• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
UPDATE:

PSA: Check your emails with discount codes, you can get more than 1 code in the same email upon viewing the email as a webpage.

Codes expire today at 11:59 PST, Everyone who got one check for extra codes!

Hope people start sharing the extra code on their emails maybe they could add this to the OT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7wzw5r/psa_check_your_emails_with_discount_codes_you_can/

------------------------------------------------

Check your email/newsletter (NA)! Just received an email with a 20% code.

Expires 2/12

Shadow for the Colossus remake get

*Fine print*
†Receive 20% off one transaction made on PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or the online store (store.playstation.com ) until February 12, 2018. Does not apply to transactions made on PlayStation Store on PS Vita, PlayStation TV, PSP or in-game. Some exclusions apply, including but not limited to PS Plus memberships, subscriptions, game pre-orders, PS Now content, Spotify subscription on PlayStation Music, and rental video content. Code must be redeemed at checkout and discounted transaction completed before 11:59 PM PT on February 12, 2018.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Oct 25, 2017
I never get these mythical discount codes ever and I'm signed up for it and everything.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Just got one in my inbox. The coupon is in an email with a subject "[PSN Username], see what's new this week". 20% off redeemed in cart. Expires 2/13.

I'm not sure if this applies to all PS users or is specific to the US (which is where my account is based).

Happy weekend friends!

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, first one I've got. Looks like the thing it asked me to register for WAS the newsletter.

If there are any foreigners using US accounts - anyone else got a 404 page from the email link since it tried to open an US thing on the local Playstation website? It asked to log in to register for something.
Was it actually that newsletter registration, or is that just the same thing that is in account settings? Because it wasn't very descriptive.
(that was about the end-of-year summary. Maybe it'll still work?)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
And if course I won't get one. Cause PlayStation Support or even their Twitter account is absolutely useless when it comes to this kind of stuff.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
How do people get this stuff? I opted in for email.
But all I got in my email are SoC and MH W ads spam instead.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, i sadly won't be able to use mine in time so quote to reveal!

EDIT: Appears the code has been used.

Please do let me know when you've used it so i can update this post so we don't waste someone elses time or get their hopes up.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I got this one. I wonder if I've just been missing these in the past. Do they always come with the "see what's new this week" in the subject?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I got this one. I wonder if I've just been missing these in the past. Do they always come with the "see what's new this week" in the subject?
Yes, or things like that. It won't specify its for a coupon, the coupon will just be a part of the promotional email. Its why its always worth checking all of them (and i'm assuming thats why they do it that way, so we read them all).
How do people get this stuff? I opted in for email.
But all I got in my email are SoC and MH W ads spam instead.
This is in the "See whats new this week" email.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Bla, I won't even bother to check my mail. I never get those codes...

**checks email hoping for the best**

As I was saying, I won't bother checking... :'(

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Well, if anyone doesn't want theirs, I would be very happy if you would let me have it please.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I never get these codes. Should I be subscribed to some service and/or newsletter to be eligible? I get the firmware beta invites semi regularly, I'm a PS+ subscriber, and I've gone mostly digital this gen so I spend a lot on the PS store... What am I doing wrong?!

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
Just paid for a couple games yesterday so of course I get my first 20% coupon email. Ugh. I'll probably just pre-order God of War and Yakuza 6 I guess.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
I do not get it. I get emails from Sony and Playstation but never these specific ones ever :/

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Got one!

That said, can someone explain to me why some people never get these emails? I have a friend who is always left out.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Never get one, not a single email. I have no problem getting store receipts or anything, but when it comes to getting codes I have never got a single one.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Yes, or things like that. It won't specify its for a coupon, the coupon will just be a part of the promotional email. Its why its always worth checking all of them (and i'm assuming thats why they do it that way, so we read them all).

This is in the "See whats new this week" email.

Yeah...no clue what email that is.
PS emails: SotC RM, MH W, 2017 recap.
Just ads, but not the what's news ad.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing, you're making it hard for me to buy stuff from your store Sony. EU btw.

I never get these kind of mails anyways, but boy am I glad they sent one a few hours ago telling me to buy UFC 3. Thanks Sony.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, Sony is sending this out really often lately and I love getting them. Keep up the great customer appreciation Sony.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get newsletters and personalized emails from Sony every few days but I still haven't received a single one of these X% off newsletters. I'd appreciate a code if someone has a spare.

edit: Nevermind, received the newsletter a few minutes later!

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...no clue what email that is.
PS emails: SotC RM, MH W, 2017 recap.
Just ads, but not the what's news ad.
It is really odd that some people don't get all of 'em, be sure to check your account on the playstation store and SEN website and if everything is checked maybe try contacting Sony support through the web chat? It really shouldn't come down to that but it'll only take a few mins and may be worth it as the coupons and promos can sometimes be pretty rad. Good luck :).

Status
Not open for further replies.