IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://youtu.be/DReCsIS35_Q?si=ahJS2epjj9Oi_aqN

Dead by Daylight's latest chapter update brings Chucky, the doll-turned-serial-killer star of the Child's Play slasher-movie franchise, into the world of the popular asymmetrical multiplayer game as a Killer. He will be available on November 28.

Developer Behaviour Interactive notes that Chucky's original voice actor, Brad Dourif, reprises his role. They also add: "Players can further customize the new Killer with the Good Gal outfit, inspired by Tiffany Valentine (aka the Bride of Chucky), which is voiced by Jennifer Tilly."

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Wow, they got Brad and Jennifer? That's pretty sweet.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
That video did little to explain how Chucky is suppose to reach and string up players on those poles.

He's too short to do it.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
That video did little to explain how Chucky is suppose to reach and string up players on those poles.

He's too short to do it.
height difference was actually the first thing that crossed my mind

never played dead daylight or whatever but if visibility is important id imagine a small enemy running behind waist cover would have quite an advantage

unless they make lanky chucky which would be a nightmare of its own

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Ahahah this rules.

I assume mechanically Chucky will play like the Twins? How he'll hook is another question though. Maybe the hooks start low to the ground and raise up. Can't be sabotaged maybe?

I know this is unlikely but the image is too funny in my mind to not want it to be real.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Chucky is strong as shit…so getting people on the hook wont be an issue. He could just toss them on there lol.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017

He's too short to do it.

Taking a bet on a shade of his human self doing the carrying and dumping - maybe like an aura around his body.

Would have to flashlight his face in the middle of the aura xD

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing he will use Voodoo to levitate them or something.
Well in the original movies (not sure about the reboot) he retain his strength as a full grown adult despite being a doll so I guess they can pull off something with that but I'm having a hard time picturing how.

Of course they can always cop out with some magical nonsense and just say he can do that because he has been powered up by the Entity.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
How is it Chucky can survive a dumb reboot attempt but every Freddy appearance in the last decade has been the awful remake version?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
How is it Chucky can survive a dumb reboot attempt but every Freddy appearance in the last decade has been the awful remake version?
I guess it helps that the original story line was being continued while the reboot happened, so people were quickly able to compartmentalize the reboot.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Oh hell yeah! And Dourif is doing the voice!

Can we get Tiff next? Maybe a survivor Jennifer Tilly?

Edit:
Just read the IGN article.

I am fucking sold.

Developer Behaviour Interactive notes that Chucky's original voice actor, Brad Dourif, reprises his role. They also add: "Players can further customize the new Killer with the Good Gal outfit, inspired by Tiffany Valentine (aka the Bride of Chucky), which is voiced by Jennifer Tilly." Check out the announcement trailer above and the first screenshots of Chucky in Dead by Daylight (along with a render of Bride of Chucky) in the image gallery below.

www.ign.com

Dead by Daylight's Newest Killer Is Child's Play's Chucky - IGN

Everyone's favorite serial-killing doll, Chucky from the Child's Play series, arrives as a new killer in Dead by Daylight on November 28. Enjoy this announcement trailer and first screenshots.

Dead-by-Daylight-Chucky-new-killer-958x575.png

Last edited:

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
......I'm fucking pissed. After years of not playing, I'm forced to come back now just to support this. This is amazing.

Is there cross progression coming? I played this on PS4 and have moved on to PC gaming mostly.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.webp

Rugrats collab dlc when?

So Chucky crawls under a pallet in the trailer, must be part of his power or perk ability.

The height is definitely interesting. Would make loops impossible to mind game against

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
He might have his own hook mechanic, like Pyramid Head?

Or just pulls them up with a big rope. lol

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
This really is turning into "everyone is here" of horror!
Not many iconic villains missing now is it? Jason and what, Candyman?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I don't play DBD but I'm shocked it took so long for this to happen. Really cool that they got Tilly as well.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Interesting that it's a Chucky crossover, not a Child's Play crossover. I'm not familiar with Chucky to know but are there any survivor characters in the series that might have been fun additions? Or is it just not worth the money.

I'm forever annoyed that DbD only have the licence for Ghostface, not Scream, so we don't have Deputy Dewey or Sidney or Gale Weathers as survivors.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty dang cool

He's too short to do it.

Onyro is pretty short too, they have her using telekinesis to lift people. I'm not sure specifically what Chucky will do but I'm sure they thought of something. Plus there's technically already Victor even if he works with his sister so he's not carrying stuff

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play DBD but I'm shocked it took so long for this to happen. Really cool that they got Tilly as well.

I vaguely recall something about his height being a major issue with implementing him and why they didn't put him in sooner. I'm assuming they've figured something out to make him work.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Interesting that it's a Chucky crossover, not a Child's Play crossover. I'm not familiar with Chucky to know but are there any survivor characters in the series that might have been fun additions? Or is it just not worth the money.

Andy Barclay and Kyle for sure.

I really need to catch up with the show and start Season 2, the first one was a banger.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This just reminded me that the Chucky tv show has stopped mid season due to the strike. At least they have a way to keep Chucky in the public consciousness in the meantime

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
If they can do chucky, than they can do Sam from Trick R Treat

Also would really like Candyman, with Tony Todd reprising

Beje

Oct 27, 2017

I'm forever annoyed that DbD only have the licence for Ghostface, not Scream, so we don't have Deputy Dewey or Sidney or Gale Weathers as survivors.

Knowing the community, players are probably more thirsty for Cindy and Brenda from Scary Movie.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They haven't had Candyman yet, right? They need that. Spider-Man 2 for me craving some Tony Todd tones.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Also join our community OT here 🔪
www.resetera.com

Dead by Daylight Community |OT| Get outta here you camper! OT

Hello all, welcome to the Dead by Daylight Community |OT|, I figured we should get a general thread going instead of relying on new threads about DLC information to discuss the game. Graphics for the Thread Title, Killers and Survivors are kindly provided by Noisepurge and updated regularly...

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It looks like he plays in third person?
dbd-ch30-cert-pr-screenshots-pov-chase-post-1920x1080-1699384205204.png
dont you kinda need to see the killer to run away - hide in this game?
doesnt a small killer like this one give a lot of advantage to the one playing the killer? unless he glows in evil red neon light or something

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
dont you kinda need to see the killer to run away - hide in this game?
doesnt a small killer like this one give a lot of advantage to the one playing the killer? unless he glows in evil red neon light or something

It's not the first small killer in the game. But yeah, Chucky will most likely have the red glow that shows what way the player is looking at. The game also has a heartbeat terror radius so you'll know when the killer is near.

Deleted member 129013

Dec 12, 2022
Shame I hate the toxic community and the overall gameplay loop because all of these characters are so cool