• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The idea that these idiots are jumping ship just now like there there was any chance this dumb coup was actually gonna work is hilarious to me.

Oct 27, 2017
The republican party is no longer a party, it's a fucking personality cult built upon racism. Trump's popularity as a potential politician was built on birtherism. It's straight up racism.

73 million American citizens voted for a racist demagogue, and are racist. There's no gray. Just straight up butthurt asshole losers.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"Loser Chris Christie is such an embarrassment! He begged me for years for a spot in my administration but I sad NO WAY. Now he wants to get even by LYING about the RIGGED ELECTION. SAD!"

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
He's wrong. It's not a national embarrassment.

It's an international one.
Eh, I think the world at large is so numb to Trump's bullshit at this point. Weird and embarrassing shit from the White House is itself a daily routine. Besides, the world is too busy with Covid to pay too much attention to the orange toddler, really.

Oct 26, 2017
A national embarrassment that's causing tremendous damage to the country.

If you never dip a toe into right-wing echo chambers (and I wouldn't blame you for avoiding them) there are people who are absolutely convinced that Trump is the real winner, that he won by a landslide, and evidence of the greatest crime in human political history is imminently about to be revealed to the world.

Oh, and the fact that no reputable news sources are reporting any of this is evidence that they are right, because they've automatically discounted reputable media as fake news.

I have no idea what they will do when Biden is inaugurated.
I'll tell you exactly what they'll do: it'll be a mirror image of the Russian interference affair and the push for an independent investigation. And when that fails they'll claim it was swept under the rug just like we did with the Mueller report, and the double standard will live on.

Also, every removal of a Trump appointed federal official will fuel their fire and conspiracy theories even more.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Eh, I think the world at large is so numb to Trump's bullshit at this point. Weird and embarrassing shit from the White House is itself a daily routine. Besides, the world is too busy with Covid to pay too much attention to the orange toddler, really.
Nah. Speaking as someone living in a country that borders the US, I am not really "numb" to the fact that the neighbouring country is flirting so much with fascism, though I sometimes wish I were.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Speaking as someone living in a country that borders the US, I am not really "numb" to the fact that the neighbouring country is flirting so much with fascism, though I sometimes wish I were.
Speaking from my perspective in Austria. The election was big news the first two weeks, no doubt about it, but from the moment it was clear that 1) Biden clearly won and 2) Trump doesn't stand any real chances to overturn this in the courts, interest in the media here waned. Coronavirus is a much bigger topic, as well as the recent attack (arguably a very localized event, but it coincides with similar ones in France).

Oct 26, 2017
Man I wish this was the case! Right wing religious zealots in my country are eating up the "election fraud" narrative.