Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson and a time-traveling train? What a wacky idea.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
latest

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I was browsing his IMDB last night (I saw him pop up in a thumbnail for the 12 Monkeys TV show) and I've noticed he has certainly upped the number of gigs he has been taking lately.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was fully expecting Lloyd to just get up and walk out part way through his lines LOL

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Lea Thompson was at least trying a little, but I suspect they just caught Lloyd while he was sleepwalking.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I was browsing his IMDB last night (I saw him pop up in a thumbnail for the 12 Monkeys TV show) and I've noticed he has certainly upped the number of gigs he has been taking lately.
Even in 2015 he looked pretty weary and I was worried he wasn't going to last much longer, yet here we are 6 years later and he's looking more spritely! I had also noticed he was doing more recently, was involved with the BTTF Musical promo work, more movies and guest star slots - I'm guessing its not like he needs the money at this point, so I wonder what it is; a love of acting?

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Even in 2015 he looked pretty weary and I was worried he wasn't going to last much longer, yet here we are 6 years later and he's looking more spritely! I had also noticed he was doing more recently, was involved with the BTTF Musical promo work, more movies and guest star slots - I'm guessing its not like he needs the money at this point, so I wonder what it is; a love of acting?
It's funny you say that because he looks way more … alive? awake? … now than he did 5-10 years ago.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
That has got to be the least interested I have seen an actor in a promo ever. Christopher Lloyd is just like "give me my fucking cheque and let me get the fuck out of here."

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Lloyd was great in Mr.Nobody, so he still has it in him.

It's funny these two get paired up because do they even interact in the Back To the Future movies? I think there's like one scene they're both in, haha. They were talking about this on Podcast The Ride, in reference to a Goosebumps 4D film directed by Joe Dante that they're both in.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I bet they had him on set for like 2 days.

He shows up on the train at the start, shows up 1 or 2 times during the film to offer some wisdom to the protagonist, and then shows up at the end to nod approvingly as she gets with Guy McHandsome.

Unless it ends up being one of those more somber ones where after changing for the better she's still sent back to the future and then has to start over with Guy McHandsome.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a second...

isn't that the ending of Back to the Future 3?

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Wait a second...

isn't that the ending of Back to the Future 3?
That's the whole reason for the promotion, and probably the movie itself (though it won't have any actual relationship to it story-wise… they don't have the rights). It's one big nostalgia connection monstrosity thingy