Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
www.ign.com

Chinese Court Auction Cancelled After Huge Bids for a Rare Yu-Gi-Oh Card - IGN

A Chinese auction for a convict's Yu-Gi-Oh card has been cancelled after it drew bids equivalent to millions of dollars.

As reported by the South China Morning Post, the card in question is a Blue-Eyes White Dragon, contained in a special Yu-Gi-Oh Official Card Game 20th Anniversary frame. It is one of 500 limited edition cards that were released in 2019, and so very rare.

However, the card is currently valued between 200-300,000 yuan (approximately $31-46,000), and so the bidding reaching 87 million yuan ($13.4 million) is far beyond what experts would expected for the card, even among collectors. As such, the auction was suspended, with the auctioneers suspecting foul play.

We all know who did it.

39c52437c792a64a14693fd8b62a93d2.gif

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kaiba's fallen on hard times now that he no longer has an Egyptian God card.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Kaiba would probably challenge xi to a card game for control of China; after taking any goons out using little bits of cardboard. Then, he'd have the card seized from the auctioneer. Finally, he'd start a duel monsters tournament with the winner receiving the blue eyes + $13.4 million. He enters the tournament himself, and despite having a deck nowhere close to being decent against the meta, he manages to win.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My dude has a STADIUM shaped like his favorite character from a card game
latest

tumblr_ohrc3n3H1l1vik702o9_r1_640.jpg

Ya know, I've wanted to ask this question for almost 20 years now:

Kaiba owns the 3 cards, but he doesn't actually own the rights to the Blue Eyes White Dragon's image itself. That would be Pegasus, who created Duel Monsters.

So why the FUCK does Pegasus allow Kaiba, his business rival, to slap the image of his own intellectual property over every fucking thing he owns, does to his fucking Yacht if I remember right?

Pagesus should be suing the pants off of Kaiba...

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Kaiba owns the 3 cards, but he doesn't actually own the rights to the Blue Eyes White Dragon's image itself. That would be Pegasus, who created Duel Monsters.

So why the FUCK does Pegasus allow Kaiba, his business rival, to slap the image of his own intellectual property over every fucking thing he owns, does to his fucking Yacht if I remember right?

In the manga Pegasus dies after his confrontation with Bakura and Kaiba Corp takes over I2

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's a box set with all of them for around $100. This is a single limited edition card
Oh, you mean in real life.

Licensing, El Bom-boy. Kaiba probably props up Pegasus' company singlehandedly.