Jan 4, 2018
F9dMk6Ja4AAtlPX
F9dM1ozboAAv_wA

F9dNGzLa0AA6xHb

Source:
View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1717926083495076146

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I'd be curious to see an overall PC tracking if even possible. Just doing Steam misses out on juggernauts like League, Valorant, Fortnite, etc.

Splinky

Jul 12, 2023
Shows why BG3 was 20th on PS5, all that GaaS with playtime.

It's not even playtime, it's monthly users. GaaS and free PSN titles will always dominate this list even if they have less playtime, since all it takes for a player to be counted is for them to log on at least once in the entire month.

What really confuses me is how MK1 is #10 when PlayStation's official numbers put it below BG3 in North America in downloads.

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I was under the impression that Fortnite was in decline?

Epic is making less money because the creator mode is what is popular at the moment, and Epic doesn't get as much revenue there. So player engagement is higher, but less money is coming through.

They still earn plenty though, its just Tim Sweeney being a dick.

Fossora

Jun 14, 2023
Rocket League has some damn good player retention considering the game has been off of Steam for like 3 years now.

The game is just that good. Immediately simple to understand but with more movement depth than perhaps any other game out there. It's a damn near perfect competitive game.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be curious to see an overall PC tracking if even possible. Just doing Steam misses out on juggernauts like League, Valorant, Fortnite, etc.

I'd love to see month to month tracking of all the big F2P mega stars. Like how impactful are major tournament months for games like Valorant and CS against games like Fortnite and Apex? How well did themed/holiday months play out against each other? How much did Michael Myers and Jack Skellington do for Fortnite compared to Call of Duty's Spawn and Skeletor guest appearances? We'd be able to speculate these type of things if we just had MAU's for them altogether.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
So GaaS are kings. You can't blame sony to try to go that route if the tools they use to analyze the market tells you this so clear.

Kidgamer

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
And People wonder why Sony us going all in in GAAS. Not even one of the best games this year if not the best made it in the top 10.

Also gonna to be funny seeing both GTAV and GTAVI dominate these list next year.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
And People wonder why Sony us going all in in GAAS. Not even one of the best games this year if not the best made it in the top 10.

Also gonna to be funny seeing both GTAV and GTAVI dominate these list next year.

Yeah Sony not having a single game in their Top 10 is crazy.

Edit - Not even Destiny 2

Splinky

Jul 12, 2023
Too bad no riot data.

League and valorant are the real #1 and #2 on PC.

I imagine Fortnite, Roblox, CSGO, and a bunch of those massive F2P games in Asia like Crossfire and DFO likely give them a run for their money.

Valorant is definitely underestimated though, especially now with its massive Chinese launch.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Shocking that many people continued playing Saints Row beyond that opening section.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
These stats are fairly new for them right? All pretty interesting if not too unsurprising, the Xbox Most Played tracks pretty well for the most part.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even playtime, it's monthly users. GaaS and free PSN titles will always dominate this list even if they have less playtime, since all it takes for a player to be counted is for them to log on at least once in the entire month.

What really confuses me is how MK1 is #10 when PlayStation's official numbers put it below BG3 in North America in downloads.

Playtime + all those physical copies sold??