• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Shuhada' is a notoriously damaged person. She's bipolar and has been very publicly off and on her meds, resulting in a dozen different public kerfuffles and at least one adult suicide attempt. She left the Catholic Church and was ordained in an offshoot Irish Catholic church, has railed against all organized religion, and has now converted to Islam. Sexual abuse as a child, the loss of her son, and the massive backlash from the SNL performance have all caused her terrible pain. I hope she finds some peace, and stays on her meds.

Deleted member 42758

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I'm sorry, Shuhada, can you please speak up? I can't quite hear you over the sound of your high horse clomping around in the dirt like a fucking clydesdale.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's all the same god anyway, but her view is actually one that I kind of agree with (in part)

First you have Judaism.

Then you have the Old Testament which kind of updates some aspects.

Then you have the New Testament which updates more aspects.

Then you have Mohammed a few hundred years later who gets the most recent version with more updates and changes.

So for Abrahamic religions you have:

• v1 Judaism
  • v2 Christianity
  • v3 Islam
And obviously various subdivisions in each one.
Throw in Mormons as v4. Aren't they another brand new branch?

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damaged person with deep set issues can't sort herself out (or can't take full responsibility), so seek external control structure.
Need a dogmatic but evidence-free control structure = the growing (young) Abrahamic religion (as the old one is what I blame for the crap in my life, but I still need god) = Win.