision to stay was "not in any way because I was backed into a corner to do so, or because I'm a victim. That [narrative] really bothers me." The Swift debacle is "really unfair" but not representative of the situation faced by most artists, not least herself. "I don't want people to be like 'Oh my God, they trapped her because they own her masters.' Like, yeah, they own my masters – that's a fucking record deal. That's what they're paying for."

Finally, about a week ago, Rina came back to social media and said, among other things:
"I've been lucky to have found ways to keep my business afloat and support myself as well as my team, but when it comes to new music I can't release another album under my current conditions. I feel really trapped and don't know what to do."
She also gave an interview for The Independent's piece on misogyny in the music industry where she said:
"Since summer last year, I've felt intense racist misogyny in a way that I've never felt before. In public and private I feel as though I've been repeatedly gaslit, disrespected, ignored, even cyber-bullied for calling out blatant racist and sexist behaviour." She continued, saying "It's horrifying seeing how the forts around men get built overnight and the techniques used to try to discredit and confuse the narrative. It's been wild to see men and women around me turn."

So all in all, it's very, very messy and it seems Charli's comfortable going to bat for Matty Healy publicly while her (former?) friend feels so burdened by his racist and sexist behavior and actions that she doesn't even feel comfortable working on new music under contract with his label. Gross, gross stuff.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Brat will be released June 7th. Tracklist:
variety.com

Charli XCX Drops New Singles ‘Club Classics’ and ‘B2b’ Alongside ‘Brat’ Release Date and Tracklist

Charli XCX has dropped two new singles, 'Club Classics' and 'B2b,' from her forthcoming sixth album 'Brat.'
  1. "360"
  2. "Club Classics"
  3. "Sympathy Is a Knife"
  4. "I Might Say Something Stupid"
  5. "Talk Talk"
  6. "Von Dutch"
  7. "Everything Is Romantic"
  8. "Rewind"
  9. "So I"
  10. "Girl, So Confusing"
  11. "Apple"
  12. "B2b"
  13. "Mean Girls"
  14. "I Think About It All the Time"
  15. "365"
Pre-order/pre-save link: https://charlixcx.lnk.to/BRAT

Spotify countdown page has the track lengths:
open.spotify.com

BRAT

Charli XCX · Album · 2024 · 15 Songs

And two new songs out now:

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/1SVYaK0V3lULwQ0rtnrIy3

Last edited:

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Instant classic.

Honestly feel like this could be her best since Pop 2. Not that she's ever really disappointed but these have been some of my favorite pre-album singles.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Damn Gessafelstein ate on B2b. Club Classics doesn't hit as hard as whatever remixes were featured in the Boiler Room set.

Here's hoping we get a full brat remix album.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
Charli just announced North American arena tour dates with Troye Sivan. Shygirl will open on all dates:
Tickets for the "Sweat" tour go on presale April 25 at 10 a.m. local time. General tickets will be available on April 26 at 10 a.m. local time. Advance presale registration is available now at sweat-tour.com.
  • Sept. 14 – Detroit, Mich. – Little Caesars Arena
  • Sept. 16 – Laval, Quebec – Place Bell
  • Sept. 18 – Toronto, Ontario – Scotiabank Arena
  • Sept. 20 – Columbus, Ohio – Nationwide Arena
  • Sept. 23 – New York, N.Y. – Madison Square Garden
  • Sept. 25 – Philadelphia, Penn. – Wells Fargo Center
  • Sept. 26 – Baltimore, Md. – CFG Bank Arena
  • Sept. 28 – Boston, Mass. – TD Garden
  • Sept. 30 – Chicago, Ill. – United Center
  • Oct. 2 – Nashville, Tenn. – Bridgestone Arena
  • Oct. 3 – Atlanta, Ga. – State Farm Arena
  • Oct. 5 – Miami, Fla. – Kaseya Center
  • Oct. 6 – Orlando, Fla. – Kia Center
  • Oct. 9 – Dallas, Texas – American Airlines Center
  • Oct. 11 – Denver, Colo. – Ball Arena
  • Oct. 13 – Phoenix, Ariz. – Footprint Center
  • Oct. 15 – Los Angeles, Calif. – Kia Forum
  • Oct. 18 – San Diego, Calif. – Viejas Arena
  • Oct. 20 – San Francisco, Calif. – Chase Center
  • Oct. 22 – Portland, Ore. – Moda Center
  • Oct. 23 – Seattle, Wash. – Climate Pledge Arena
variety.com

Charli XCX and Troye Sivan Team Up for ‘Sweat’ Arena Tour, Including Madison Square Garden Show

Charli XCX and Troye Sivan are hitting the road together on the 'Sweat' arena tour, including a stop at Madison Square Garden.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Charli just announced North American arena tour dates with Troye Sivan. Shygirl will open on all dates:

• Sept. 14 – Detroit, Mich. – Little Caesars Arena
  • Sept. 16 – Laval, Quebec – Place Bell
  • Sept. 18 – Toronto, Ontario – Scotiabank Arena
  • Sept. 20 – Columbus, Ohio – Nationwide Arena
  • Sept. 23 – New York, N.Y. – Madison Square Garden
  • Sept. 25 – Philadelphia, Penn. – Wells Fargo Center
  • Sept. 26 – Baltimore, Md. – CFG Bank Arena
  • Sept. 28 – Boston, Mass. – TD Garden
  • Sept. 30 – Chicago, Ill. – United Center
  • Oct. 2 – Nashville, Tenn. – Bridgestone Arena
  • Oct. 3 – Atlanta, Ga. – State Farm Arena
  • Oct. 5 – Miami, Fla. – Kaseya Center
  • Oct. 6 – Orlando, Fla. – Kia Center
  • Oct. 9 – Dallas, Texas – American Airlines Center
  • Oct. 11 – Denver, Colo. – Ball Arena
  • Oct. 13 – Phoenix, Ariz. – Footprint Center
  • Oct. 15 – Los Angeles, Calif. – Kia Forum
  • Oct. 18 – San Diego, Calif. – Viejas Arena
  • Oct. 20 – San Francisco, Calif. – Chase Center
  • Oct. 22 – Portland, Ore. – Moda Center
  • Oct. 23 – Seattle, Wash. – Climate Pledge Arena
variety.com

Charli XCX and Troye Sivan Team Up for ‘Sweat’ Arena Tour, Including Madison Square Garden Show

Charli XCX and Troye Sivan are hitting the road together on the 'Sweat' arena tour, including a stop at Madison Square Garden.
Holy fucking shit! I can't wait to get the tickets and go in September! I love Shygirl and Charli XCX. Troye Sivan is a great co-headliner too.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Damn, absolutely wild to be pulling out the arena tour. Going to shoot for one of those early October dates. Definitely feels like pit or bust for this one.

Gonna need Shygirl to go ahead and do Alias in full.

Last edited: