louie

Oct 29, 2017

drunk-i-was-very-drunk.gif

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/sgurman/status/1558140291449765888?s=20&t=R5aBiNZdhWOJThh0TKz9VQ
Except:
FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home Monday removed 11 sets of classified documents, including some marked as top secret and meant to be only available in special government facilities, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took around 20 boxes of items, binders of photos, a handwritten note and the executive grant of clemency for Mr. Trump's ally Roger Stone, a list of items removed from the property shows. Also included in the list was information about the "President of France," according to the three-page list. The list is contained in a seven-page document that also includes the warrant to search the premises which was granted by a federal magistrate judge in Florida.

The list includes references to one set of documents marked as "Various classified/TS/SCI documents," an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information. It also says agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents. The list didn't provide any more details about the substance of the documents.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Gonna be tough(er) to argue for keeping the warrant under wraps now that the WSJ has spoiled the entire thing lmao

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
The fact that he returned SOME documents, but kept these very limited amount of other documents, even though I'm sure the original subpoena required their return - is all the proof you need to show that they knew it was wrong to keep.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
haven't seen too much right wing media reaction to this

do they know better?

edit: about the nuclear talk i should say

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone linked a thread from r/conservative here last night where on of the posters suggested that Trump took the nuclear documents "to keep them away from Biden" which is just... an insane degree of mental gymnastics.

(It was in one of these threads, there are like three that I've been following. We really ought to consolidate into a Trump Warrant OT like they did for Ezra Miller.)

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a different take. I don't think it's sharing classified intel with our enemies that caused the DOJ to seize the records or why Scott got his phone snatched. It could be that but I don't think so.

The CIA analyst who was one of the first whistleblowers in regards Ukraine scandal stated in his ICIG complaint that the codeword classification system was misused to hide more than one "politically sensitive" Presidential telephone transcript. In other words, Trump was having his phone calls with leaders and other folks labeled as top secret in order to make it so no one could look at or review them. I think those transcripts are what we're in those boxes that were seized. Some of those transcripts no doubt have to do with Trump slamming the US and our people to Russia and other entities that have been hostile to the United Stares, no doubt they show how dirty the dude was in regards to being open to being paid for favors, and I'm sure they also show Trump being a complete buffoon to our allies. After getting away with all kinds of shit including getting away with clean hands from his first impeachment, I think it's very likely there are transcripts in those boxes that have to do with Trump's direct involvement in planning January 6th and the plans to inject fake electors into the electoral count process so he could stay in power.

I think that's why he kept the boxes. He didn't trust enough people to go look at those records and fish out what was there and destroy them and he's too lazy to go look for the transcripts himself.

This is why Trump, his Republican allies in Congress AND the media are going with the "planted evidence" angle as well. If it is these transcripts showing what I listed above it's going to be super compromising for Trump. He won't be able to say that shit is made up if they're official White House records so he's trying to get ahead of the narrative and say the FBI planted the evidence. Which is insane cause as paranoid as trump is, you KNOW he has cameras ALL OVER Mar-a-lago. But we won't see that footage because then he couldn't fund raise off of being a victim.

I know this is from quite a few posts ago, but this makes *a lot* of sense.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite part is the three likes lmao
It also shows the screenshot was taken when post was 0m old, highlighting again the symbiotic relationship between Trump and Maggie Haberman/NYT. His post was clearly coordinated with her and she knew about it second it went up or sent the screenshot by Team Trump immediately after he posted it. When he wants her to print something, she does it.

Sep 6, 2020
It also shows the screenshot was taken when post was 0m old, highlighting again the symbiotic relationship between Trump and Maggie Haberman/NYT. His post was clearly coordinated with her and she knew about it second it went up or sent the screenshot by Team Trump immediately after he posted it. When he wants her to print something, she does it.

I also really dislike Haberman's work these past few years, but I'd just as soon guess that she's got alerts or even a screencap bot on Trump's Truth Social account.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Eh.. could just as easily be a bot that takes screenshots every time he says something.

