• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 27, 2020
Today Chris Farley died in 1997. I remember it well and a sad day.

I wonder what he'd be doing now? He would have been 58 now, instead of forever 33.
He would have done Shrek, and it would have been VERY different.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYT5hQR4Q4&t=1s

I am Chris Farley is a great movie about him
gif

B3EYVXKGHBTLKOXUUIJFLQZHRU.jpg

GettyImages-104844633.jpg

What is your favorite moments or movies of his?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
i don't feel glad to have known him, because i didn't. i only feel sad that we've lost him.

we still have his comedy, and a question of what could have been.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
He had a lot of emotion, gone too soon, would have been able to explore that side of his acting more.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Tommy Boy and a lot of his SNL work was great. His bit parts in other movies were fun too.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite Farley moments is from the Pepper Boy sketch where he donned the biggest beard he could find and specifically overacted in an attempt to make Sandler break. You can see Sandler turning his head when Farley speaks because he's laughing his ass off.

View: https://youtu.be/wAFGEBdeDNk?t=288

Oct 25, 2017
He and the rest had an amazing run there, fortunately for me during my formative years. He always seemed way older than 33 to me. Hard livin. Fat guy in a little coat will always be remembered.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Losing him and Phil Hartman so close to eachother was really awful. What could have been so much talent we'll never see :-(

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it would have been fascinating to see his career evolve. Dude had so much energy. I'm convinced that he would have been bigger than ever today.

You could easily imagine him in a Lord & Miller comedy like 21 Jump Street.

Fulcrum

Nov 7, 2022
Saw Adam Sandler just recently and his tribute to Chris brought me to tears. One of the greatest comedic talents of all time.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I remember going to school the morning after finding out and it was just a bunch of really sad middle school kids including myself.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Saw him out with his parents in Madison, WI once. I didn't intrude on their space. But will always remember that fleeting moment of same place/same time with an absolute legend.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't expect that kind of guy to have that amount of energy and physicality. Really funny dude who just didn't realize how many people truly loved him. Tommy boy and Black Sheep will always remain classics. I still remember the day it happened and how it came up on the local news when I was getting ready for my school's annual Christmas pageant. I was the first one in my class to know about it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Still the celebrity death that hit me the hardest. Dude could prat fall like none other:

lol-chris.gif

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
The Schiller Visions: Hidden Camera skit on SNL where he goes ballistic about decaf coffee. That's the first thing I remember about Farley, that hilarious transformation from gentle to enraged that he was so good at.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never found him his work too funny (I really don't find physical comedy funny in general) but it sucks he died so young and he seemed to have a lot of fans and people who loved him

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Dana Carvey and David Spade's podcast has done a two part set of interviews with people who knew him. Have been listening to them the last week, the minder from SNL was pretty amazing.
The story Rob Lowe told on here, in which he witnessed Chris Farley order and eat two porterhouse steaks, while putting an entire pat of butter onto each bite because "it needs a hat" made me laugh a lot, partly due to the absurdity, partly because it was health-obsessed, "my body is a temple" Rob Lowe of all people observing it.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
I've introduced my kids to Matt Foley, motivational speaker. A few months later, when one of my kids was nearly 7 years old, my spouse and they were shopping for a birthday card for me. The young one found the card below and said "I know Daddy will like this one!"

OUcHptw.png

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
I've introduced my kids to Matt Foley, motivational speaker. A few months later, when one of my kids was nearly 7 years old, my spouse and they were shopping for a birthday card for me. The young one found the card below and said "I know Daddy will like this one!"

OUcHptw.png

Well, you peaked as a parent.

This helped inspire the greatest caption in college newspaper history

View: https://twitter.com/ellissk04/status/1562431642291273728

Story of how "Yo soy el Cock Commander" got into a the student newspaper at the University of South Carolina: https://theathletic.com/3539818/2022/08/26/cock-commander-south-carolina-gamecocks/

grang

Nov 13, 2017

OUcHptw.png
Lolllllll I love it!

also posting this because it doesn't seem to have been yet:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2qkhHU0Mw
www.youtube.com

Adam Sandler: 100% Fresh | Chris Farley Tribute [HD] | Netflix Is A Joke

The Sandman remembers his dear friend, comedian Chris Farley.Watch Adam Sandler: 100% Fresh only on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/80224536SUBSCRIBE:...