LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I'd go to Popeye's over Chik-Fil-A any day of the week. Spicy Tenders w/ mashed potatoes (AKA, chicken and biscuit dip) and a biscuit. So good.

I'm sure it's better at other locations but the one close to me...their service just sucks. I'll have to do some searching for some other chicken places. We usually cook at home but there are those days you just want to go out.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If anyone is interested in an update:

----

BUFFALO, N.Y. — In a three-page letter to the chair of Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority's board, U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow urges the authority to rescind its ban of Chick-fil-A at the Buffalo Airport, saying the restaurant chain would "likely sue the NFTA's members in their official and personal capacities."

"A governmental actor cannot discriminate against a contractor, a private contractor," Kirsanow explained in a phone interview, "for exercising first amendment rights, which includes the right to provide financial support to a cause in which they believe."

Full story here

So the hang up here is if the council-man influenced the decision to reject? Is that why San Antonio is not under scrutiny?

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their business is booming, this might be one of those situations where even bad press, is good. It's exploded in all
Sorts of places that you would not have expected.

That and most people are absolutely clueless. We're friends with a same-sex couple in their late 50's and the one woman shared a news post on FB a few weeks ago about "Chick-Fil-A Rated Highest Quality Fast Food" with some comment about how wonderful they are and how every time she has to choose fast food she goes there and the comments absolutely LIT into her. And these were from her friends on Facebook, not a public comment feed lol. Friends going "Do you have any idea that the people profiting off you hate you and don't want you to exist?". She had no idea about any of it.

I'm just shaking my head at it, thinking "damn I been skipping out on delicious Chick-Fil-A for all these years and the gay couple down the street is getting that goodness all the time absolutely guilt-free...."

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Raising Canes is pretty solid depending on the location in my area. Best part is actually dipping the toast in Cane sauce.

Slim Chicken is better imo. Their tenders are good but my wife likes their wings. The chicken is more moist and the breading is crispy. Sometimes at Canes it's soggy. Fried pickles are really good, too.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i remember i heard a snippet of this interview and it reminded me of this thread

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/26/politics/buttigieg-chick-fil-a/index.html

what y'all think about this. i've been super into buttigieg since his CNN town hall, and i feel like he gave an answer that most people (inc. me) can probably relate to. (don't worry i don't eat at chik-fil-a anymore cuz there's a hot chicken place that's 100x better and open on sundays.)

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I did pickle brine chicken on the grill yesterday just to show Chik Fil A i could do without their homophobic asses.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never eaten at Chick fil a, they use peanut oil which i'm allergic to. I prefer my local shop for chicken.

Worth noting, I'm deathly allergic to peanuts but can eat peanut oil. The refining process used for peanut oil extracts the protein that 99% of those with allergies is affected by so that's why we can eat it.