• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
"Resident Evil is a love-less franchise."

That's an absolute load of bullshit. A sex-less franchise filled by 50 year old virgins, sure, but loveless ? Hell no.

We're talking about the video gaming franchise featuring the man, the myth, the legend : Chris Redfield.

chris-redfield-resident-evil-village.gif

And yes, I said it. Chris is bi. He's had three different lovers in his life.

In Resident Evil 5, Chris takes on a mission in Africa that goes south immediatly, with every BSAA squad in the region getting killed and mutilated. But none of that even faze him, not in the slightest. On the contrary, it makes him even more focused on his objective. An objective that he's willing to die for. He even tries to have Sheva abandon him because he knows that it's crazy, but it's something so dear to him that he'll do anything and go anywhere just for the small chance that it might work.
That objective's name ? His "partner", Jill Valentine, who seemingly died saving him years ago.

chris-redfield-jill-valentine.gif

But Chris never believed the official version, he knew in his heart that she was still alive. So he trained to be better and searched for her for year.
And when he finally finds her and free her from Wesker's grasp, Jill has to convince to go save the world because that dumbass would prefer to stay with Jill instead.
Just look at this.

s75vya0t2or41.jpg

Tell me, is that the words and action of a totally not in-love dude ?

Now, we don't know how Chris and Jill turned out since well, we haven't seen Jill ever since.
But don't worry, that doesn't mean Chris was alone.

Meet his second lover, Piers Nivans.

936336aa541624b3cc5ff358e9fa8820.gif

This time, Chris is the one that need saving.
After a traumatic event, an amnesiac Chris disappear in the wild. And after six month of search, Piers finally found him and start bringing him back to the light.
Soon after, Chris is sent back into hell, where the traumatic event that made him leave starts happening over again. He loses everyone around him and his sanity is slipping, he starts making bad decisions..
But thankfully, Piers is still there to bring him back to the light, to help him every step of the way, to help him remember who he is. Because he believes in him, in his "Captain".
But sadly, for the second time, Chris's love decide to sacrifice himself for him.

tumblr_ohyayfL71p1u2puw2o1_400.gifv

Piers knows his time is up, but Chris can't accept that.
He's screaming, pleading, snorting and crying. But there's nothing he can do.

Tell me, is that the words and action of a totally not in-love dude ?

And in the end, after this two love-full but sex-less adventures, Chris is left with his first love. His one true love.
The one he'll do everything for, the one he's sure to have for the rest of his life. The one he can be sure he's never gonna have to say no to, in the bedroom.

The Mission.

chris-redfield-resi8.gif

This man is the best bi-asexual icon in the gaming world. Hell, in the entire world even.
We can all learn from a man who gives his whole heart but no dick.

tumblr_mkl4uj0KDA1qdxux9o3_500.gifv

E7383813C029FBF3928013F12EE583E767483F70

I don't know what life has still in store for you Chris, but I hope you'll get the sex-less happy ending that you truly deserve.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
chris is gay, that's why there's literally a scene in resident evil 2 remake where claire reads a letter from him where he talks about going on dates with women and she's like "that doesn't sound like chris......"

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Chris's arms in that stealth suit at the end of 8 though. Anyone got pics?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
so any character with no on-screen sex scenes/sexual innuendo can be interpreted as ace?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
chris is gay, that's why there's literally a scene in resident evil 2 remake where claire reads a letter from him where he talks about going on dates with women and she's like "that doesn't sound like chris......"

But he wrote the letter. She probably just didn't know that side of him is what was implied by her comment. Heck, we don't even know that side of him. That said, Piers is the only character I ever really felt he had some sexual tension with. Jill really just seemed like a partner.

so any character with no on-screen sex scenes/sexual innuendo can be interpreted as ace?

Good luck finding canonically ace characters in media. Let people interpret how they choose if it helps them feel represented. They deserve more than that, but this is all they get.

Oct 27, 2017
I already know nothing can change the mind of shippers, so you do you OP. Believe whatever sexuality you want to ascribe to Chris

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on the internet long enough to know that there's nothing Chris won't fuck. And vice versa.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
That writeup is way too much effort for the worst RE main character :/
RE8 Chris could split me in half anyday tho

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

But he wrote the letter. She probably just didn't know that side of him is what was implied by her comment. Heck, we don't even know that side of him. That said, Piers is the only character I ever really felt he had some sexual tension with. Jill really just seemed like a partner.

That letter was a cover-up for his Europe mission for Umbrella. What didn't sound like Chris was the fact that he was having fun in any sort of way.
But yeah, Claire knows that he isn't into any gender sexually.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
That letter was a cover-up for his Europe mission for Umbrella. What didn't sound like Chris was the fact that he was having fun in any sort of way.
But yeah, Claire knows that he isn't into any gender sexually.

Ah, the cover-up thing is legit? Then I am veering gay more than bi, personally. It'd really help if they unfridged Jill for a non-remake entry to show how her relationship with Chris is these days, seriously.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Ah, the cover-up thing is legit? Then I am veering gay more than bi, personally. It'd really help if they unfridged Jill for a non-remake entry to show how her relationship with Chris is these days, seriously.

Honestly, this is all just for fun. I see him as bi but I have no problem that see him as strictly gay.
The letter misconception is just a pet-peeve of mine because a lot of people seems to genuinely miss what it's really about lmao

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I honestly wish Capcom would commit to something like this for him. Like, make him explicitly asexual, bi, gay, or whatever. Having an established, recognizable character be unambiguously queer would be such a nice bit of representation and it's something that basically everyone wants to see anyways.

It would be super disappointing to have like a 10-year flash-forward and see Chris with a wife and kids at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk tho

I hope we get another RE with RE8 Chris.

Bring back REmake 3 Jill, Sheva, Carlos and hell even Billy and Barry.

Take down the BSSA

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wish Capcom would commit to something like this for him. Like, make him explicitly asexual, bi, gay, or whatever. Having an established, recognizable character be unambiguously queer would be such a nice bit of representation and it's something that basically everyone wants to see anyways.

It would be super disappointing to have like a 10-year flash-forward and see Chris with a wife and kids at this point.
Chris being gay would be huge. I think it would receive a horrifically toxic backlash, but I honestly think it would be great. That being said, I sorta doubt that Capcom has it in them.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Let him retire with both Jill and an healed-up Piers at the same time. With kids made in vitro
One big poly-amourous family.

About Carlos, while I definitely think Jill and him had something, I'm not into the whole "women can have only one love in her life" vibe

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Chris being gay would be huge. I think it would receive a horrifically toxic backlash, but I honestly think it would be great. That being said, I sorta doubt that Capcom has it in them.

Would you be disappointed if he's bi ?
I feel like gay and bi men are both equally unrepresented outside of roleplaying games.