antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blaming older people for shortages while also stating in the article how the Pandemic is much more dangerous for older people is silly. if I was that age and had the means to retire I sure as fuck would. No Job is worth risking my life.

Under ideal situations you have the articles bitching people can't get promotions because the old timers are sticking around. It's a bubble again of course. Many are feeling good right now due to the way the housing market has brought them a lot of extra money etc. atm. We will have the vast majority of older and elderly people back to work with no choice but to work into their 70s and 80s to survive soon enough

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think the anger at boomers retiring might have more to do with the fear of later generations seeing that boomers may be the last generation of retirees. What's the stats on retirement savings for later generations and available retirement savings plans? Those benefits appear to be shrinking anecdotally.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the anger at boomers retiring might have more to do with the fear of later generations seeing that boomers may be the last generation of retirees. What's the stats on retirement savings for later generations and available retirement savings plans? Those benefits appear to be shrinking anecdotally.
Savings are no doubt shrinking. But outside of a bubble of the Elderly quite a bit of older America is not in any better shape. Its why reverse Mortgages etc. are so successful. Elderly related medical bills pretty much ensure the old get fucked by the system

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's so fucking sad to see people here agree with this shit. Retirement should be a basic human right and we need to stop perpetuating this generation bullshit.

Nov 3, 2021
The Boomer's creed

cbyKojP.gif
It's more like the creed of anyone in society who doesn't want to feel stupid.

They key is to collectively decide what "can" be taken.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
"blame" is a pretty strong word for something people should absolutely be allowed to do. If you want to retire and are able to, then no one should judge someone taking that choice.

In times of high unemployment, older workers would get the same "blame" for not making way for the younger generations.

so glad boomers get to do these things and millennials will never get to because of them

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Also, not in every case but I blame some young people for not being able to retire, most young people I ever worked with and those that my husband work with now complain they "have no money" or are "totally broke until payday" and yet comes in with fast food breakfast and then go out and buy lunch every day. They also buy a new $1,000+ iPhone every year and are always "going out" on the weekend. They spend every penny they have and never save anything.
Way to break out of the generational divide rhetoric loop with this Boomer-ass take.

Yeah, Boomers never bought breakfast or lunch at the diner in their youth. Nor did they go out on the weekends with their friends and love interests. Nor ever spend their hard-earned money on status items of their day (furs, expensive jewelry, fancy suits, hifi stereos, etc.).

Jesus fuck 🤦‍♀️

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The answer is to chain Boomers to their work station and get out the steam whistles and whips to improve productivity. Bunch of lazy good for nothings haven't worked a hard day in their life. Talk about not even trying to pull themselves up by the boot straps.