Which is exactly the type of tool a news org would employ.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is from quite a few posts ago, but this makes *a lot* of sense.
It's the only thing that still makes sense to me. The idea that trump was selling state secrets or information about nuclear tech sort-of makes sense to a degree but I think that in order to do that Trump would actually have to be cunning and not ruled by his impulses and we have the last 6 years of his behavior to look at that tells us Trump is only ruled by his impulses. He had a bunch of the documents stored near the fucking pool house for fucks sake and other stuff in a safe. That's not what someone does when they're trying to commit espionage. He'll probably get charged with espionage, but I don't think his intent was espionage. I think he was trying to cover his own ass from other crimes that he committed while in office.

This entire thing reeks of actions take by someone who doesn't know what he has but he knows there's incriminating evidence about his behavior in 4 years of documentation that he has to do something about. So on the way out the door he takes a ton of things because he doesn't know where the incriminating evidence actually is and he doesn't trust people to go through it. And trump is such a fucking narcissist that instead of doing his due diligence and dealing with those documents, he's spent the last 18 months grifting, sorry, fundraising, and holding rallies to talk about how life is so unfair for him.

If Trump sold state secrets he would have done it while if office not after because he wouldn't have access to the mechanisms to cover up the transactions. Which goes back to my original theory. And why say they planted evidence? Cause you know what you did and you think the FBI just found the proof of it.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
User Warned: Signal Boosting Alt Right Source
Mod Edit: Removed Link to Breitbart

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2018
After reading all this, the thing that came to my mind is:

Imagine having a document of the highest order of secrecy being printed, it stops, and the person printing it tells a coworker, "I can't print the nuclear documents. I gotta run to Walmart and get more ink."

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
It's the only thing that still makes sense to me. The idea that trump was selling state secrets or information about nuclear tech sort-of makes sense to a degree but I think that in order to do that Trump would actually have to be cunning and not ruled by his impulses and we have the last 6 years of his behavior to look at that tells us Trump is only ruled by his impulses. He had a bunch of the documents stored near the fucking pool house for fucks sake and other stuff in a safe. That's not what someone does when they're trying to commit espionage. He'll probably get charged with espionage, but I don't think his intent was espionage. I think he was trying to cover his own ass from other crimes that he committed while in office.

This entire thing reeks of actions take by someone who doesn't know what he has but he knows there's incriminating evidence about his behavior in 4 years of documentation that he has to do something about. So on the way out the door he takes a ton of things because he doesn't know where the incriminating evidence actually is and he doesn't trust people to go through it. And trump is such a fucking narcissist that instead of doing his due diligence and dealing with those documents, he's spent the last 18 months grifting, sorry, fundraising, and holding rallies to talk about how life is so unfair for him.

If Trump sold state secrets he would have done it while if office not after because he wouldn't have access to the mechanisms to cover up the transactions. Which goes back to my original theory. And why say they planted evidence? Cause you know what you did and you think the FBI just found the proof of it.
The obvious question that comes to mind for me then is why wouldn't a guy who was notorious for shredding and destroying documents, hated people taking notes, hated paper trails, suddenly decide to keep incriminating or damning top secret evidence about himself and not just destroy all of it? Then do what he always does and deny, deny, deny.

To me I honestly circle back to either he did think he could profit off some of this, or he wanted it for his own selfish reasons. Like they were documents about what he thought were great moments like his conversations with Kim or some shit. Or stuff his narcissistic self believed he was entitled to and was being petty out the door.

IDk, not saying yours isn't plausible, certainly is, just not sure I can rule out other things yet

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
The obvious question that comes to mind for me then is why wouldn't a guy who was notorious for shredding and destroying documents, hated people taking notes, hated paper trails, suddenly decide to keep incriminating or damning top secret evidence about himself and not just destroy all of it? Then do what he always does and deny, deny, deny.

To me I honestly circle back to either he did think he could profit off some of this, or he wanted it for his own selfish reasons. Like they were documents about what he thought were great moments like his conversations with Kim or some shit. Or stuff his narcissistic self believed he was entitled to and was being petty out the door.

IDk, not saying yours isn't plausible, certainly is, just not sure I can rule out other things yet
I think it's really simple why didn't get rid of the documents. He didn't know what all was there. He didn't trust anybody to shred the docs, he's too lazy to do it himself, and didn't think he was going to get in trouble for having those documents. He's the smartest and greatest president ever, remember? Lol

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Unless I've been misinformed, I don't think this qualifies as a necro-bump if the last posts before mine were only four days ago. I apologize for setting off people's alarms, but I chose not to respond until I had finished reading every post in the thread. It took a few days.