Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018
OP is using the image generation feature of NovelAI which is primarily a service in which you create stories with an AI. You have to subscribe to at least the $10 a month tier and may have to pay extra on top of that if you want to generate a lot of images.

novelai.net

NovelAI - The AI Storyteller

GPT-powered AI Storyteller. Driven by AI, construct unique stories, thrilling tales, seductive romances, or just fool around. Anything goes!

Thanks, Much appreciated

Zoyos

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's incredibly interesting topic. I dig the tech behind it, and what it can do is pretty amazing. Thanks for the info!

If you are using something like stable diffusion you can actually output the intermediate steps within the progression of an image generation.

This was with no prompt and a random seed value:

View: https://imgur.com/a/YVPITG5

It kinda initially looks like it's an impressionist painting then slowly adds detail.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I see alot of people saying that AI artists aren't artists as an own but I don't think the majority of people that make stuff using the AI think they're artists either. There are some crazies sure but I think the vast majority of anyone making random stuff using AI just want the thing to output a nice picture and don't consider themselves as an artist.

Anyone making art using an AI isn't an artist, I absolutely agree with that and it is correct, but I don't think that really matters lol

I disagree. Artists use tools to create...pencils, pens, brushes, computers, digital tablets. AI image generation is just another tool. There are pros and cons to it. You don't always get the image that is exactly in your head, but the art can be created much faster. I'm not saying that someone who can generate great images should be considered as talented as Michelangelo, but they are still an artist.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I disagree. Artists use tools to create...pencils, pens, brushes, computers, digital tablets. AI image generation is just another tool. There are pros and cons to it. You don't always get the image that is exactly in your head, but the art can be created much faster. I'm not saying that someone who can generate great images should be considered as talented as Michelangelo, but they are still an artist.

That...honestly feels more like "writing" or "commissioning" tbh.
You have so little actual control in the creative process and general output. You drew nothing, just from something.

That AI (and all entailed in that) is literally the artist.

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy these ai dudes trained all of danbooru for free, full of art that may have been paywalled or uploaded against the artist's wishes, or simply would have had no interest being used and then put the tech behind a subscription service.

If I request a custom birthday cake I'm not the professional baker. If you pay an artist for a commission or get a request done you're not the artist no matter how in depth the descriptions, reference images, moodboards etc are. I don't see this as any different. As said above it's more like the AI is the "artist".

Last edited:

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
That...honestly feels more like "writing" or "commissioning" tbh.
You have so little actual control in the creative process and general output. You drew nothing, just from something.

That AI (and all entailed in that) is literally the artist.
I would agree that prompts are more akin to commissioning, though if you want something more specific you could go the image-to-image route instead of text-to-image at which point it does become a bit more defensible as art.

A while back I whipped up a quick scene in Blender then ran it through Stable Diffusion to make it more detailed/realistic…

From this:
sOuXDhj.png

To this:
4M6L18C.png

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
If you are using something like stable diffusion you can actually output the intermediate steps within the progression of an image generation.

This was with no prompt and a random seed value:

View: https://imgur.com/a/YVPITG5

It kinda initially looks like it's an impressionist painting then slowly adds detail.

Ah, that's cool. Thanks for the reply! I've used a couple generators here and there, but haven't tried stable diffusion yet.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
the reason the Daisy generated images went that way is because there's barely any official art of her compared to Peach or Rosalina to offset the super horny fanart. if you search fanart, Peach and Rosalina get just as much horny stuff but on the official side, they get like 5-10 times more renders than Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.